• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

wireless realtime tire pressure monitor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vancosport or Experienced Farklers,

Will the transmitter accept any of the myriad 90 degree valve stems?
Mine hasn't arrived yet (suspect it should be here any day now), but as I understand it, this system comes with a 90-degree valve stem.

See item 5 below.... 90-degree valve stems!

Tire-Watch-01.jpg

Vancosport or Experienced Farklers,

Will the transmitter accept any of the myriad 90 degree valve stems?
Mine hasn't arrived yet (suspect it should be here any day now), but as I understand it, this system comes with a 90-degree valve stem.

See item 5 below.... 90-degree valve stems!

SWEET!

Certainly isn't anything like the original pictures.....

7.JPG

:unsure:

the 90 Degree valve is an optional extra. here is the spare part list and part numbers available ;) meanwhile, here is the list of applications so far :)

Applications.jpg

parts.jpg

the 90 Degree valve is an optional extra.
Truthfully, I am glad this is the case, as I do NOT want the 90-degree valve stems! ;)

meanwhile, here is the list of applications so far :)
Once my Tire Watch arrives and gets installed, they can add the CBR1100XX to the list, as that's the bike these babies will be going in.... B)

[SIZE=24pt]UPDATE[/SIZE]

Watch the videos of the amazing 2008 Kawasaki GTR 1400 that has this product as standard equipment from the factory

Part 1

Part 2

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]KICK-ASS VIDEOS!!!!![/SIZE]

So the LDL Tire Watch system is standard equipment on the new GTR1400.... nice!!

The 2nd vid is the killer one for me, for several reasons:

1) As mentioned, it shows the new LDL "Tire Watch" wireless air pressure sensor as standard equipment

2) For the first time (to my knowledge), it alludes to the nature of the Variable Valve Timing, and happily enough, it does NOT look anything like that stupid-ass VTEC from Honda, rather, it appears to change (advance/retard) both camshafts via this interesting flywheel-looking mechanism on the end of the cam. B)

3) Shows the electric windscreen motor layout... looks like screen is moved by flexible cables!

4) Shows detailed animations of the tetra-lever shaft drive

These vids are extremely polished and refined; it probably took some Flash developers a man-year of development time! :lol:

Oh shit!!!! Someone hand me a box of tissues!!

That is way cool!

I told you the VVT was going to be a hydraulic pressure based advance/retard. Its the only way to due this right (other than the one on modern BMW cars). I like how they made it ultra compact - much smaller than the linear piston working helical inner/outer gears.

This bike, assuming the build quality ends up alright, is going to send the FJR design team back to the deep, dark depths of their CAD systems. I cannot see anyone buying one once this baby comes out (if it delivers on its promises, of course. It could end up being a piece of shite in the first year).

-BD

Not to throw cold water on their VVT system....but....it is pretty elementary compared to what is in cars these days. It is a hydraulic adjustor, yes, but only on the intake cam. Better than no VVT but only an entry level system in all honesty. It would really be cool if they had it on the intake and the exhaust so as to vary both cam timings independently. Much more effective that way. Or, at least they could have moved both the cams together for even more performance effect. If you have a DOHC engine it is really a waste to only VVT one cam if it is really going to be an all out effort.

If the VVT is used on the intake side only it is there primarily for performance reasons. VVT on the exhaust only is mostly emissions related with some torque and idle quality benefits. The REAL way to do it if they are serious is on both cams, timed and controlled separately.

Not to throw cold water on their VVT system....but....it is pretty elementary compared to what is in cars these days.
<voice="Oddball"> Always with the negative waves, man, always with the negative waves!" </voice>

:p

While at first glance the Flash animation might give the impression it's moving two camshafts, obviously, it's only moving the rearward (intake) camshaft... the "second" camshaft in the vid is simply a closeup of the intake cam. <_<

Oh well... perhaps in the interest of weight, space, complexity or other engineering concerns, they elected only to vary the intake cam. And on the plus side, this might give one hope that maybe valve clearance checks will not require a lot of specialized tools/equipment (ala VTEC from Honda) that only dealers will have.

Still, until the bike gets here, it's all speculation anyway....

well I have never had the pleasure of test riding an FJR or the ZX1400 or any tourer for that matter. my question is, I know these bad boys produce a lot of low end torque and power within midrange, but how do these babies perform on the higher end of the rev range? say 6th gear 7K revs full throttle roll-on to overtake another bike. the VVT will surely come in handy at that point.

Just got word from my shipping agent. the items are still at the US customs office getting cleared. should be delivered to u very soon. all items have been labeled as "gift" to avoid extra costs. please confirm as soon as you have them so i know. Are the mail services that congested at this early point in December?

Are the mail services that congested at this early point in December?
It's likely that it's more of an issue with Customs, than the Postal Service per say. Although here at 10-11 days before Xmas, things are definitely heating up for most all carriers, particularly the USPS.

It's likely that it's more of an issue with Customs, than the Postal Service per say. Although here at 10-11 days before Xmas, things are definitely heating up for most all carriers, particularly the USPS.

it is USPS delivery actually.

It is USPS delivery actually.
Has anyone received theirs yet? My new Avon Storms are at the dealer - waiting on the Tire-Watch to put 'em on....

Vancosport - You wouldn't happen to have tracking numbers for 'em [he said hopefully] ...

<voice="Oddball"> Always with the negative waves, man, always with the negative waves!" </voice>

Not being "negative"...just realistic. I suspected that people were mistaking their animation for full VVT operation of both cams as that is exactly the reaction I had to it also. Just wanted to make sure they didn't get more credit than they desired.....LOL.

Not being "negative"...just realistic. I suspected that people were mistaking their animation for full VVT operation of both cams as that is exactly the reaction I had to it also. Just wanted to make sure they didn't get more credit than they desired.....LOL.
C'mon, now jestal!! They get a lot of credit, as far as I am concerned. No one else has done this yet. And as you know, space and weight are a factor. You gotta have the valves, plumbing, and sensors to make this thing work. Plus, they are adding this infinitely variable, non-hacked system on an already KICK ASS motor. BIG CREDIT, KAWI!!

Also, no disrespect, but I don't agree with your statements above. You and I both know its all about the intake. Exhaust valves open against chamber pressure anyway - changing the timing of this train has 20% of the net performance effect (as you said). The rest is in the intake. And, again, in this case, it is not a two-stage hack job that they could have put in cheaper and easier.

-BD

Latest posts