Any rumor on the 2016...?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to venture that the model sitting there is not "new"

First of all, there is no one standing around it..which would be likely if it was.

Second, The kiosk is not in a "feature" location.

Third, There would be some "spy" photos dispersed by now.

Stay tuned slackers

Oh, those yellow wheels on the MT10 look, um, interesting.

They go well with the Gloss Primer Gray paint tho...
rolleyes.gif

Marketing is fighting with engineering to see whether the yellow and black theme for the FJR is appropiate or not.

Stay tuned,

CAV - I think the Point is IMO, that I don't think they are making NOR put in the time to make any changes with the handful of new products they poured their focus into this year. Much like I said early on, with all the updates they already made to the FJR for Gen 3, I think they shoved the platform aside for other product development.

Its a great package, no changes for 16 and focus our efforts on more radical stuff right now....

Yamaha - Man everyone loves the new FJR, we can finally rest assured that we have made the people on that forum happy.....

FJRForum..... When are they going to update the FJR ?

Yamaha - Wait.... What ?!!

Update or not. If they don't announce by November 30th, I'm gonna buy something else from another manufacturer just to show my displeasure.

That'll show'em....

smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Warp,

I agree with what you said from a business model. Yamaha has made a great product and we love it. Sure, we want some changes, but they created a loyal following right now and their resources can be spent in more developmental areas where new profits can sourced. Put the FJR on cruise control for a little while, be it a year or two, sell out the remaining 14s, and 15s, limit production of the 16s because something bigger will be coming out in a year or two.

Honda totally uses this as their model with their Auto line. Prelude, Accord, Pilot, Ridgeline all had carryover models or discontinued a model before they came out with an all new vehicle. Pilots were selling sight unseen for full list in dealerships with 1000 dollar down payments last year. And they suspended my ridgeline at least a year.

News Flash, Yamaha is into making money and if they can keep us on the hook and still be making money with the next two or three years with "hold overs".......It makes sense. Its not like we are going to jump ship to a competitor that doesn't exist. BMW cost too much, Honda is still a great bike but not updated, and the Connie is really not direct competition for us. . Mama Yamaha is the biggest meth dealer around. We are addicted to the FJR and they have us right where they want us. We will be back as soon as they roll out some new Crystal/Paint/Gears/Cruise.........

Update or not. If they don't announce by November 30th, I'm gonna buy something else from another manufacturer just to show my displeasure.That'll show'em....

smile.png

LOL see post above.....bet you don't.

It is fun speculating about what the 'new' FJR will be like. In any case, if I didn't buy a red one, which I really like, I doubt I'll buy a 2016. I'm still happy with my tired, well used '05.

Still, I do wonder why there has not been any news from Yamaha. A simple new color would be appropriate, but if that's all there is then why wait to announce it?

Cav47 posted: My, what big mirrors you have!!!

... the better to see myself. (Because that's all my mirrors are good for.)

These fuggly things...[img=[URL="https://www.motoco.co.jp/YMD%20HOMEPAGE%202012/FJR1300%202013-/1MC-F61C0-1000_001.jpg%5D"]https://www.motoco.co.jp/YMD%20HOMEPAGE%202012/FJR1300%202013-/1MC-F61C0-1000_001.jpg][/URL]
Fuggly enough that I took mine off. They don't do much good, anyway, other than possibly saving the mirror from a scratch in a tip-over.

It's not the color that should be what all the fuss is about but the new Cross-Plane 6 cylinder motor should be the bigger news..

If the colour is not magenta to match the colour of the route on my Garmin than I'm not interested.
tonguesmiley.gif

and supercooled linear motor with levitating magnets so I don't have to buy any more PR4's.

Status
Not open for further replies.