2007 Bag Liners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What year bike did you purchase?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose you could ask the dealer to show you where they are invoiced for the liners seperately from the motorcycle, but my guess is you will just get more B.S. One thing for sure, I'd make sure he knows he is gonna get his moneys worth in "free" advertising for what you end up having to pay to get the liners from anyone other than him.

If he had said "yes they come with the bike but I like to take them out and sell them seperately to make some more money" he would only be a thief, since he lies about this he is both a thief and a liar. I think that you should take your money elsewhere and warn the world who the guy is so that he does not profit again at another riders expense.

My '07 came with them too. I wouldn't even think of buying anything else from those A$$H@!es. Just check e-bay or go to University and buy them if you must have them.

Herkypilot

BTW everybody, that was Motions Yamaha in Marietta, GA (just outside Atlanta)...just in case you wanted to know.
Here is their web site: https://www.motionslive.com/

If you live near Atlanta, you may want to find another dealer.
Bought my '07 from Lawrenceville Honda Yamaha January '07. Great discount and yes the liners were there. I believe you would get a much better deal from Lawrenceville Honda Yamaha. There are a volume dealer. Go there any Saturday and the out of state trucks and trailers are lined up to load the new purchases on.

The truth is the more I hear of Yamaha's "Customer Service" and their dealer "Service" departments, is the more laughable it becomes. There are a few honest dealers and Customer Service folks who do care but more and more inconsistancies appear with time......PM. <>< :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that in Australia (like Canada) we don't get them at all (unless we go to flea-bay), means that you absolutley MUST take this stealer to the cleaners and tell all and sundry of his poor business ethics. Do it for us, PLEASE?

Ya know, fellas.... perhaps this "Motions" dealership is simply misunderstood.

Perhaps they really do care about what there customers think about their experience with Motions.

After all... if they didn't care, they probably wouldn't have a customer survey on their website, where one can openly praise the highly ethical treatment one may experience after some form of dealership interaction.

Say, for example, having your shit ripped off and then get lied to about it... just sayin'.... as an example....
eusa_whistle.gif

Motions Stealership - Customer Survey

icon_twisted.gif

[SIZE=8pt]{ be sure to copy your blast-o-grams here, so's we can watch the fur fly.... :lol: }[/SIZE]

Ya know, fellas.... perhaps this "Motions" dealership is simply misunderstood.
Perhaps they really do care about what there customers think about their experience with Motions.

After all... if they didn't care, they probably wouldn't have a customer survey on their website, where one can openly praise the highly ethical treatment one may experience after some form of dealership interaction.

Say, for example, having your shit ripped off and then get lied to about it... just sayin'.... as an example....
eusa_whistle.gif

Motions Stealership - Customer Survey

icon_twisted.gif

[SIZE=8pt]{ be sure to copy your blast-o-grams here, so's we can watch the fur fly.... :lol: }[/SIZE]
"Blast-o-gram" sent. Very therapoootic, this blasting business. Who's next?

Well, that certainly was fun. :) Sorry, but I jumped on the link before scrolling down and seeing Dales request to copy here. Even though I gave permission to use my "testimonial", I have a funny feeling they will decline to do so. :rolleyes:

"A friend of mine has purchased a FJR from you (new), and I have been informed that you have failed to include the bag liners (which is, I am led to believe, standard equipment for ALL FJR's sold in the USA). I know of many other FJR owners who have received their liners, with no issue, unlike my friend, who appears to be dealing with a liar and a cheat. I am sure you know who I am referring to. It's all up to you, but you are pissing off a LOT of future owners."

Please head back to the top of this thread and participate in the poll. I'm planning to give a call to this dealer and and interview them for a possible story on this forum and would like to see just what forum members experiences have been.

Thanks.

Ignacio

I purchased a 2007 FJR last June and I did not get bag liners with it. I contacted the dealer and they said that the bag liners came on '05 and '06 models, but are a $99.95 option on the '07.
I searched every way I could think of, but found no reference.

Is that true?
Mine came with my 2007. I dont find alot of use for them though. They seem to take up valuable space.

My wrath to Motions below....

"I'm writing to give notice that due to unethical treatment of a forum member, and friend, your dealership stands to receive a very poor reputation NATIONWIDE; and thus lose future sales. This incident involves recently cheating a buyer out of included side-case liners on a 07' FJR purchase. Furthermore this buyer was lied to when told these liners are optional accessories and not typically included standard with the purchase anywhere, anytime, on any year. There are thousands of U.S. buyers who will testify that they did receive these liners at no additional cost at bike delivery from dealers across the country.

This story is spreading like wildfire on the internet on three separate FJR forums. Over 20 thousand of us will potentially spread word of your underhanded practice to many others. I can only assume that the end result will hit you on the bottom line. This will mean lost sales not only on Yamaha products, but on all your lines. I know that I would NEVER step foot in your dealership nor would I encourage any of my friends or forum members to do so.

Many buyers, as I did, visit these forums prior to buying. One of the things they will learn by doing so it to avoid dealing with Motions. The damage is done...but you could do the right thing and give the man his bags...or are you really that devious?"

My dealer has asked me why I send customers to his competition. I run through the littany of past dealings where they have "gotten" me. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Being the dinosaur that I am I do my best to share their "customer service".
I have two dealer stories;

Local Yammie/Kawa dealer sold me a 2003 Concours. All went well enough except for some scratches on the windscreen (noted on delivery) and a missing ignition key (also noted).

When I went to claim my replacement windshield and key I was asked to pay for them (and they key was a blank - they told me to get it cut) at my expense.

Then they charged almost $500 for first service - but never cracked the valve cover - so they lied about doing the work. When I had a coolant leak they tried to give my bike the sunshine treatement . . . my complaints (and the lack of significant volume) cost them their Kawa dealership.

When I bought the FJR I got it from another, less conveniently located dealer for about $500 less - yet they made me feel like my business was appreciated.

When I next rolled by the original dealer they actually did not understand why I would purchase from someone else . .

The other concerns a botched major repair to my car. The aftermarket warranty company and the dealer both refused to consider compensating me for the cost of the repair so we headed off to small claims court where, as you can imagine the defendants were asked to share the $4500 cost.

When I next went to get my oil changed the dealer informed me that they would not have time to service my vehicle.

No problem. I went to Costco and got the same service (oil/filter/tire rotation) there for less than half of what the dealer would have charged. I also infomed the manufacturer's customer service that I WAS about to purchase a new car from them but that the action of their dealer not only cost them the sale to me, but that I would be quite vocal about the experience and it would likely cost them additional sales . . . . they said they'd review the situation at the weekly 'issues' meeting . . . .

The players:

The good:

Quebec small claims court

Costco (Quality basic car service cheap)

Deshaies Motosports (Yammie reseller who sold me my FJR)

The Bad:

M.R. Chicoine (Yammie reseller who used to handle Kawasaki)

des Sources Dodge Chrysler (who serviced my LHS and broke it)

The ugly

PPP Warranty Services (who declined to pay for a covered defect)

I purchased a 2007 FJR last June and I did not get bag liners with it. I contacted the dealer and they said that the bag liners came on '05 and '06 models, but are a $99.95 option on the '07.
I searched every way I could think of, but found no reference.

Is that true?
No I've purchased an new 04 & 07 FJR both came with bagliners.

Just sent a customer survey back to the motions dealer concerning the missing bag liners. After reading some of the replies members have sent I would just like to say if you can't express yourself in a professional manner then you are probably doing more harm than good. Let them know how you feel but don't stoop to their level buy calling them lier's and cheats even if they are. It's better if you give them an out which can then get done what needs to be which is to get our fellow member his bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.