EOM 2013 - Maggie Valley, NC 20-22 September 2013

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you sure that you don't talkie funny, Bill? lol! Just kidding.
I talk just like everyone. We leave the R out a lot and to keep the universe in order we add it otha placers.

car => Cah

data => dater

Proper english Worcester => Woostah and slang => Wisstah

:)

New PR2 mounted on the front. Currently rebuilding the front forks and should finish up tomorrow night. Quite the experience but fun. New brakes pads going to be installed also. Rear tire going on next weekend. Doesn't look like I will have the time to install the rear shock. Hoping to get another 3K out of it and it will have to get swapped out when I get back home.

Dave

So, an FZ1 riding buddy of mine is considering joining me for the ride to EOM and perhaps hanging out Thur.-evening, Fri.-day, and leaving Sat.-AM.

Is rally attendance open to non-FJR riders?

Clearly registration would be require for the banquet, if it is open to non-FJR'ers?

Is registration required for the day rides, and hanging out in the lot?

I just don't know what the etiquette is for this case, please advise.

registration is open to anyone and everyone.

Tell him he can come.... If he wants to attend the Banquet(which is Saturday night) yes he should register from the website. I believe there is other stuff besides the food included it the registration price.

Oh and he should buy some beer for the rest of us.
wink.png

Nikk,

By all means, your fizzer friend is more than welcome. Being on a Yamaha will get him less ribbing than say a ble, or Harley, but anyone who rides is welcome...

If your buddy wants to hang out Saturday night and have dinner at the banquet, he would need to register to pay for the meal. If he just wants to hang out, it's a free country...

If he's coming, regardless of what his decision is to register, send me his name and I'll print out a name tag for him anyways.

Wayne.

So, an FZ1 riding buddy of mine is considering joining me for the ride to EOM and perhaps hanging out Thur.-evening, Fri.-day, and leaving Sat.-AM.Is rally attendance open to non-FJR riders?
Clearly registration would be require for the banquet, if it is open to non-FJR'ers?
Is registration required for the day rides, and hanging out in the lot?

I just don't know what the etiquette is for this case, please advise.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do believe that he also asked if his friend needs to register in order to hang out until Saturday morning.

I am considering throwing on a new set of tires after CFO and joining this, if I can find a room share and provided none of the Hooterville 400 rowdies will there lowering the standards.
sleep.png

EDIT: found a room share, and am registered.

Wayne, what does the list of attendees look like these days?

I don't think it will be quite as large as other years Heidi. Just my opinion for what its worth. Its the economy me thinks,

Dave

Attendee list follows - total head count right now is 81 counting riders and pillions. I know there's a few guests floating out there that will nudge the number a few clicks higher. But Dave hit it - EOM attendance has hovered around the 75-90 mark since 2010, many factors I'm sure but it's all good. It's a double edged sword - market the rally to a wider audience to drawn in more numbers, and it grows into something less attractive for many.

One idea I'm tossing around is making an official move to bring the Super Tenere crowd in - many FJR riders have migrated that way, and we typically find ourselves in areas where dual sport terrain is readily accessible.

08FJR4ME, 0Face, Abercrombie FJR, aka John, Beachy, BikerGeek, Blind Squirrel, Bungie, Burnspot, Chivvalry, Clocklaw, cota95, Crumpadump, dsbiker, eFn Wife, eFnJustRide, El Toro Joe, Fencer, fialdj, fjr vfr, FJR183, Flapsup, FLFJRS, Geezer, Griff, HaulinAshe, Huron52, KRID, Kuklaki, LeeDavis, luvtoride, M&M, Majicmaker, mrfixall101, Nikk, OHFJR, outforaride, Phil S, PhilJet09, Powerman, raYzerman, Saltcreep, scorpa, Scraped UP, ShowMeMo, SoozeBG, Steve, TheAxeman, Thingfish, vabrzn, Walter, WheatonFJR, wineshisperer, wpbfjr,yamafitter

One idea I'm tossing around is making an official move to bring the Super Tenere crowd in - many FJR riders have migrated that way, and we typically find ourselves in areas where dual sport terrain is readily accessible.
no.gif
Don't invite the Teneres! I won't know what bike to ride and I would have to trailer them both.
fool.gif