EOM 2013 - Maggie Valley, NC 20-22 September 2013

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Attendee list follows - total head count right now is 81 counting riders and pillions. I know there's a few guests floating out there that will nudge the number a few clicks higher. But Dave hit it - EOM attendance has hovered around the 75-90 mark since 2010, many factors I'm sure but it's all good. It's a double edged sword - market the rally to a wider audience to drawn in more numbers, and it grows into something less attractive for many.
One idea I'm tossing around is making an official move to bring the Super Tenere crowd in - many FJR riders have migrated that way, and we typically find ourselves in areas where dual sport terrain is readily accessible.

08FJR4ME, 0Face, Abercrombie FJR, aka John, Beachy, BikerGeek, Blind Squirrel, Bungie, Burnspot, Chivvalry, Clocklaw, cota95, Crumpadump, dsbiker, eFn Wife, eFnJustRide, El Toro Joe, Fencer, fialdj, fjr vfr, FJR183, Flapsup, FLFJRS, Geezer, Griff, HaulinAshe, Huron52, KRID, Kuklaki, LeeDavis, luvtoride, M&M, Majicmaker, mrfixall101, Nikk, OHFJR, outforaride, Phil S, PhilJet09, Powerman, raYzerman, Saltcreep, scorpa, Scraped UP, ShowMeMo, SoozeBG, Steve, TheAxeman, Thingfish, vabrzn, Walter, WheatonFJR, wineshisperer, wpbfjr,yamafitter
nothing wrong with the size rally that is here. I think bigger could be a pain for orginizers. not to say that people on other bikes shouldnt be allowed all should be welcomed we are not pirates.

a co-worker and i are planning a trip arriving in maggie valley on 9-19, riding local roads on 9/20 and heading back north via BRP on 9-21.

i'm not sure where we're staying yet, but may do a drive by to check out all the fjrs.

ttendee list follows - total head count right now is 81 counting riders and pillions. I know there's a few guests floating out there that will nudge the number a few clicks higher. But Dave hit it - EOM attendance has hovered around the 75-90 mark since 2010, many factors I'm sure but it's all good. It's a double edged sword - market the rally to a wider audience to drawn in more numbers, and it grows into something less attractive for many.
One idea I'm tossing around is making an official move to bring the Super Tenere crowd in - many FJR riders have migrated that way, and we typically find ourselves in areas where dual sport terrain is readily accessible.

08FJR4ME, 0Face, Abercrombie FJR, aka John, Beachy, BikerGeek, Blind Squirrel, Bungie, Burnspot, Chivvalry, Clocklaw, cota95, Crumpadump, dsbiker, eFn Wife, eFnJustRide, El Toro Joe, Fencer, fialdj, fjr vfr, FJR183, Flapsup, FLFJRS, Geezer, Griff, HaulinAshe, Huron52, KRID, Kuklaki, LeeDavis, luvtoride, M&M, Majicmaker, mrfixall101, Nikk, OHFJR, outforaride, Phil S, PhilJet09, Powerman, raYzerman, Saltcreep, scorpa, Scraped UP, ShowMeMo, SoozeBG, Steve, TheAxeman, Thingfish, vabrzn, Walter, WheatonFJR, wineshisperer, wpbfjr,yamafitter
Doesn't add up there, Wayne. A few got dropped somehow.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's tough finding a hotel with 75-100 rooms + banquet facility to accommodate us at the numbers where we are now. We don't have to get much bigger before we're limited to the large resort hotels or business conference hotels in cities. Be careful what you wish for. It remains to be seen but with all the upgrades to 13 and 14 model FJR's interest in the bike is on the upswing again. Our numbers could start going up all by themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's definitely a scratch my head move right there, Wayne.

& Lee is correct about hotel size... The organizers of NAFO had a time finding facilities that would house as many as we felt might attend.

a co-worker and i are planning a trip arriving in maggie valley on 9-19, riding local roads on 9/20 and heading back north via BRP on 9-21.
i'm not sure where we're staying yet, but may do a drive by to check out all the fjrs.
Steve, I'll be there Friday and Saturday night. If you swing by, shoot me a text.

The list below is only those who have filled in their forum name on the registration; it does not include pillons, and there are some who did not provide a forum name. That's why the total names below does not match the 80-ish number I quoted.

ttendee list follows - total head count right now is 81 counting riders and pillions. I know there's a few guests floating out there that will nudge the number a few clicks higher. But Dave hit it - EOM attendance has hovered around the 75-90 mark since 2010, many factors I'm sure but it's all good. It's a double edged sword - market the rally to a wider audience to drawn in more numbers, and it grows into something less attractive for many.

Doesn't add up there, Wayne. A few got dropped somehow.

Why? Thinking bigger picture - how many riders have moved from the FJR to the S10? It's a discussion track that has re-surfaced a couple of times at face to face meets.

But the double edge sword of it is, if this morphs from "FJR1300 EOM" to more of a Yamaha EOM", it grows to the point of taking us away from these smaller, more intimate venues. We could think of it as a means for survival of the meet - if the ownership shifts away from the FJR, do we want to end up with a rally attendance down around a dozen or so FJR's because we keep it as the FJR EOM?

We could slide this line of discussion to another thread...

That's definitely a scratch my head move right there, Wayne.
& Lee is correct about hotel size... The organizers of NAFO had a time finding facilities that would house as many as we felt might attend.

Where exactly have you come up with a huge drop in attendance # scenario?