2013 FJR - Product announced!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, just got an email from my not so local preferred Yami dealer with an invite to depart with a pile of money before they wheel the 2013 out on the floor tomorrow. So, change of plans tomorrow. I'm going to go out and have a look.

If the VIN is below #25 it'll be costly, but worth it just to get that Englishmen to shut the **** up :D

Their might be a fire sale on a shit load of Gen 1 farkles.

Hey, just got an email from my not so local preferred Yami dealer with an invite to depart with a pile of money before they wheel the 2013 out on the floor tomorrow. So, change of plans tomorrow. I'm going to go out and have a look.

If the VIN is below #25 it'll be costly, but worth it just to get that Englishmen to shut the **** up :D

DIBS ON THE SMUGGLER!!!!!

Stopped by the dealer and checked out Shewstring's new ride, looks nice!

The bike sure looks better in person than I expected.

Well I cruised into our local dealer today to pick up a new pair of Alpinestar Scout Touring boots, and there it was a brand new 2013 FJR. I really wasn't expecting to see one for months. it was VIN# 0000000014 had a real close look at it. Very nice updating of the faring and lighting. The cruise control is very nice, the traction control and two riding modes are also cool. But I am going to wait for the 2014, that will have the inverted forks and electronically adjustable suspension like the AE in Europe. I do like the the upgrading, but they missed the mark in North America by not giving us the bike that would have converted so many. My '04 is just going to have to roll through 125,000 this year to the point they will give me nothing on a trade in, and I will push it another year of blissful riding. Those younger pimped up models will always be desirable, but this ride owes me nothing, and it continues to amaze me with its power and comfort and great looks. :yahoo:

# 14 was my basketball number through high school and university, so to see that number come up today, seriously spoke to me, but popping $17,500.oo before taxes just doesn't work for me. And with the Canadian dollar riding higher that the US dollar, might just go down to Skagit Motosports and pick up that one. OH, the decisions that life hands out. :dribble:

Never know, the 12 might only have 10000 by the time she is done, I might need to reclaim as an alternating week bike. If you ever get up north, give me a shout for a ride

The wife has been riding my 2012 FJR on our last several excursions and loving it. She has (had) a 2009 Yama 950 Tourer. Traded hers in a 2013 FJR today. I will have to pain myself and give her the 12 so I'll soldier with the 13 :p The 2013 is Serial #65. Got her in Oshkosh WI. Thanks to all you guys here posting the beautiful pictures of your 13s, I had to devise a plan...it worked. Hoping we can squeeze out a few more 50 degree days in WI before the white stuff shows itself for the next 5 months :eek: Pictures will be coming once I pick it up on Monday.

CONGRATS!!! :clapping:

Consider me jealous down here in Illinois.

I'll be lookin' for a nice lightly used 2012 in three years, tell her not to ride it too much. :D

Well I cruised into our local dealer today to pick up a new pair of Alpinestar Scout Touring boots, and there it was a brand new 2013 FJR. I really wasn't expecting to see one for months. it was VIN# 0000000014 had a real close look at it. Very nice updating of the faring and lighting. The cruise control is very nice, the traction control and two riding modes are also cool. But I am going to wait for the 2014, that will have the inverted forks and electronically adjustable suspension like the AE in Europe. I do like the the upgrading, but they missed the mark in North America by not giving us the bike that would have converted so many. My '04 is just going to have to roll through 125,000 this year to the point they will give me nothing on a trade in, and I will push it another year of blissful riding. Those younger pimped up models will always be desirable, but this ride owes me nothing, and it continues to amaze me with its power and comfort and great looks. :yahoo:

# 14 was my basketball number through high school and university, so to see that number come up today, seriously spoke to me, but popping $17,500.oo before taxes just doesn't work for me. And with the Canadian dollar riding higher that the US dollar, might just go down to Skagit Motosports and pick up that one. OH, the decisions that life hands out. :dribble:
Yep - and it's going to be metallic red next year too John! Maybe we can work a deal on a pair of em?

But dude you are in Canada, WTF the numbers up there start in the 200's......

R

But dude you are in Canada, WTF the numbers up there start in the 200's......
See rocketdocs post above. #14.

I'm heading out to go see it in about an hour or so. I'll make a special note of the VIN regardless.

Speaking of rocketdoc's post. He hit the nail right on the head as I feel exactly the same about my 04 and I'm in exactly the same boat. With 100,000 miles on it, it's basically worthless and still running like a clock - not much reason to spring for the 13 other than I want it :D

Hey...maybe I can get a few Illinois riders interested in coming up north and ride SW WI...riding the area west of the Dells, east of the Mississippi, north of Dodgeville, and south of Arcadia. Maybe make it a Sat/Sun ride...then we get to see your 2012 AND your 2013!

Keep a watch on the midwest section of the board or send me a PM when things warm up enough for you guys to ride a weekend ride.

Never know, the 12 might only have 10000 by the time she is done, I might need to reclaim as an alternating week bike. If you ever get up north, give me a shout for a ride

The wife has been riding my 2012 FJR on our last several excursions and loving it. She has (had) a 2009 Yama 950 Tourer. Traded hers in a 2013 FJR today. I will have to pain myself and give her the 12 so I'll soldier with the 13 :p The 2013 is Serial #65. Got her in Oshkosh WI. Thanks to all you guys here posting the beautiful pictures of your 13s, I had to devise a plan...it worked. Hoping we can squeeze out a few more 50 degree days in WI before the white stuff shows itself for the next 5 months :eek: Pictures will be coming once I pick it up on Monday.

CONGRATS!!! :clapping:

Consider me jealous down here in Illinois.

I'll be lookin' for a nice lightly used 2012 in three years, tell her not to ride it too much. :D

......But I am going to wait for the 2014, that will have the inverted forks and electronically adjustable suspension like the AE in Europe. I do like the the upgrading, but they missed the mark in North America by not giving us the bike that would have converted so many....
I sure agree on the inverted forks but have mixed feelings about the electronically adjustable suspension since what I have test rode (to date) from BMW and Ducati has not been as good as what I already have. However, when Yamaha is claiming that the new non-adjustable left fork is an improvement, it makes me wonder if inverted forks are in the FJR's future. Motorcycle-usa.com just published their first test of the 2013 FJR and they did not seem to be very impressed with the new forks.