Custom Jacket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone gotten their jackets yet? How is the size issue? That's the only thing holding me back right now. I usually take a Large with the sleeves a little on the long side. Any help with sizing would be a big help as I REALLY want to order one of these jackets.

Tom

Tom I'll let you know how the sizing runs when mine comes in. I ordered a large.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm waiting to see when FJRocket's jacket comes in to give me an idea of when to expect mine. Mine should be about 5 days behind his.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting. Coming up on 1 week in transit. Coming from Thailand?

I have had one of these jackets for about 3 weeks now, and last night while riding along at about 75mph the seams started to come apart around where the arms attach to the shoulder.

They are actually tearing the material, so I can't even get them repaired.

If you want something to walk around in, they seem ok, however, wind flapping while riding could cause them to fail, and mine came from the guy on Ebay from Thailand.

Skippy :( :angry:

Yeah, they didn't look like a real riding jacket. More of a walking or just light cruising jacket.

Skip, sorry to hear about your jacket. Maby Zirin will make good on it?

Skippy :blink:

I’m also sorry to hear about your jacket, but I am 100% sure that this jacket does not come from my factory.

I think your jacket come from China or Japan

Regards Zirin5555

Skippy, there's your answer. I think your jacket came from a vendor in Japan, via FJRKevin. Zirin is in Thailand, I believe.

Maybe Kevin can help out?

Oops. Guess I did screw up. Or Skippy edited his post already. Either way, I thought that in a thread far far away (couple pages back, anyway) that FJRKevin said he was getting the jacket locally from a guy in Japan, not from Thailand. I certainly could be mistaken. Anyway, maybe Kevin can clear that up. If he ever comes back to the board.

In the scheme of things don't know if it's worth the trouble or effort or money to pursue a problem like this.

Skippy, looks like your posts self destructed, there, buddy.

Still waiting for a jacket from Thailand, and some H4 bulbs from London.

I don't plan on riding in my jacket. Got a phoenix, kili and a first gear speed jacket for riding in. The new jacket is just for posing :D

I don't plan on riding in my jacket. Got a phoenix, kili and a first gear speed jacket for riding in. The new jacket is just for posing :D
There you go. ;)

The new jacket is just for posing
Absolutely. Or for telling tall stories to your riding buddies :haha:

DSCN0624.jpg

I've got a very similar one, also made in the Far East and very probably by the same people. It's not bad but a bit too floppy for riding in -- and, of course, has no protectors.

Stef

Just ordered several jackets and a shirt from Zirrin on Ebay. Seems like an honorable guy to me. He was willing to give me back the 10% discount for forum members, after fogetting to included it in the invoice.

I am anxious to see the quality of the jackets. I have no intention of using them as riding jackets. Cotton microfiber is just not a sturdy enough material for that. It's strictly a fashion cloth.

I ordered mine yesterday and received an email this morning saying they have been shipped. Many times I don't get service like that from domestic vendors, much less foreign ones.

I checked out all of Zirrin's feedback and it seems like he had a running feud with one individual (from his part of the world by the way the English was written). A competitor, I suspect, trying to discredit him. At least that was my take on it. The others were fake Ebay accounts, at least that was his claim.

I think this guy is safe, and so far my experience has be exemplary.

We got ours today! They look pretty good and quality is a bit better than I anticipated. It's just my very subtle way of saying "**** Harleys" without worrying about getting shot, stabbed, kicked, punched, spit on, etc...