Any rumor on the 2016...?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what's even more fun than a new model coming out with enhancements that everybody wants?... hearing everybody bitch about the additional costs incurred for these goodies.

So this is "Phase 1"... the fun & exciting part!, kinda like Xmas morning when you were a kid.

"Phase 2"... Is more like the Parent paying off the Credit Card Bills from that Xmas.

Life is good, keep the fun rolling
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what's even more fun than a new model coming out with enhancements that everybody wants?... hearing everybody bitch about the additional costs incurred for these goodies.
Color alone isn't going to make me buy one.
smile.png

Then again, I can't think of anything feature-wise I would want that the Gen 3 doesn't have. I'll go with practicality. Removeable side case lids.

My money's on blue as far as color goes. But maybe another color they haven't tried.

1500cc V-twin (from VStar bike) with ape hangers. Fairing drastically reduced, but still providing a sunshield and wind protection for hands up high. Paint job incorporates flames streaming from behind FJR1500 logo, and maybe skulls. Sidecases replaced with leather saddlebags.

Their marketing staff finally learned how to sell a million bikes in the USA.

1500cc V-twin (from VStar bike) with ape hangers. Fairing drastically reduced, but still providing a sunshield and wind protection for hands up high. Paint job incorporates flames streaming from behind FJR1500 logo, and maybe skulls. Sidecases replaced with leather saddlebags.
And LOUD pipes...
pirate.gif

A little bird told me the 2016 FJR will be an "All New Model" to be released later this year.
How's that for a teaser?
I'd be getting all excited if I didn't know the source of this information
wink.png

GREG!!!!
You are feeding crack to the bears.

What?! Me?! I'm an angel!!!!!
innocent.gif
hypocritesmiley.png
whistle.gif

I don't know. This could be a not-so-elaborate plan to f*** with some peeps. Would I do that? Or.............. Perhaps if you are in the market for a brand new FJR you just might want to wait a bit longer.
wink.png

I just heard, from a VERY reliable source, that SkooterG is no longer affiliated in any manner to Yamaha, and is now working for Honda, and is pissed so he is just spreading rumors to stir the pot. I hear he will be riding a Ruckus® from here on out!
t.
2009-honda-ruckus-scooter_zpsiijrkvki.jpg

Ruckus????? Ruckus?????

Do you really think that low of me?

GROM baby, GROM!!!!!

honda-grom-action.jpg

2014-Honda-Grom-jump.jpg

honda-grom-chihuahua_large.jpg

A little bird told me the 2016 FJR will be an "All New Model" to be released later this year.
How's that for a teaser?
I am trying to find the right word... I think the word is hate. Yeah, I hate you.

Hate???

That word is so..... plebeian. Surely you could have done better my dull-witted friend. Perhaps despise? Abhor? Detest? Use that limited imagination of yours. You know, that same limited imagination that allows you to love the most putrid color of FJR to ever grace a ribbon of asphalt.
puke.gif

Yes! I do like that GROM. If I were a hundred pounds lighter and several inches shorter I'd have one of those.

How's that for a teaser?
I am trying to find the right word... I think the word is hate. Yeah, I hate you.

Hate???

That word is so..... plebeian. Surely you could have done better my dull-witted friend. Perhaps despise? Abhor? Detest? Use that limited imagination of yours. You know, that same limited imagination that allows you to love the most putrid color of FJR to ever grace a ribbon of asphalt.
puke.gif
Remember that I know you. I was reluctant to use big words that would be a strain on your limited vocabulary.
smile.png

If I had feelings (I don't) they might be hurt by you insulting the color of my awesome 2015 Liquid Graphite FJR ES. Since I know that it is simple jealousy that is driving your insults I will do my best to ignore your taunting. I will tell you that I keep the reflectors on the back of my saddlebags clean and shiny since that is the only part of the vastly superior 2015 FJR you are likely to see.

And LOUD pipes...
pirate.gif
Finally two Guys that know what they are talking about, Good Work Men! JSNS, Blarney!

WTF Yamaha?! C'mon already!!
Ommm Ommm
meditation.jpg
Ommm Ommm

As one of the victims of Yamaha's PDP program where there were no FJRs on dealers floors, sight unseen had to put down a nonrefundable $500 deposit and then wait 6 months or more for my FJR to be delivered I find this little tease by Yamaha to be a small matter. Ya, sure...... It isn't like I'm ready to buy a new FJR and now I have to wait and see what's up with what the 'little birdie' had to say. Just a new color isn't a big deal, but there is a huge possibility that an entirely new FJR may not be to my liking at all. Then there is that first year of a new model where little things like tight valve stem seals pop up, then the next year FJR gets ABS that wasn't available on the first year (USA FJRs anyway). It isn't like Yamaha was building out all the parts for the current design to make room for an all new FJR. Things like leaving out fenders, mud flaps, trim pieces and hardware on the Gen 3
laugh.png

The reason it is being delayed it because they have to develop a harder paint and they still haven't found out what the ghost knocks are yet.

I am bad, eh

Dave

If I were in charge of making $ at Yamaha this is how the Gen IV would shape up.

Take a Super Tenere ES. Swap the wheels to 17" alloy front and rear.

Add a larger fairing.

Retune and shorten the suspension.

New rear sub frame that accepts the current FJR/FJ09 bags.

Slight retune of engine for highway touring.

New exhaust system.

Now you can probably build it on the same assy line as the Tenere and shut down the FJR assy line.

More return on the investment made in developing the 1200 Tenere drive train.

reduces number of parts you need to stock.

Looks good on the accountants sheet.

You still probably have the best shaft drive sport tourer on the market.

WTF Yamaha?! C'mon already!!
Ommm Ommm
meditation.jpg
Ommm Ommm

As one of the victims of Yamaha's PDP program where there were no FJRs on dealers floors, sight unseen had to put down a nonrefundable $500 deposit and then wait 6 months or more for my FJR to be delivered I find this little tease by Yamaha to be a small matter. Ya, sure...... It isn't like I'm ready to buy a new FJR and now I have to wait and see what's up with what the 'little birdie' had to say. Just a new color isn't a big deal, but there is a huge possibility that an entirely new FJR may not be to my liking at all. Then there is that first year of a new model where little things like tight valve stem seals pop up, then the next year FJR gets ABS that wasn't available on the first year (USA FJRs anyway). It isn't like Yamaha was building out all the parts for the current design to make room for an all new FJR. Things like leaving out fenders, mud flaps, trim pieces and hardware on the Gen 3
laugh.png

Yeah... Thanks for that.

hqdefault.jpg

If I were in charge of making $ at Yamaha this is how the Gen IV would shape up.

Add a larger fairing.

New exhaust system.

Now you can probably build it on the same assy line as the Tenere and shut down the FJR assy line.

If Yamaha did that, I'd just buy a BMW.

Add a larger fairing.

New exhaust system.

If Yamaha did that, I'd just buy a BMW.
Yeah, AJ...just what the world needs...a gutless 2 cylinder FJR that was overweight before they added 17" alloys, larger fairings, FJRish subframe and new exhaust system.

YUCK!! No thanks!!

As one of the victims of Yamaha's PDP program where there were no FJRs on dealers floors, sight unseen had to put down a nonrefundable $500 deposit and then wait 6 months or more for my FJR to be delivered I find this little tease by Yamaha to be a small matter.
And this stupid program was the single biggest reason I would have nothing to do with the FJR when it first came out in the US. The heck with Yamaha, I didn't care how great the bike was, if they were going to stick their nose in the air like this, I'll go somewhere else (and I did).

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.