Any rumor on the 2016...?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Magnetic Bronze" according to Yamaha.

(Click on image for larger view)

Daughter says it can't be, because bronze isn't magnetic.
Smaht kid!

But what does that say about Yamaha's marketing department?

(No design engineers would have come up with such an oxymoronic phrase)
Yeah but graphite isn't a liquid nor are cherries "black".

Dan

Oh come on, bergmen! Are you kidding?

I can find black cherries on the supermarket shelf, and the 2015 FJR paint scheme -- at speed -- produces a nano-skin of liquid to reduce friction with passing air molecules. Which is why Liquid Graphite is indeed the fastest color.

Well post 290 was Monday. I mean that was two days ago. I'm 50 now, us old farts can't remember that much.
(apologies for my intellectual lapse)
So, does that mean I have 3 years until I become a quivering NEPRT reposter? Shudder.

....Hey, does anybody know what the 2016 color is, have the finally fixed the dreaded valve tick, lowered the pegs, put in a 6th gear, moved the battery, and fixed the top heaviness that's going to kill somebody some day?

tonguesmiley.gif

Ok, I'll let out one little tidbit of information for all you that are going crazy with anticipation..............

The 2016 FJR will have a 7-speed transmission. For all the whiners that are bound to claim "six gears just isn't enough".

jester.gif

I'm mainly concerned about the self folding defective kickstand. When the heck are are they going to fix that?

Enquiring Freds* want to know!!

* probably the really old timers here will get that reference.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Yeah but graphite isn't a liquid nor are cherries "black".

Dan"

Spoken like the owner of the most feminine color in FJR history. Had you ever been privileged to ride the superior 2015 FJR you would know that it is so fast that the surface of the paint actually liquefies at speed due to the friction of passing through the atmosphere. Yamaha did not have that paint technology in 2007 which is why the "Black Cherry" paint would darken from the heat of ultra high speed travel. Fortunately, as it cooled it would return to its original color.

It is no wonder Yamaha is having trouble with a 2016 model. It has proven nearly impossible to improve upon the 2015 model.

I got that one Fred.... been here 10 years.... Not really a long time in the greater scheme of things...

Read on the other forum, someone stated they would let the FJR news out on Nov 30th.

I don't know what to believe anymore - less then important for us that already have a GEN 3 ES...

"Yeah but graphite isn't a liquid nor are cherries "black".
Dan"

Spoken like the owner of the most feminine color in FJR history.
Yeah, but women everywhere LOVE the color and approach me often to say so (not to mention with a smile and batting eyelashes). I can certainly live with that...

BTW, this only happens when I have my helmet on and they can't see that they are looking at a balding older guy...

Dan

At least we have some assurance that there will be a '16 on which to put black, white or color.

The title of this thread should have been: "Any rumor if there will be a color on the 2016 FJR", the 2014 being the only year 3rd Gen that even has a color...
rolleyes.gif
Yea, what do they call that color anyhow? Limp wrist pinky red...............
sleep.png

7 gears and not soft paint will create a bonanza of gently used 2014 and 15s for purchase.

All part of the plan.

Guess who is upgrading.

<<<<<<<<<<<THIS GUY!!!!!

The title of this thread should have been: "Any rumor if there will be a color on the 2016 FJR", the 2014 being the only year 3rd Gen that even has a color...
rolleyes.gif
sleep.png
Or is it Magenta Pearl?
grin.gif
Oh here we go again...... magentas aren't pearls and pearls aren't magenta........... limp wrist pinky red has...... never mind.

I'll predict 2016 will be a Ghey Grey 5 speed

rolleyes.gif
sleep.png
Or is it Magenta Pearl?
grin.gif
Oh here we go again...... magentas aren't pearls and pearls aren't magenta........... limp wrist pinky red has...... never mind.
Magenta pearls...
il_340x270.706430449_c3fr.jpg

Have they ever released info on the new bikes without having the Yammy site updated first? I'm waiting for the site to show the 16' before believing any rumors.

...the 2014 being the only year 3rd Gen that even has a color...
rolleyes.gif
If that's what you truly believe Fred, you might be in need of a visit to an optometrist, brain surgeon, or psychologist.

Lovin' the color on my 13. Would not trade it for any other color.

But if you wish to ride yours down here to compare, I will even put you up, though you slander my ride. (Shed out back oughtta work)

Status
Not open for further replies.