FREE Pirelli Diablo Strada when you buy a rear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once again, better late than never. I just ordered my FJR spec tire from AMT with only 110 free fronts left as of 10 o'clock CT.

I spoke to the guys at Pirelli and asked them about the availability of the FJR specific Strada. Those at last years CFO may remember Pirelli giving away 2 sets of these very tires as door prizes. At that time (June 2005) they expected them to start shipping in a couple of months. Well, the folks that won the tires are still waiting...patiently. :angry:

It turns out the guy who can answer my question about ship dates happens to be in Spain this week. I was asked to call back next week. I'll let you all know what I find out.

Derek

Ordered phantom "E" rear tire from AMT 3/2.  They cancelled the order since the "E" wasn't in stock and reinstated after an Email from me (which I think ToeSlicer did also).
I never reinstated my order. I even sent Pirelli an email asking them to cancel my claim. But hey, I'm still getting a front tire for $25! I hope I can buy a rear from them before I need one. I'm an "E" waiter.
Nice loophole, that... you oughta get an Avon rear to complete the sting. :assasin: j/k

Nice loophole, that... you oughta get an Avon rear to complete the sting. :assasin: j/k
If I don't make it to the "E" ship date on the current Avon rear, I think I'll try a Pilot Road next.

Well my card got charged the shipping on March 22, and there was less than 300 front tires left. So at least I'm in the loop. As a note, Metz run the same promotion I understand from cycle gear where I ordered mine, so keep your ears on.

I ordered the E series rear, no sign of it yet as it should be. Got the free front tire UPS today, no notification other than my card had been charged about a week ago. How cool is that ?!!!

Never checked back after that but I sure liked the shopping experience ! :D

Only 18 FREEBIES LEFT!!!!!!!!

HURRY HURRY HURRY!!!!!!!!!

BTW, I told AMT to hold the order for my 2 rear Pirelli "E" tires until they were back in stock. They did, however, hit my card the day I ordered. Just thought you'r like to know. I haven't received any backorder information yet. Weren't they supposedly getting them in today or tomorrow? Or is that next month? When the "A's" get here?

Great. Now I'm an AE, Pirelli, Stator waiter.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I took the plunge. I ordered the OEM rear from AMT online. And I completed the Pirelli form.

FYI, it stated that there was only 7 tires left when I started...should say 6 now.

I guess I'll have $165 invested in tires and shipping when it's all said and done. I hope I can find somebody intown that will install them.

This just in from AMT:

Hello Matt,      Thank you for your order. The tentative ETA on these tires to arrive to our warehouse is approx. the second week of April. If this falls out of your timeline, please let us know and we can issue you a full refund and cancel your order. Thank you.

Regards,

Randy

American Motorcycle Tire

www.americanmototire.com>>
[SIZE=14pt]Hey, are you guys getting an "E" FRONT TIRE? Or are those "free" fronts just standard Pirelli tires?[/SIZE]

This just in from AMT:

Hello Matt,      Thank you for your order. The tentative ETA on these tires to arrive to our warehouse is approx. the second week of April. If this falls out of your timeline, please let us know and we can issue you a full refund and cancel your order. Thank you.

Regards,

Randy

American Motorcycle Tire

www.americanmototire.com>>
[SIZE=14pt]Hey, are you guys getting an "E" FRONT TIRE? Or are those "free" fronts just standard Pirelli tires?[/SIZE]
AMT quoted me 2-3 weeks after I ordered this morning.... So, I guess thats about 2 weeks in April.

I guess I got in just in time.

I think the "E" front tire is the same as the regular front tire. It's the same price anyway. The "E" rear runs about 10 bucks higher than the regular rear. On my first set, the front went 11,000 plus and the rear was gone in 4000. So, IMO, they only needed to improve the rear. We'll see.

Got my front yesterday, without ever actually buying a rear. Woulda been a cool scam, but I still need a rear tire soon.

I got an email from Pirelli today, finally, asking me about a second claim and canceling it, as "it wouldn't be fair if you got two promo tires". Well, since I was waiting to hear back about the first one before making another, I never did send in a second claim. They were cool with that.

I asked about the difference between the "E" and regular 180. If past performance is any indication of future results, I should hear something back in about three weeks or so.