2008 Annual Clan Gathering

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops! Looks like some other chuck wagon cooks are already planning menus, so I'll stand down on Patti's offer. Just as well - knowing my wife, she'll be carrying all the food and be late to the party! :lol:

Yep, some behind the scenes chitchat going on. Stay tuned ! :D

No commitment, but just floating a balloon...
Wife unit said she may be able to prep and bring campfire dinner for one night. :wub:

Marinated tri-tip

Bakers

Cob corn

Beans

Caesar salad

Campfire sides

Smores fixin's

Open to suggestions

Any interest? Everyone will need to chip-in for the food, but she'll fetch, prep and deliver. Lemme know, k?

FOOD!!!

Someone else brings!!

Someone else cooks!!!!!!

All I have to do is pay and eat!!!!!!

I'M IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all I like to take a camping spot. I would also know if anyone would like to hook up with me on the way there. I'm new to cali and come

ing from sacramento.

I would also know if anyone would like to hook up with me on the way there. I'm new to cali and come ing from sacramento.
Terri and I will be riding down Friday morning, stopping in Gilroy at the Black Bear Diner.Black Bear link

Then over to Monterey and down the coast to Morro Bay.

No set times yet, let's see who wants to join in and go from there.

How 'bout it, Niteshine, JB, Silent, and others from points north like Oregon.

Mike

Hey all I like to take a camping spot. I would also know if anyone would like to hook up with me on the way there. I'm new to cali and come ing from sacramento.
There will be a number of us heading South from Sacramento. We've a couple of months to think about "the ride", but no problem meeting up and travelling together.

There will be a number of us heading South from Sacramento. We've a couple of months to think about "the ride", but no problem meeting up and travelling together.
They won't be able to keep up, safely, after we take the Streetmasters class ha ha!

[Will Streetmasters teach me how to balance throttle, clutch, gear, and brake while flying into a sea of brake lights at 70MPH on a dark freeway? Un, private joke. Never mind.... :glare: And not particularly funny.]

Since Highlander was nice enough to set this up, I volunteer to bring the Campground-Motel Shuttle to ferry the uncon-, er SLEEPY, riders back to their wussy roms. Could also double as a golf cart.

motorcycle.jpg

Since Highlander was nice enough to set this up, I volunteer to bring the Campground-Motel Shuttle to ferry the uncon-, er SLEEPY, riders back to their wussy roms. Could also double as a golf cart.

motorcycle.jpg

The problem with that is its a Harley, it might break down or leak oil all over the place.... :lol2: :lol2:

Jdog

It's official! The boss lady for the new job, that I started this morning, says that it should be OK for me to take off that weekend from work. So...... count us in for two people, two bikes and one tent. Was there a decision made about food? We'll gladly chip in if someone is going to arrange REAL food, otherwise it will be MRE's over the camp stove. (And that's from someone who absolutely REFUSED to camp at all, until a few months ago).

Jill

It's official! The boss lady for the new job, that I started this morning, says that it should be OK for me to take off that weekend from work. So...... count us in for two people, two bikes and one tent. Was there a decision made about food? We'll gladly chip in if someone is going to arrange REAL food, otherwise it will be MRE's over the camp stove. (And that's from someone who absolutely REFUSED to camp at all, until a few months ago).
Jill
Good new Boss ! :clapping:

I'll add both of you to the list, and the food is still being discussed via PM's at this point.

The BBQ.

OK, here it is:

Armand (Bigdolma) from Los Angeles, master chef of “Kebobs and Hummus” will be the “featured chef” at the upcoming FJR Campout in Morro Bay on June 6th and 7th.

The BBQ will be on Saturday evening, June 7th around 7:00PM. The bill of fare will be:

- Marinated BEEF in herbs and spices, cooked over a BBQ grill on skewers, brought by motorcycle to the campground.

- Appetizers = Hummus and Pita, also brought by motorcycle, and a local delicacy = smoked Albacore tuna (caught off the coast of Morro Bay if in season) served with crackers and a sour cream and pickled vegetable sauce.

- Additionally, Tabouleh salad!

Armand and I will be saving receipts, and we DO hope to be reimbursed!

The cost for the above BBQ will be 20.00/head (Please RSVP to Khunajawdge by PM for a participant count if you intend to participate in the BBQ?). Highlander will collect $$ at the event!

Note: Neither Armand or I hope to make any profit on this! The cost per person includes lemonade, iced tea, and H20 (but...No alcohol). It does include the cost of table prep i.e.; paper plates and utensils, salt & pepper, salad dressing, ice, garbage bags, and other miscellaneous items, etc. firewood for the BBQ, and the evening fire ring included!

khunajawdge

Yes, Friday night is solo.
Bigdolma IS correct, however there will be a "WELCOME" campfire at the group site on Friday night June 6th! Dinner on that evening, will be your own mistake! :eek:

Here's the RSVP list for the BBQ on Saturday night, June 7, 2008 (only) so far;

Sam = Nightshine (Petaluma) + 1

Brian = tcfjr (Temple City) + 1

Jeff & Germ = Jdog & Gdog (Ventura) + 2

Jill & Andrew = Silver Penguin (Huntington Beach) = 2

Tim = Twowheelnut (Carpinteria) +1

Mike = Madmike2 (El Grove) +1

Dave & Diane = Highlander (Los Gatos) +2

John Wade = Dudewado (Roseburg) Oregon +1

Oh yeah, + a couple of cooks =

Arman = Bigdolma (Los Angeles) +1

George = Khunajawdge (Los Osos) +1

Looks like 13?

we...will be cookin' (after ridin').

on the cheaper side the Sand piper (which seems to be very close) is an Econolodge at $108 a night.LINK

R
Okay....I'm reserved..er...on the reservation...uhm...you know what I mean! So I'm hooked up for sleeping and for barbecue....and we'll be riding. :yahoo:

on the cheaper side the Sand piper (which seems to be very close) is an Econolodge at $108 a night.LINK

R
Okay....I'm reserved..er...on the reservation...uhm...you know what I mean! So I'm hooked up for sleeping and for barbecue....and we'll be riding. :yahoo:
Did you forget how to spell, Mike? I mean, not spell? I mean.... :blink:

Ok,

Just to let you know, the kebobs are marinated beef. The recipe is an old family recipe, plenty of flavors but not too spicy. If anyone is allergic to, onion, parsley, salt, pepper (all types), please let me know.

The Hummus is also a home made recipe, if anyone is allergic to garlic, kammoun, garbanzo beans...there is not much i can do :lol: I need all the ingredients.

armand