2009 FJR1300 info released!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Green would have been better, IMHO....
You mean like this?

TechnoJade.jpg
GAWK - Just spilled my juice. Sir, please step away from the Photochop!

Green can look pretty good when it's darker, like the British Racing Green used in the Triumphs. Still, since Yamaha re-uses colors and doesn't do anything loud for the FJR, I was hoping for the European gold:

2006_fjr1300a_color_desert-metallic_tcm34-86975.jpg

As for the lighter clutch, they probably found some Gen 1 master cylinders to install. My 2007 clutch is still nowhere near as heavy as the one in my Ducati.

Well, this is certainly disappointing. But, I will now shop for a used FJR instead of making a road trip to AL to buy a new one.

Well, this is certainly disappointing. But, I will now shop for a used FJR instead of making a road trip to AL to buy a new one.

I have an 08 for sale!! :clapping: :yahoo:

...almost 5000 views and 144 comments on this non-event?

weird to say the least, what's up with all the flame throwers; hibernating already? :clapping:

All of these posts and all I read was bitching about color...

You missed the HUGE changes

Compare

-TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition (maybe they fixed it?)

-Dual 320mm disc, UBS ABS (Not sure what UBS is - Google says some kind of investment or did you mean ABS)

-282mm disc, UBS ABS

-2009 is now officially a female: Dry weight - Spec Not Available

-Longer wheelbase

I will keep my problem free 2005 thank you very much

'UBS' is Unified Braking System - Yamaha's terminology for their 'linked' brakes. You should have known that.

Last edited by a moderator:
All of these posts and all I read was bitching about color...You missed the HUGE changes

-Dual 320mm disc, UBS ABS (Not sure what UBS is - Google says some kind of investment or did you mean ABS)

-282mm disc, UBS ABS
They must have meant USB ABS, you know, the new kind you can plug into your laptop at the track to check rotor temps. :lol:

For 2009, the FJR1300A receives an updated clutch to reduce lever pressure for rider comfort.
No color change is lame. Musta had a lot of black paint leftover.
------------------------------------------------

Okay...I've only been a member for a few days, but I've been reading this site for a while and have never seen any mention of clutch lever pressure. Is (was) that even an issue...Hello, is anybody out there??? :huh:
And all the time i thought it was carple tunnel from spending so mutch time here on the Forum. :blink:

I hear that one of the new innovations is that you can place an order for the FJR with $500 non-refundable in January...then wait until late September for delivery. It's a new thing called PDP...you'll love it as you watch everybody else riding their motorcycles while waiting for yours. Special.

...oh I'm sorry....flashback....
What drugs have you been taking Wheaton??? :blink:

UBS ==> Unified Braking System. edit: as the Skootster already observed....

What this means is that the brakes are linked ONLY rear-to-front...... that are NOT linked front-to-rear.

Specifically, the front brake lever only activates six of the eight front braking pistons; it does not do DICK with the rear brake. The rear brake pedal activates the rear caliper and the other two pistons on the front right caliper — this is the only "link" between the front and rear brakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the Forum could adopt the 2009 as "In Memorial Black" for lost/fallen Forum members and others that contributed to the progress and success of the FJR.

Sportster

I can't believe Yamaha didn't re-arrange stuff so it wouldn't be so top-heavy, that would be easy, right? They could've at least fixed the faulty side stand. :whistle: