EOM 2013 - Maggie Valley, NC 20-22 September 2013

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The organizers of NAFO had a time finding facilities that would house as many as we felt might attend.
Then had to listen to many of the people bitch about the costs associated with such a large place.
I thought NAFO was great... very well done and the costs were reasonable, especially for the venue.

Back on track here - I'll do a more detailed attendee list out tonight; I'll include pillons in the next list.

Does anyone have an interest in visiting the Wheels Through Time Museum?
YES!!
YES!
Me too.
And me too
I'm in. Isn't it only about three miles down the road from us?
If it fits the schedule I would like in on it.

Ok - I will get in touch with Dale at WTT. Which day would everyone lean towards stopping in? He might give us a deal...

It's been a few years, but it was a very neat place to walk through. I stopped with a buddy one day during the middle of the week; Dale ended up walking through most of the exhibits with us - it was very cool.

I'm getting there early on Thursday. I might wanna do it then but, I'll be willing to join a group later on. It'll be more fun that way for me. :)

Back on track here - I'll do a more detailed attendee list out tonight; I'll include pillons in the next list.

Does anyone have an interest in visiting the Wheels Through Time Museum?
YES!!
YES!
Me too.
And me too
I'm in. Isn't it only about three miles down the road from us?
If it fits the schedule I would like in on it.
Make it a part of your schedule. Make other pieces of your schedule fit around it.

Like the Barber museum in Alabama, WTT is, truly, a must-see place. Yah, there is a lot of vintage Harley stuff, including a Harley-powered airplane built by a 17-year-old, but is truly a must-see place. Plus, if you're a lefty, they'll give you a lefty pen when you sign the guest book.

I am thinking that it would be a good place to visit if we have some bad weather. Otherwise maybe later in the afternoon after riding or maybe Sunday morning before heading out.

In other words, I'm planning to wing it.
smile.png

Well, unfortunately my rotator cuff is not going to allow me to make the meet. You guys have fun but the doc says I'm not going.

Well, unfortunately my rotator cuff is not going to allow me to make the meet. You guys have fun but the doc says I'm not going.
Ya got a cage, right?

Do yer best jwilly impersonation - bring yer cage to EOM with a trunk-full of beer.

Bummer aboot the cuff, BTW. That sucks donkey balls.

Finally got around to officially registering for EOM this morning so now who says I'm slow!?

New front tire on the bike, TBS and Unauthorized TBS done, oil and filter changed, final drive oil changed, added a little anti-freeze.

Bike washed and all cleaned up. Routes to/from Maggie Valley and around the area all loaded into the GPS.

Now all I need to do is pack a few things and throw a leg over that Galaxy Blue unit and head out to meet Mike in Kentucky on Tuesday evening.

See you guys in Maggie Valley and ride safe getting there.

That sucks Ken. We'll miss you. Get well soon.