EOM 2013 - Maggie Valley, NC 20-22 September 2013

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure your finger tips are just raw from running that Mini Cooper's paddle shifters... Nope, not much sympathy from up this way at all. Especially with 2 inches of fresh snow on the deck right now...

There was a bridge out and a few other trouble spots that affected the composition of last year's routes. This year won't be any different. While we can't recon every inch of 2k miles worth of routes to make sure everything's perfect we'll likely find any serious problems and route accordingly. There'll be plenty of great rides. Guaranteed.
They will get pared down but I have 9 potential routes roughed out for 2013. Come Spring I'll head out and start investigating iffy sections.
Lee...you ARE the man!!!!
Thanks! I haven't yet been able to convey to Wayne what a tough job it is to head out on the bike and pre-run EOM route sections. Oh, the hardships we endure!
smile.png

I'm sure your finger tips are just raw from running that Mini Cooper's paddle shifters... Nope, not much sympathy from up this way at all. Especially with 2 inches of fresh snow on the deck right now...

There was a bridge out and a few other trouble spots that affected the composition of last year's routes. This year won't be any different. While we can't recon every inch of 2k miles worth of routes to make sure everything's perfect we'll likely find any serious problems and route accordingly. There'll be plenty of great rides. Guaranteed.
They will get pared down but I have 9 potential routes roughed out for 2013. Come Spring I'll head out and start investigating iffy sections.
Lee...you ARE the man!!!!
Thanks! I haven't yet been able to convey to Wayne what a tough job it is to head out on the bike and pre-run EOM route sections. Oh, the hardships we endure!
smile.png
not 100% but I think it may be way harder on Lee than you think Wayne,Im thinking he has to push in the clutch then actualy shift the old school way. it aint easy being Lee!

The True Path to Righteous Roads does not suffer such abominations as paddle shifters. Automation of the transmission is vile and unclean.

Even with the additional efforts required to select the appropriate gear (cager or 2 wheeler), you shall still not receive pity from me... Maybe a high-five or three come September...

The True Path to Righteous Roads does not suffer such abominations as paddle shifters. Automation of the transmission is vile and unclean.

I think that I missed something, here. Are we open to make reservations at the host hotel, Wayne? I see that some folks have already made reservations. I don't remember seeing anything that says... go ahead & make your reservations & the rooms are blah, blah blah dollars... but I may have missed it.

Heidi - you didn't miss anything - some people just ventured out and called the hotel. Yes, the hotel will take reservations now for the EOM dates - make sure you mention the FJR motorcycle group and listen very carefully to the cancellation policy. I have the flyer from the manager now, I'll get back to the EOM site and information project soon (got side tracked with standing up the other sand box the past couple of weeks)....

I think that I missed something, here. Are we open to make reservations at the host hotel, Wayne? I see that some folks have already made reservations. I don't remember seeing anything that says... go ahead & make your reservations & the rooms are blah, blah blah dollars... but I may have missed it.

Thank you, Wayne. I will just wait until I'm actually supposed to make reservations.

I have my September vacation secured! Now I have to decide on CFO, EOM or go for broke and hit them both back to back. Hitting both would make an epic 13 day adventure!

LOL! I like your way of thinking! The best part is Wheaton IL is right on the way, and I can stop by and get a little loan from my good friend Mark.

LOL! I like your way of thinking! The best part is Wheaton IL is right on the way, and I can stop by and get a little loan from buy a beer and pizza for my good friend Mark.
Now THAT'S the ticket!

The only thing better than that is to lend me your 2013 FJR like good buddies usually do. Thanks man...you're the greatest!
punk.gif