2011 Hooterville 400

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I'll bring the V-Strom and show smitty how to REALLY ride.....

or maybe I'll just hang back and kinda watch....

way back. :glare:

Maybe I'll bring the V-Strom and show smitty how to REALLY ride.....

or maybe I'll just hang back and kinda watch....

way back. :glare:
Kinda like chasing Petey............................the tail lights just keep getting smaller and smaller and...........

I bet the eyes of your gran son are still big!

Maybe get to ride a few roads and meet others.....
Wrong Carl there Eric. That was Airboss/Karl that gave the scooter to his grandson.

BTW, riding a few roads (400 miles or so) and meeting others is what Hooterville is all about. :clapping:

I bet the eyes of your gran son are still big!

Maybe get to ride a few roads and meet others.....
Wrong Carl there Eric. That was Airboss/Karl that gave the scooter to his grandson.

BTW, riding a few roads (400 miles or so) and meeting others is what Hooterville is all about. :clapping:
Thanks for the catch Mark.... This Carl had the bug-eyed machine... and probably still an ol' man... That the one?

Yes, the roads are nice, and meeting others is the icing on the cake.

Sorry for the mix up Karl/Carl...

This Carl had the bug-eyed machine... and probably still an ol' man... That the one?
Hey, those "bug eyes" :dribble: are great for clearly seeing behind me, like when you're about to run my ass over :lol:

Bug eyed or not, anyone that rides down in Hooterville is gonna need all three eyes glued and scanning, as we are riding out in the sticks with some occasional surprising curves/turns.

If we end up with as many riders as there appears to be coming, we may set off in a couple different flights.

Remember that this is not a group ride...but an individual ride..where others are present. Ride like there is nobody around you to help in the middle of BFE, and you should do fine.

I will have S&T files for those that want them, sometime in September or earlier...

I will also make a turnsheet if anybody raises their hand and says "I want one.".

This Carl had the bug-eyed machine... and probably still an ol' man... That the one?
Hey, those "bug eyes" :dribble: are great for clearly seeing behind me, like when you're about to run my ass over :lol:
Not me!
You never got the chance. I was never in front of you last weekend, allways behind :D
We all stayed behind the blue one! I thought once you grabbed 2nd spot near the end....

Not me!
You never got the chance. I was never in front of you last weekend, allways behind :D
We all stayed behind the blue one! I thought once you grabbed 2nd spot near the end....

My good friend Mike Mehaffy (mehaffydr) won't make it to the ride. He was in a accident last Saturday. He had some heavy shelving fall on him. He is still in the hospital but will get out on Thursday morning. No riding for a few months. Looks like I might be riding his/my/his old CBR 1000rr. :eek: Will try to get him down for the cook out. Hard hit to the head, and some upper body injurys. He will be fine with some time.

He road almost 15,000 miles to and from the IBR with only a bent front wheel. A weekend at a building he owns, and was crushed under some heavy shelving.

Life is a bitch some times...

Get well my friend, Smitty

I'll be in on this under 1 condition. If my bent wheels are not repaired I will ride my CBR1000RR

CBR1000rr001.jpg

Will you guys ride with a Honda?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Smitty for offering up the Saturday night get together. Looking forward to meeting and riding with ya'll. Sorry to hear about Mehaffey's unfortunate incident, hope healing comes quickly.

If anyone would care to share a room those two nights in Bonne Terre, PM me. The snoring ain't too bad, if need be, I can always sleep with my helmet on.

Mark

Pencil me in also, please... Won't know for a bit...

Scott

Last edited by a moderator: