• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

-CLOSED- Heli Tour Performance GB

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to let everyone know. I just email Heli to see if they are interested in doing this again. I will keep you all posted.
good idea Chris - I'd just like to share a small point of interest with the 'new guys' on what might tuen out to be a second Group Buy.

The Heli clamp has reduced handle bar 'buzz' to practically zero for me. This added to the revised sitting positiion, has completely redefined my FJR riding experience.

ride safe dudes - Bull

Just to let everyone know. I just email Heli to see if they are interested in doing this again. I will keep you all posted.
good idea Chris - I'd just like to share a small point of interest with the 'new guys' on what might tuen out to be a second Group Buy.

The Heli clamp has reduced handle bar 'buzz' to practically zero for me. This added to the revised sitting positiion, has completely redefined my FJR riding experience.

ride safe dudes - Bull
+1

ChrisD deserves a medal.

I am interested in the group buy. Especially if it gets rid of the buzz.

Have to check with my wife before I give the okie dokie on it, but I am definitely interested.

John

What's the main difference between the Heli and the *** version? Do both change the wrist angle position?

*** removed after being advised of #10.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok folks this is the email I got back from Heli:

[SIZE=12pt]Chris[/SIZE]

Good afternoon. I received your email regarding a group buy. We most certainly can do one however we have had a price increase so the pricing will be the following:

Retail $339.00 An order of *5 – 9* HRT076-2's, would receive a *10%* discount ($33.90) for a cost of $305.10

Retail $339.00 An order of *10+* HRT076-2's, would receive a *15%* discount ($50.85) for a cost of $288.15

Shipping and handling is not included.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Jennifer Pettengill

Inside Sales/Marketing

Heli Modified

PO Box 638

20 Industrial Way

Cornish, ME 04020

Phone: 207-625-7319

Fax: 207-625-3024

www.helibars.com

I was going to start a "New Topic" or group buy but for some reason I'm getting the error that states: "Sorry, you do not have permission to start a topic in this forum" :angry2: I have tried to PM and email the admins but have yet to hear back.

Anyway, above is Heli's latest and greatest deal. :)

New List:

1) Rondo777

2) CMB

3) jaffjrae

4) dingrr

5) phobostx < reach 10% discount or $305.10

6)

7)

8)

9)

10) < reach 15 % discount or $288.15

My timing is off too. Just got mine 10 days ago. Great product however. Those of you buying it will not regret the cost. For those interested, it is NOT necessary to remove the tank, wires, connectors and other stuff from your OEM piece although the directions tell you to. Go ahead and take a pair of diagonal cutters and cut those damned steel wire hoops so you can get your cables out, then put a towel on the cowling on each side, remove the bars on each side and lay them on the towels hanging from the cables, then unbolt the OEM triple clamp. Cut the tie wraps that hold the ignition switch wires to the stem and lift the triple clamp away, gaining slack on the wires as you go. Then turn it so you can see those cone shaped "bolts" that hold the ignition switch to the triple clamp and use a spring loaded punch to punch a starter dimple in the CENTER of those cone shaped pieces. You can stretch the wires over to the left side where the pocket is and turn it upside down to lay it on the towel so you can do this and so you can drill. Drill a smaller hole to start, say a 1/8 drill into the cone shaped bolts, then come back with the 5/16 drill they recommend in the instructions and drill it down to the surface of the clamp. Once you are this far, you should be able to move the drill around to "pry" off the drilled off head. If you ever wanted to go back to the OEM piece you can install regular bolts, so dont worry about doing this. Trust me, you wont want to go back anyway. I did mine this way and did the whole job in less than 30 minutes.

Motorcycle-ed

Chris, please include me in your list of POSITIVES. Thanks for taking the time to arrange this buy.

Arrrrg... I just installed the genmar's yesterday, why you guys do this to me??? Huh? Huh?, just kidding! Ill have to think about this one. I like the buzz kill aspect of it though I gotta say.

I'd say too - doesn't matter the cost - get one, you'll like it.

it's just a bonus that Chris can obtain a good discount - the clamp is worth its weight in robaxacet!

I say f*ck Yoda - (never did trust those little dwarf people, they're creepy - especially with swords, light sabres and dangerous shit like that) - buy a heli - 'Idea wise it is.'

Damn. I just received and installed mine yesterday. I saved $10 and shipping at California Sport Touring, so I figure I got half the discount anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.