2014 ES - It's a garage queen for now :-(

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the new ride Tanker!

Have you heard anything concerning delivery from your dealer yet? I know you already brought them the 03' a while ago.
Stopped in last Saturday, was told sometime in December, no real hurry to get it at this time.

Picked up a '14 Ski Doo ACE900 GSX so that should keep me occupied for a while during the winter.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the moment I'm down to two Ski Doos. An XR1200 Renegade and my wifes 600 etec TNT.

I just sold (3) other sleds in the last year or two since all my kids are out-of-state in college. They can buy there own next time. I've had a number of Polaris' also. No Artic Cats yet, but you never know.

These are the sleds that will help me make it through winter.

My wife on her Scooby Doo Mystery Machine. LOL She picked out quite the wrap for me to put on that TNT of hers.

I like it up north, in fact like it most places I go to - not sure I could do the cold/sleet thing, but if I could would definitely have one of these to help get me through it!

But in the meantime, the next cold snap we have here in beautiful Mims I'm thinkin' to head for the Keys and have a cold one at a proper tiki bar......

At the moment I'm down to two Ski Doos. An XR1200 Renegade and my wifes 600 etec TNT.

I just sold (3) other sleds in the last year or two since all my kids are out-of-state in college. They can buy there own next time. I've had a number of Polaris' also. No Artic Cats yet, but you never know.

These are the sleds that will help me make it through winter.

My wife on her Scooby Doo Mystery Machine. LOL She picked out quite the wrap for me to put on that TNT of hers.

I like it up north, in fact like it most places I go to - not sure I could do the cold/sleet thing, but if I could would definitely have one of these to help get me through it!

But in the meantime, the next cold snap we have here in beautiful Mims I'm thinkin' to head for the Keys and have a cold one at a proper tiki bar......
Hitting a Tiki Bar in the Keys sounds good to me!!

Congrats on the new ride Tanker!
Have you heard anything concerning delivery from your dealer yet? I know you already brought them the 03' a while ago.
Stopped in last Saturday, was told sometime in December, no real hurry to get it at this time.

Picked up a '14 Ski Doo ACE900 GSX so that should keep me occupied for a while during the winter.

That new 900Ace looks to be a hoot from 0 to 80mph. I'm looking forward to hearing reviews on them as the miles rack up this winter. I hope you get a ton of miles on it this winter.

No snow up dere eh?When was that picture taken? August?
Actually the picture is from this past Monday, Dec.3rd, we only had about an inch of snow here then it rained, right now it is about 4* F, no snow on the ground here...yet.

Tanker, yes, should be a great trail sled, demo'd a prototype this past Spring and was "sold" on it.

Temps in the mid 80's and sunny today here in Spring Hill. Ya really need to reconsider WHERE ya live??
Gary

darksider #44
1474411_10200806035256539_1967738424_n.jpg

Oh... congrats on the bike too! I'll definitely be able to spot you on it if I see you around next season!
Winter was always good for keeping the riffraff (Southerners) out but the great ND economy has lured them in.
smile.png

I had to have the new 14ES (#13) delivered to the house by the dealer since we are in the middle of a winter storm warning here in MN.
I love all the changes that have been made from 02' to 14'. I'm feeling pretty spoiled now.
punk.gif

Sure was tough to see my trusty 03' loaded up in the dealer trailer and down the street.
uhoh.gif

Let the farkling begin!

Damn it! Enough with the red FJR pictures! Yamaha dealer is right around the corner, I wonder how painful it would be to trade up one year to get red and a fixed cruise control.

Anybody in the market for a 13 with under 6500 miles and new PR2s?

Since no one's asked yet, what farkles are going on it first? I love the red color! Can't wait to see one in person.
This is the first farkle. Moved from the 03'.

I have a few things to add this weekend, if I decide to heat the garage up. -10F this morning. Brrr....

How did you get that friggin thing off. I have 1 on my bike. Over the years the vibration of the bike has allowed it to turn. I remember when putting it on how tight it was... so, I decided not try moving it to normal position.

Damn it! Enough with the red FJR pictures! Yamaha dealer is right around the corner, I wonder how painful it would be to trade up one year to get red and a fixed cruise control.

resist the urge Kevin... unless you don't need to... then go ahead!

Since no one's asked yet, what farkles are going on it first? I love the red color! Can't wait to see one in person.
This is the first farkle. Moved from the 03'.

I have a few things to add this weekend, if I decide to heat the garage up. -10F this morning. Brrr....

How did you get that friggin thing off. I have 1 on my bike. Over the years the vibration of the bike has allowed it to turn. I remember when putting it on how tight it was... so, I decided not try moving it to normal position.
Mine was tight too, but it came off after a bit of coaxing with a cotter pin puller.

I thought I'd send out an update on the "Garage Queen" before I take off the panels and start the electrical farkling.

I've only got .2 miles on her while sitting on the center stand for the last 3 months. On the plus side I've got almost 4k more on the snowmobile.

I apologize for the poor pictures, but I don't even want to step out into the frozen tundra with her right now.

Here's what has been done during the long winter slumber, so far...

Cee Baileys +1"H x +2"W - Dark Sport Shield, I also have the stock and a +5"Hx +3"W in Clear for the cold days.

Helmet Locks / Canyon Cages / Exhaust Shield / Tank Slapper Paint Protection

RDL Seat / ThrottleMeister / Tank Bag

Hydration System / Swing Arm Nut Cover / Canyon Cages

MCL Bar riser / Ram-Bone with waterproof IPhone 4 Case / Knock-off levers

A view of the rear...
rolleyes.gif

Cox Radiator Guard / Fender Extender

I had to have the new 14ES (#13) delivered to the house by the dealer since we are in the middle of a winter storm warning here in MN.
I love all the changes that have been made from 02' to 14'. I'm feeling pretty spoiled now.
punk.gif

Sure was tough to see my trusty 03' loaded up in the dealer trailer and down the street.
uhoh.gif

Let the farkling begin!

I'll give you $7k for it right now.

Seriously.

Your FJR is looking good, nice fridge wrap too!

4k miles on the sled? That's wild, I've managed to put almost 2k on my 900, best sled I've owned.

Your FJR is looking good, nice fridge wrap too!
4k miles on the sled? That's wild, I've managed to put almost 2k on my 900, best sled I've owned.
Thanks, I've been having fun with the farkling so far. More to come...

Yes, I've got over 12k miles on my 2011 XR1200 Renegade. Best trail machine I've owned to date.

Have you done any write ups on your time with the 900 this season that I can review?

punk.gif

uhoh.gif

Let the farkling begin!

I'll give you $7k for it right now.

Seriously.
Make it $11,500 Wheaty and we can talk. Seriously, your going to need something newer in SC with all those great roads you lucky bum.