2009 Iron Butt Rally - Official Daily Reports

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suggested to him that he jack off to keep himself occupied
Hmmm, would that advice be considered outside assistance ?
Only if Bemmerdons performed the deed .........
i239137051_34435_7.gif
i239137051_34435_7.gif
i239137051_34435_7.gif

but Hal, you should have ended your remark with "..again"
Unlike you, Sir, I have no previous knowledge of their relationship.... :blink:

How does one find out where the checkpoints are located? Or is this not supposed to be a common knowledge thing?

ibr09checkpoints.jpg
I'm sitting here in O'Hare watching it rain cats and dogs, wishing I could run over to the hotel in St. Charles for the checkpoint tonight. Unfortunately, I'm on my way to San Francisco on business (this is my life :dribble: ).

Looking at the next two legs, I'm hoping there will be some Bonii in the SFO area this weekend, as I'll be laying over there until Sunday. Then again, there could be some serious cross country fun coming up from a Bonii perspective, given the sadistic nature of this event, so there could concievably be some back towards home too. I'll be wishing every rider well from 33,000 feet as I fly out and back.

My wife was watching over my shoulder the other night (as in 2007 when I was lucky enough to have each checkpoint in my backyard), wondering why I was so obsessed with it. I told her quite simply "this is the Superbowl for motorcyclists... and it only happens every OTHER year!" :yahoo:

Ride safe everyone!

I just intercepted Greg Marbach and I think Greg Rice in Hammond, Indiana about an hour and a half ago. They bagged the Dillinger museum shortly before it closed for the day. They both are in great shape and in good spirits, but the weather sucked and the traffic sucked worse. If you are familiar with I 80/94 through northwest Indiana, you know what I mean.

I just intercepted Greg Marbach and I think Greg Rice in Hammond, Indiana about an hour and a half ago. They bagged the Dillinger museum shortly before it closed for the day. They both are in great shape and in good spirits, but the weather sucked and the traffic sucked worse. If you are familiar with I 80/94 through northwest Indiana, you know what I mean.
That gives them less than 60 miles to the checkpoint. I think they're gonna make it.

I wonder what the record is for views of one thread per day, or fastest to peak? We're at almost 10,500 views in 3 days on this thread, thanks to Dale and his play by play. Since there are no blogs or Spot tracks to view, I think we probably have the best view from FJR Forum. :clapping:

Unfortunately, we probably won't hear from WC for a while. He's probably downstairs now getting ready to rip some riders from their bonus points at the scoring table! :D

BTW, I'm posting this from 33,000 feet over Iowa right now. Thank you American Airlines and GoGo WiFi! This technology sh!ts great ain't it! B)

If Dave could convert everyone's good wishes for him into points, he'd be a podium finisher...
Turbo Dave got two mondo periods of sleep... a 7 hour, and a 8-hour. He is well- rested and even had combed hair at the Checkpoint!

Davo has recent made it in.

Getting more info as riders start to stream in...

Terry Neale is in, scored, and well-rested, his FJR has been perfect.

Matt Watkins is in. He is well rested, looking good.

Marbach has finally arrived.

I wonder what the record is for views of one thread per day, or fastest to peak? We're at almost 10,500 views in 3 days on this thread, thanks to Dale and his play by play. Since there are no blogs or Spot tracks to view, I think we probably have the best view from FJR Forum.
Yep, this thread is SMOKIN' HOT!!!!!!! B)

Metrics taken just now: 180 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes. Active Users: 88 guests, 89 members, 3 anonymous members

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what the record is for views of one thread per day, or fastest to peak? We're at almost 10,500 views in 3 days on this thread, thanks to Dale and his play by play. Since there are no blogs or Spot tracks to view, I think we probably have the best view from FJR Forum.
Yep, this thread is SMOKIN' HOT!!!!!!! B)

Metrics taken just now: 180 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes. Active Users: 88 guests, 89 members, 3 anonymous members
And one user at 32,000 feet over Utah right now !!!

Go Skoot and Iggy! :yahoo: