Any rumor on the 2016...?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at least you eventually smartened up. I see your riding one now. Think of all the lost enjoyable smiles you miss early on.

Well at least you eventually smartened up. I see your riding one now. Think of all the lost enjoyable smiles you miss early on.
Oh, I did for sure. It really didn't take long for Yamaha to get a grip on reality as far as a realistic sales posture, but I just waited for the Gen III to arrive.

Dan

If this thread was renamed from " Any rumor on the color for 2016...?" to something like "2016 FJR speculation" it might prevent new threads from being created on this subject, but I guess that would have it's own set of problems.

JS.........running and hiding

Hey at least we are getting some revisions each year. The ST1300 still shows on Honda's site as a 2012 model for $18,200 plus delivery fees. No updates for 4 years.

I think the delay is a good thing. Might result in actual mechanical changes.

Hey at least we are getting some revisions each year. The ST1300 still shows on Honda's site as a 2012 model for $18,200 plus delivery fees. No updates for 4 years.
With my Gen 3...I am NOT about the mechanical changes. But if everybody else think it needs it.....

I guess I know a good thing when I ride it. Improving the FJR is fine...jes don't fook it up...or stop producing it.

With my Gen 3...I am NOT about the mechanical changes. But if everybody else think it needs it.....

I guess I know a good thing when I ride it. Improving the FJR is fine...jes don't fook it up...or stop producing it.
So how's that 80MPH limiter on the cruise control working out for ya? I would say that's fooking it up NO?

angel.gif

Edit: I better get out in the shop before I get in trouble.
bye.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
So how's that 80MPH limiter on the cruise control working out for ya? I would say that's fooking it up NO?

angel.gif

bye.gif
That's an easy fix. Swap in the ECU from a '14 or '15 and you're golden! Just tested that myself this morning and almost had perma-grin. Brought her up to 85, set cruise, and she held. Hit the accel button and took it up to 97 before traffic forced me to cancel it. The local motorcycle scrapyard didn't have any, so I had to get it from the dealer, but they matched Partzilla's price. Other than a revision on the mirrors for better placement and coverage (a la FZ1), and maybe a 6th gear (without changing the current 1-5) for long haul superslab economy, I can't think of any mechanical updates the Gen IIIs really need.

Well, a self-cancelling turn signal would be nice, but I can live without for now.

Hey at least we are getting some revisions each year. The ST1300 still shows on Honda's site as a 2012 model for $18,200 plus delivery fees. No updates for 4 years. I think the delay is a good thing. Might result in actual mechanical changes.
With my Gen 3...I am NOT about the mechanical changes. But if everybody else think it needs it.....I guess I know a good thing when I ride it. Improving the FJR is fine...jes don't fook it up...or stop producing it.
So how's that 80MPH limiter on the cruise control working out for ya? I would say that's fooking it up NO? :angel: Edit: I better get out in the shop before I get in trouble. :bye:
What if I told you I never use the cruise control? My cali trip was on a bike with nary a throttle lock. So no, it's not fukked up for me, you evidently though. I have used it with no problems now that I have it. So again, no mechanical issues for me...just don't need anything done.

Just keep producing it as long as it's not in gay purply blue.

Hey at least we are getting some revisions each year. The ST1300 still shows on Honda's site as a 2012 model for $18,200 plus delivery fees. No updates for 4 years. I think the delay is a good thing. Might result in actual mechanical changes.
With my Gen 3...I am NOT about the mechanical changes. But if everybody else think it needs it.....I guess I know a good thing when I ride it. Improving the FJR is fine...jes don't fook it up...or stop producing it.
angel.gif
bye.gif
What if I told you I never use the cruise control? My cali trip was on a bike with nary a throttle lock. So no, it's not fukked up for me, you evidently though. I have used it with no problems now that I have it. So again, no mechanical issues for me...just don't need anything done.

I use my CC quite often but have not ever used it above 78mph. The '15 has been much faster than that but so far I could have easily lived with the limit imposed by the '13 CC.

Cramp buster is all I ever used on my old POS 2008. When slabbing it I run mid to high 80's. When I did my trip to upper northern Maine I was cruising a low to mid 90's. So I would say MaMa Yamaha can make mistakes and should have known better. They somewhat corrected there error already in the later years.

Dave

angel.gif
bye.gif

Oh, Now I'm getting one for sure...
Yamaha has listened! ;)

FJR_Gen3_hotpink_zpsj6ugdyhd.jpg

angel.gif
bye.gif

Oh, Now I'm getting one for sure...
Yamaha has listened!
wink.png

FJR_Gen3_hotpink_zpsj6ugdyhd.jpg
Ordering my Pink RDL now!!

I would like top loading bags like my S10. Easy in and out for daily use. Self canceling turn signals, side stand that locks like Harley has used for 20 years. Cylinder deactivation because most of the time we are using 40hp. Top over protection. Additional amperage for heated gear.

I think there are many small things they could tweak, and keep costs down. I would rather have a direct injected variable valve train like GM is going towards than things like traction control on a 600lb street pounder.

The traction control on the S10 is great, but only nice when pushing around on wet leaves and pine needles off road.

I guess we all want something different. I like the traction control. I personally enjoy seeing that flickering yellow/orange light at the bottom edge of my visor that lets me know the rear Michelin has all it can take. I cannot look down to read the light but I know what it is and what it means.

After many years of riding very good motorcycles, the Gen 3 is a GREAT motorcycle. If they make improvements and sell more FJRs I am fine with that. I just don't see myself "upgrading" any time soon.

^^^^ What he said. Sixth gear for superslab economy just means higher mph to others, but optional "cylinder off" switch might accomplish the 80 mph max mileage goal just as well.

My opinion: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'm in the camp that they will leave things alone with the upgrades they have already made for the Gen 3 Model here.....

I'd bet they offer a new color and that's all you'll get, they were quite slow in getting all the upgrades they offer up to now.....

Gen 1 lasted 3 years, then Gen 2 with minor tweaks running 6-7 years.....

I like that its not a BMW with new shit every year.... .

Solidify the platform and leave it alone - get it reliable and leave it alone.

I use my CC quite often but have not ever used it above 78mph. The '15 has been much faster than that but so far I could have easily lived with the limit imposed by the '13 CC.
I tested my crappy old AVCC analog cruise control significantly over 100 on my seriously deficient Gen 2 and it did just fine
smile.png
. (On a track of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.