When are the proposed dates for WFO8?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My vote is for either Grand Junction, CO or somewhere near Salt Lake City, UT. Great riding near both and plenty of accomidations.
I wouldn't count on either of those. We were just in Denver over the summer for NAFO 1 and for the last WFO, we were in Park City July '07. Great places to spend the weekend on an FJR, but I'm guessing the location will be somewhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:
didnt own my fjr in time to go to nafo,some of us like myself work every weekend so i need to plan ahead to go to weekend events.is there a date in mind for a wfo 09?

I have an itch for a looooong ride. I too work every weekend and need to plan way ahead to get the time off. The sooner we know when in July the better. Do you think we will know by the New Year?

This will be a blast, since I'm a West coast riding virgin. :dribble:

didnt own my fjr in time to go to nafo,some of us like myself work every weekend so i need to plan ahead to go to weekend events.is there a date in mind for a wfo 09?

I have an itch for a looooong ride. I too work every weekend and need to plan way ahead to get the time off. The sooner we know when in July the better. Do you think we will know by the New Year?

Yebbutt....whut if it ain't on the coast?Could be it'll be in the West but more in the mountains stedda along the beaches..... :blink:

Yebbutt....whut if it ain't on the coast?Could be it'll be in the West but more in the mountains stedda along the beaches..... :blink:
Ok it been corrected :)

B) I Vote for Kalispell Montana. Easy access to the Canadian Rockies and Great Local riding. Glacier National Park etc etc.My 2 cents. Dan
Have you ever been on a public road/highway in Montana on a weekend? Just curious...

Its one of the least populated states in America and No Fuzz. You will be lucky to see one, not like Nafo in Colorado, there was cops with radar every where.

Lots to see and do, Largest natural fresh water lake west of the Mississippi. Plus great temps in July.

It'll be great no matter where it's held.

The event is as much about the people as it is the roads. I can't remember a WFO where I didn't experience great riding and make new friends.

I vote we trust those involved with the planning to choose a venue that can hold all of those coming and provide interesting, fun and scenic riding options rather than debate our favorite sight.

Then again...if your desired location is that great, why not organize a ride there and see who shows up? That's what we do here in NorCal when one of us plans a 3-day weekend getaway.

It'll be great no matter where it's held.
The event is as much about the people as it is the roads. I can't remember a WFO where I didn't experience great riding and make new friends.

I vote we trust those involved with the planning to choose a venue that can hold all of those coming and provide interesting, fun and scenic riding options rather than debate our favorite sight.

Then again...if your desired location is that great, why not organize a ride there and see who shows up? That's what we do here in NorCal when one of us plans a 3-day weekend getaway.
I think WFO should be held in Creston, CA.

Great roads, plenty of bars for the drunktards, a church for the moral masses, and my CBA morals wouldn't be violated! :rolleyes:

It'll be great no matter where it's held.Then again...if your desired location is that great, why not organize a ride there and see who shows up? That's what we do here in NorCal when one of us plans a 3-day weekend getaway.
I think WFO should be held in Creston, CA.

Great roads, plenty of bars for the drunktards, a church for the moral masses, and my CBA morals wouldn't be violated! :rolleyes:
Hmmmmm.........

Do I sense a "group weekend ride" to The Hondarosa in the Spring????? :yahoo:

[SIZE=8pt]Er...uhm...may I invite Barb?[/SIZE]

And Tyler?

Last edited by a moderator:
well i believe that we should know in 2 weeks,thats what the gods in charge stated in earlier posts.as they say on mxc......get it on!

I would say have the WFO8 in Eureka! Calif. the three highways are stunning beautiful rides, 101n, 101s and Hwy 299, but then I would not get to enjoy the ride to the WFO8, darn. Maybe Fort Bragg?

FarWestFastEddie,

Eureka! Ca.

I would say have the WFO8 in Eureka! Calif. the three highways are stunning beautiful rides, 101n, 101s and Hwy 299, but then I would not get to enjoy the ride to the WFO8, darn. Maybe Fort Bragg?
FarWestFastEddie,

Eureka! Ca.
I used to live in Fort Bragg, CA

Anyplace near there would be very tempting!