2006 Charging Output from Service Manual

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody done measuring dicks now? :argue:

It's been along time since I've had any use for that E=I/r stuff, but doesn't the 20% reduction in stator resistance have everything to do with the 20% increase in output? :dntknw:

Surely there's a sparky type here who could straighten me out.

Sigh, just one more, being the Baron and all...(sorry Iggy, but, well, I hope you understand)

In your own words, no less.

I really would love to come right out and tell you where I got it, but I honestly can't.
Still, maybe I can help you as to where you might find one, just like I did. Here's where I didn't get the 2006 Service Manual CD...

1.) I didn't buy it off e-Bay.

2.) I didn't buy it from Yamaha.

3.) [SIZE=14pt]I didn't buy from anybody.[/SIZE]

4.) I didn't get it off Yamaha's *CONSUMER* website...

Now, ask yourself a couple of questions... The printed manuals aren't available yet, right? Yet dealers are working away, happily as clams, doing 600 miles checks, replacing damaged pieces, etc. on 2006 FJR-1300's all over the country, right?

Where do they get all the new data from to work on these? Say, like if they wanted to go to a manual online somewhere and print a page or two... Where would they go?

And find a 726 page, 40 MB, PDF file called LIT-11616-19-83.pdf?

Hope this helps, but you didn't hear it from me, okay?

Thanks!

Dallara
Got Marshmallow?

-30- Word. For real this time.

But TWN...

I didn't buy the CD from anybody.

I special ordered (i.e. pre-ordered) the printed service manual... In fact, I also ordered a service manual for previous year FJR's, too, just so I would have it for comparison.

Anyway, I special ordered the 2006 manual, and insisted upon paying for it in advance. After all, I always preferred special orders prepaid in my Honda store when I was a dealer. My dealer didn't have a price on the 2006 manual yet, so I just doubled the price of the previous year FJR manual and handed his parts guy a check.

I got the CD version as a *bonus*, with them saying "Well, since you've already paid for the manual you might as well have a copy of it to use until your's gets here..."

So, see... You're wrong again, my little Jet-Puffed Goo Wad...

You remind me of that old joke about the bear and the hunter - "TWN, you're really not here for the discussion, are you?"

Have a good one, there, Fifer... You haven't changed since Mayberry.

But thanks for playing.

Dallara

(ps, folks - this is also why I said that probably anyone who had a good relationship with his dealer could get the online dealer version on CD if they played their cards right. Of course, I can see how TWN would never stand a chance of getting one early...)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is better than HBO.
Nah, CNN. It's like a lawyer or a politician is on the other end. Ain't never seen anyone back peddle, tread water or spin a tale faster. Good story though. "Yeah, dats it!"

OK, back to the wattage output.

True Dat!

Poor little TWN. Like leading lambs to the slaughter.
There you go again with the sheep, again. Dammit, Skooter, you're just begging for a visit from PETA! :D ;)
Be careful with those threats, TWN...Skooter's heavy hitters (below) will be draggin' you outta bed for a beating...

hamburger.jpg

If that's a picket line... maybe it's a hunger strike? :lol:

:assassin: Hey guys, what's wrong with PETA, I am one of the original members of the Texas Chapter of PETA....which stands for PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS!!!!

Sorry, but I lost track of the topic here. Did anybody figure out of the '06 is actually putting out more watts?

My '04 OWNER'S manual clearly states:

Charging system

Type A.C. magneto

Standard output 14 V, 490 W@ 5,000 r/min

What does the '06 owners manual say? Does it corroborate the SERVICE manual?

Status
Not open for further replies.