FJR Death Valley Daze: January 22-24 Great MC Ride!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don, I am sure your friend and I have passed each other, more than once. It's inevitable here on the island. My house is about a 4 minute ride from the Oyster River bridge (the gateway to Black Creek and Merville).I pretty sure we've not met, but as he has a L/E background, he likely knows Dave Hay- local RCMP (motorcycle cop - now also retired) and avid Wing Rider. He is very active in Wing Rider groups near and far, and rider instruction.

I've met Mr. Hay a couple times and quite like and respect the guy, thru our local forum; Islandriders.ca (affectionately called "IslandSliders", as most of the active posters are asshat kids on sportbikes)

.....am going to talk to my sister and see how this could all fit in to a visit to the valley of fruits and nuts.
Sounds great, Barb. If you are going to visit The Valley of Fruits and Nuts, make sure you call on dcarver and Old Michael!

For life of me, I'm getting senile as SkooterG's always saying, can't remember which one is The Fruit and which one is The Nut!

has nothing to do with senility.....just chock it up to being a "tough call" :p

BeemerDon - this sounds like a good birthday party (mine). Is your sofa a double or queen ? ;)
Mary Ellen, if you wanted to fly out and join Rena, David, Barb and I for this; it could happen! There is a Best Western Inn & Suites about a half-mile from my house, since we would be really crowding our little house: I would recommend that you and Barb split a room there. Rena and I could run you back and forth in my Jeep Liberty. Since I remember you as being taller than Barb, we may consider you riding BMW F650GS Twin and Barb riding the Harley-Davidson FXD. 480-440-4666 480-917-3863

Last edited by a moderator:
BeemerDon - this sounds like a good birthday party (mine). Is your sofa a double or queen ? ;)
Mary Ellen, if you wanted to fly out and join Rena, David, Barb and I for this; it could happen! There is a Best Western Inn & Suites about a half-mile from my house, since we would be really crowding our little house: I would recommend that you and Barb split a room there. Rena and I could run you back and forth in my Jeep Liberty. Since I remember you as being taller than Barb, we may consider you riding BMW F650GS Twin and Barb riding the Harley-Davidson FXD. 480-440-4666 480-917-3863
:D Thanks Don. It's a wonderful thought but not likely to happen. And, typically, very generous of you. I was (kind of ) teasing though.

ps - Barb may be a hair (?) taller than I; I'd be better off on Pammy B)

I am not sure where the height settles out between us, but I think I am a little more comfy not being flatfooted on a bike.

MEM's feej is lowered, mine is stock and am riding with my suspension settings jacked a bit. As long as it is not KLR height, I can hop around at stops.......................

although that sand you're talking about might make things "interesting" when doing a one footed tippy toe manoever

Maryellen, you got to stop teasing and start planning for next year. This ride, CFR, the Sept Island ride, CFO.

We need to talk, girly.

Maryellen, you got to stop teasing and start planning for next year. This ride, CFR, the Sept Island ride, CFO. We need to talk, girly.
Hmmm.... this ride falls on my regular days off. I'm going to Aeroplan site right now to see if I can get there on air miles :rolleyes:

Don, I am sure your friend and I have passed each other, more than once. It's inevitable here on the island. My house is about a 4 minute ride from the Oyster River bridge (the gateway to Black Creek and Merville).I pretty sure we've not met, but as he has a L/E background, he likely knows Dave Hay- local RCMP (motorcycle cop - now also retired) and avid Wing Rider. He is very active in Wing Rider groups near and far, and rider instruction.

I've met Mr. Hay a couple times and quite like and respect the guy, thru our local forum; Islandriders.ca (affectionately called "IslandSliders", as most of the active posters are asshat kids on sportbikes)

.....am going to talk to my sister and see how this could all fit in to a visit to the valley of fruits and nuts.
Miss Barb, I've crossposted this to https://www.azbeemers.org/forum site for David's viewing, to see if he knows Mr. Dave Hay.

With my adding CAJW-John Wilcox to attendees list just now, we've TWENTY rooms booked for FJR Forum Death Valley Dazers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well at least there are not many bends in death valley so Johnny should be able to keep up..........

R

Well at least there are not many bends in death valley so Johnny should be able to keep up..........
R
Hey Sir Richard, be kind to my goombah buddy! You should've seen Count Porcula tackle that triple burger two weeks ago!

I sure wish I could take credit for Count Porcula, but I can't; Bustanut joker came up that little treasure. Priceless witticism!