Any rumor on the 2016...?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prices should drop quickly on the remaining new orphans...parts availability will be ok for a few years. A spare CCT and a few gasket sets should handle most of us. Used bike prices should drop pretty quickly relative to new.

On Yamaha's website there is no 2016 FZ-1 listed. Could this mean a FZ-10 (with cruise, traction control and R1 motor) is on the way?

I'm not quite sure where it has been stated that Yamaha has dropped the FJR? Not everything is announced at once and why would they make a big fanfare about whatever color they are offering for 2006? Although I am a bit surprised that if color is the only difference, why wasn't it revealed with the rest of the pack back in October?

Prices should drop quickly on the remaining new orphans...parts availability will be ok for a few years. A spare CCT and a few gasket sets should handle most of us. Used bike prices should drop pretty quickly relative to new.

Are you kidding? They are a collector's item now. Prices will SKYROCKET!!!!!

For example, that POS 2013 model you own just went up in value at least $50!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, when I saw the MT-10 I immediately thought bye bye FZ1, Hello! FZ-10.

After a little time for this to sink in, perhaps the FJR is not gone, but just on hiatus. I have seen many, many new 2014 and 2015's still available at the dealerships. Perhaps the mothership over-produced for a couple of years and will "suspend" production much in the same way they "suspended" VMax production in 1987. It returned in 1998 after the supply had been moped up. With the number of new and updated bikes presented today and previously it may be a wise move for them as it gives them a year to give full attention to FJR for its return. Fingers are crossed!!!

My FJR is my all time favorite bike. So much I have considered a new one. Then I saw the FJ-09. Hmmm...... This depends on what color the new FJR is. Yamaha will get a sale either way. The sooner the better. New FJR would be nice. But if I buy an FJ-09, I will have increased the herd.

This ain't no FJR...but probably lots of fun

15_MT-10.jpg

Is that a second radiator (oil cooler) right behind the front tire? I give it a ten minute lifetime on a gravel road.

Honda still has the ST1300 listed on their site and it is still a 2012. Do they still manufacture them? Perhaps there is hope.

Would I like a Gen 3? Yes. Can I justify it? No. My concern is when it is time to get a new bike, what am I going to do?

Is that a second radiator (oil cooler) right behind the front tire? I give it a ten minute lifetime on a gravel road.
There is a similar oil cooler right behind the front tire of my Vstrom, and it's survived many gravel outings in its >55k mile lifetime. It has a similar looking metal screen over it for protection, and I don't use a fenda extenda. But the cooler does get plugged up with mud pretty easy.
wink.png

A sat through the entire Milan feed. The entire thing was geared to the Euro market, as if the US did not even exist. Makes me wonder, is the European market really that much bigger than the North American market? Or was it just because of the show's location being in Italy.

None of the MT's appear to be designed for, or even headed to North America. After seeing the release of the MT-10, I would have zero interest in a bike like that.

The XSR900 is on the US web site now. To me this looks sort of like a Ducati Monster clone, but with an inline triple instead of an L-twin. That has me a little more interested as a "day rider" type of bike, but I'd probably prefer the more upright position of the FZ-09 or FJ-09 for that role.

The bike that Yamaha is missing (big time) for the US market is the midsize ADV bike. An FX-09 with ADV spec would be a huge seller IMO. My 2014 FJR will probably last me for the next 8 to 10 years. But I'd be a likely buyer of a mid size, chain driven Tenere, based on the -09 triple cylinder engine, and light weight near that of the FZ, and I'm confident that I would not be alone.

Fred W, have you been to any Euro MotoGP races?

They have 5 times the amount of people show up to watch vs. any motorcycle race in USA.

Price of gas is a lot higher, so is insurance and taxes, so a lot more ride bikes in Europe and Asia.

And a simple concept drawing to get rid of that ugly transformers front end...

Instantly better....

22656d1447763455t-cycle-news-posts-first-look-mt-10-110_n.jpg

Fred, I'm pretty confident this is almost identical a sit up machine just like the FZ-09, with the weight coming in at likely a touch more then the R1.... which is about 440lb's....

I am holding onto my FZ-09 for a few years, but Id think I could see the move to the FZ10... with all the R1 electronic goodies.

Me thinks Skooter here knows more than he's saying. I've met him and dined with him (if you can call his eating habits dining) and he's smarter than he looks. Really.

Me thinks Skooter here knows more than he's saying. I've met him and dined with him (if you can call his eating habits dining) and he's smarter than he looks. Really.
We should own Skooter, we not only set him down to a good ol' Maine slobster, we learned him how to properly eat it too. I'll trust him (at least this once) that there will indeed be a '16 FJR and it's worth waiting for.

P1030732a_zps7072a252.jpg

And, if he's wrong there may be another Palace Saloon showdown in Prescott AZ
wink.png

IMG_9041b_zps9ca44a93.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.