Any rumor on the 2016...?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is official. The 2016 will be a tribute bike that is painted to honor Bustanut Joker. During one of his recent hospital forays a sample swath of skin off his butt was taken for use in paint development. The 2016 FJR will be "Bust Your Butt" Pink!!!!
While I would not want anyone to think I had actually seen that particular butt, there are enough pictures on this forum of Barry that we can assume... I am thinking you are incorrect. It would be too expensive to mass produce a paint job that was pink, had wrinkles, blue varicose veins, hair, and green tattoo ink. Depending on which cheek the sample was taken from of course. Each side has a different tattoo. One side says, "I LOVE beemerdons", the other says, "HotRodZilla was here!" And of course there is that little mole low down on the left...

Uh, maybe I gave too much away there.
uhoh.gif

I do honestly get the anticipation for this every year. I get excited about it even though I am not in the market for a new bike. Of course I was not actually in the market for a new bike when I took that Yamaha Demo Ride on the 2014 ES and look how much that wound up costing me!

I do honestly get the anticipation for this every year. I get excited about it even though I am not in the market for a new bike. Of course I was not actually in the market for a new bike when I took that Yamaha Demo Ride on the 2014 ES and look how much that wound up costing me!
I am in the market for a new bike. It worries me that Skooter might actually be right and this year will offer an ALL NEW FJR. I can't stop envisioning a 90 hp three cylinder engine with one mega-titanic muffler, fuglyfied with 'edgy' sharp body lines and contrasting round lights all wrapped in often repeated silver or blue paint that I have grown tired of over the last 13 years for $10k more than last year's FJR
laugh.png
I'm hedging my bets by watching for '14 ES deals and I have seen several zero mile bikes at good prices. I'm trying to sort out the tax implications of buying out of state and returning to tax free NH. Here is to hoping that Yamaha remembers that the FJR is still a flagship bike and treats updates with dignity and respect. Heaven knows us old guys just can't accept wild changes and advancements the way the young whippersnappers can
wink.png
Picking up the receiver on my rotary dial phone and calling that dealer with the ES right now....

You don’t pay the motorcycle/auto sales tax in the state where you buy the motorcycle, you pay the motorcycle sales tax in the state where you register it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there is one thing I have to give credit to Harley Davidson for it's the fact they offer multiple color choices each year. I understand Yamaha doesn't build nearly the volume of FJRs that HD builds just in Sportsters but having a choice would be very cool.

If there is one thing I have to give credit to Harley Davidson for it's the fact they offer multiple color choices each year. I understand Yamaha doesn't build nearly the volume of FJRs that HD builds just in Sportsters but having a choice would be very cool.
On their less expensive FZ's they almost always offer a choice of 2 colors.

I bought a $6000 Kawasaki last year and had a choice of 3 colors. Their C14 had 2 color choices.

I saw the new 2015 at EOM. I don't care what anyone says it is a real nice color and I wouldn't mind owning one. Who will be the first one to find all the faults in the new Gen4 I wonder.

Dave

I saw the new 2015 at EOM. I don't care what anyone says it is a real nice color and I wouldn't mind owning one. Who will be the first one to find all the faults in the new Gen4 I wonder.
Dave

This board!! Often times the most educated can be the most critical.

Won't be a Gen4 for 2016. The Gen3's haven't been out long enough, and Momma Yama seems to polish her existing FJRs for a few years. (Gen1 = 4 years, Gen2 = 7 years) If the global economy were busting holes in the roof, then maybe; but my guess is a few subtle refinements and another gentrified color suitable for the suburbs.

Fifteenth anniversary is 2018, so maybe Gen4 by then in Kenny Roberts yellow and black livery.

Or maybe SkooterG isn't blowing smoke and the Gen4's will come with built-in nitrous systems.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="stealth1" data-cid="1263290" data-time="1444156283"><p>

I noticed no 2016 FZ-1 model either.<br />

I'm guessing there won't be one.<br />

Too close to the FZ-09 I guess.</p></blockquote>

If they come out with a crossplane FZ1 with nice updates I'm afraid the old Ducati Superbike will have to move out to make room.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="stealth1" data-cid="1263290" data-time="1444156283"><p>I noticed no 2016 FZ-1 model either.<br />

I'm guessing there won't be one.<br />

Too close to the FZ-09 I guess.</p></blockquote>

If they come out with a crossplane FZ1 with nice updates I'm afraid the old Ducati Superbike will have to move out to make room.
They did come out with a "street" version of the R1.

The YZF-R1S available in Feb.

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport/models/yzf-r1s

A random scooter rider stopped me in a parking lot and told me they would announce a special Ironbutt version that comes with aux fuel tank, RDL, Clearwaters, dash, and even painted in bug splatter. Including the windscreen.

.... with rashed right-side hardcase labeled "Guru Road, Gerlach, NV"

All New 2016 FJR...hmmmm...I think we may be in for the 1400cc 6-speed version with a styling tweak in addition to all of the existing goodies...maybe self-cancelling turn signals thrown in for good measure.

...maybe self-cancelling turn signals thrown in for good measure.
Since this is the first year this feature is being offered I would guess that the blinkers won't self cancel over 5 mph. You will have to wait for the next year's model to get blinkers that cancel at higher speeds ;)

When I get to the point I can't operate my blinkers anymore it's time to sell the bike and pick up knitting pot holders while sitting in the rocking chair.

Just me I guess,

Dave

In the unlikely event they've done a clean sheet redesign, I'm betting the Gen 4 has a north of 1300CC triple (1500cc?) with an unnecessary 6th gear. I'm sure they'll keep it a shaftie.

Let's hope it still runs on is designed for 87 octane.

Status
Not open for further replies.