Fairing Racing Stripes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Install tip #2-a bondo spreader works better than a credit card for smoothing, as well as a soapy cloth. For the impossible bubbles, a pin hole while still wet and a smoothing will work, but only as a last resort.

Install tip #2-a bondo spreader works better than a credit card for smoothing, as well as a soapy cloth. For the impossible bubbles, a pin hole while still wet and a smoothing will work, but only as a last resort.

You are correct on all accounts, a bonder spreader works better but the credit card does work fine on this small job and everyone has one of those. Thanks for the input!

Hey OHFJR,When are your decal kits going to be available?Inquiring minds want to know.

I am having the new kit made up with the gas tank strip included and also in the lighter silver color. I should have this soon. If all goes well the production run should take about a week after that. I'm guessing we can start shipping by the 2nd week of January. Pricing for the 10 piece kit will be $29.95 plus shipping. We will have this item on our company's website for purchase by the first of the year. All orders will be taken thru the website only. I will make an annoucement on this thread when this item is available for purchase. Thanks for your interest!

Hey OHFJR,When are your decal kits going to be available?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I am having the new kit made up with the gas tank strip included and also in the lighter silver color. I should have this soon. If all goes well the production run should take about a week after that. I'm guessing we can start shipping by the 2nd week of January. Pricing for the 10 piece kit will be $29.95 plus shipping. We will have this item on our company's website for purchase by the first of the year. All orders will be taken thru the website only. I will make an annoucement on this thread when this item is available for purchase. Thanks for your interest!
Outstanding!

The new lighter silver stripe kit arrived Friday and I just finished installing them. The new silver is a dead on match to the bike's silver and the new kit includes the gas tank stripe. I have attached new pictures showing the installed kit. We should be ready to take orders on our website by the end of next week and start shipping kits in the first or second week of January. Cost for the 10 piece kit will be $29.95 plus shipping. We will also sell the stripes individually just in case something happens to a decal during installation. This way you do not have to by a whole new kit.

We will be making one set of decals in the reflective white material and I'll install them on my bike and post pictures for those that want to see how the reflective material looks on the bike. These kits will be higher in price since the material cost more and we probably won't have as much demand for these.

FYI - I removed the first set of decals that I installed several weeks ago and it was really easy. Just take your blow dryer and warm the decals up and they peel right off.

Before you ask, my seat is getting a major facelift at Russell Saddles! :yahoo:

NewFJRFairingStripeKit6.jpg

NewFJRFairingStripeKit5.jpg

NewFJRFairingStripeKit4.jpg

NewFJRFairingStripeKit1.jpg

The new lighter silver stripe kit arrived Friday and I just finished installing them. The new silver is a dead on match to the bike's silver and the new kit includes the gas tank stripe. I have attached new pictures showing the installed kit. We should be ready to take orders on our website by the end of next week and start shipping kits in the first or second week of January. Cost for the 10 piece kit will be $29.95 plus shipping. We will also sell the stripes individually just in case something happens to a decal during installation. This way you do not have to by a whole new kit.
We will be making one set of decals in the reflective white material and I'll install them on my bike and post pictures for those that want to see how the reflective material looks on the bike. These kits will be higher in price since the material cost more and we probably won't have as much demand for these.

FYI - I removed the first set of decals that I installed several weeks ago and it was really easy. Just take your blow dryer and warm the decals up and they peel right off.

Before you ask, my seat is getting a major facelift at Russell Saddles! :yahoo:

NewFJRFairingStripeKit6.jpg

NewFJRFairingStripeKit5.jpg

NewFJRFairingStripeKit4.jpg

NewFJRFairingStripeKit1.jpg
Can I a kit with Bright Red for my 06 AE? Willing to pay what extra $s it would take. My AE is accented with Red items. Stripes IMHO would work well. Please advise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I a kit with Bright Red for my 06 AE? Willing to pay what extra $s it would take. My AE is accented with Red items. Stripes IMHO would work well. Please advise.

Dave, sure you can, do want red reflective material or just red vinyl? Let me know the material and I'll get you a quote and delivery estimate next week.

OHFJR, what is your web site? Can you post a link?Thanks

The company name is Premier Cycle Accessories and can be reached by either of the two web addresses below. The stripe kit is not yet posted on our site but will be next week. We do have racks and backrest for the FJR1300 on the site as wll as helmet lock kits that mount underneath our racks. Next week we will be launching our new website and will have the FJR Fairing Stripe Kit on it along with FJR sidebag reflective decals.

www.pca-one.com

www.premiercycleaccessories.com

Dave, sure you can, do want red reflective material or just red vinyl? Let me know the material and I'll get you a quote and delivery estimate next week.

Great news, Thanks!! I would want red reflective material. :yahoo:

I have been looking for these exact stripes for my new (soon to be) 2007 FJR1300A ever since I saw the stripes on the toy model FJR offfered for sale by many vendors. I even approached a local guy who does grtaphics for help with a photo of the toy model for him to duplicate. Your offereing is very timely my friend. I an very interested in the reflective stripe kit; however, would like to see a comparision of the current (new) silver offereing to the white reflectrive kit. Can you do that for us. Either way an order will be forthcoing, just as soon as I make up my mind as to which color I want, and as soon as it appeqrs on your web site. Jabber.

The 05 n older FJR's have a decal on the fairing that looks to be clearcoated. Will the stripes cover the decal or do you need to pull it off.

If you need to pull it off, how is that accomplished?

The 05 n older FJR's have a decal on the fairing that looks to be clearcoated. Will the stripes cover the decal or do you need to pull it off.
If you need to pull it off, how is that accomplished?

These decals will not fit the 05 model. I have examined making stripes for the 05 model and to be honest, I don't see a way to make an appealing set of stripes for it. The fairings between the 05 and 06 models are as different as night and day. The lines and angles and obstructions on the 05 do not lend itself to stripes. Sorry!

You can now order the metallic silver racing stripe kit for the 06 & 07 FJR from our new website. We also just introduced reflective sidebag decals and two different helmet lock kits. We are selling the Helmet Guardian locks that attach to your license plate bracket and also a lock kit that mounts underneath our luggage racks.

We have just switched websites domains so you may get an error or site under construction message when you try to log into our site. From what I understand the domain switch is picked up at different times by different servers. So if you get this message please check back the next day and everyone should be able to get into the site.

Premier Cycle Accessories

My Order has just been placed. Look forward to it! Thanks for putting this together for us!
Smoke

Your welcome Smoke! Also dont forget to pickup a pair of our Black Reflective side bags decals while your ordering your stripe kit. These are a great safety item for the back of your bike.