Gathering Of The Clans, Part Deux?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pardon my speculation. I'm still waiting for the details, but sure you'll provide for a memorable experience.

Uh, I'm kinda taken in the 'get it on' department. However, I am up for gettin' 'er dun!

Nov. 5th - Total Control Clinic in Anaheim

Nov. 12th - Rick Mayer saddle ride-in (Redding)

Nov. 19th - Gathering lunch ride

What're the odds all three Saturdays will be dry? Probably not real good. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
What're the odds all three Saturdays will be dry? Probably not real good. Oh well.
Dude, that's just plain bad Kharma! Get in your happy place and chant, There is rain only on Mondays, never on weekends...'! Oohmmmmmmmm...

I just checked the farmers almanac. And there will be showers in Nov. hopefully they come after Nov.20 when all the riders are home safe and sound. This is from your unofficial FJR weather forecaster :D weekend rider

weekend rider wrote:

> I just checked the farmers almanac. And there will be showers in Nov. hopefully they come after Nov.20 when all the riders are home safe and sound. This is from your unofficial FJR weather forecaster

OK, sounds like a reasonable forecast to me! I'll only cancel if I hear of a impending tsunami the day before!

Donde esta mi Asparagus? :2handed:

Check this out, I just started looking into getting a Motel 6 room in the area and one possibility is getting one 24 miles north of Morro Bay, by the Hearst Castle, off the 1 for $36.00.

Motel 6 San Simeon - Hearst Castle Area #1212

9070 Castillo Drive

San Simeon, CA 93452

(805)927-8691

I've heard of the Hearst Castle but have never been there, is this something that is worth doing? They even have night tours available, and that sounds like it might be cool. Anyone have any experience with this area?

Anyway, I could check out Morro Bay and this Castle on Saturday and then drive through Solvang on the way home Sunday. Here’s another question I’ve been hesitant to ask, how is the LA traffic on a Sunday afternoon?

Has anyone other than myself planned on leaving on friday morning the 18th ?

if interested let me know leaving from woodland around 7:00am. I am going to have a nice leasureride down the coast on hwy.1

B) B) B) weekend rider

B) I'm a new guy to the FJR forum. I live in Yucaipa Ca. and used to go up to San Luis Obispo to vacation and golf. Love the area. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Count me in for lunch.

Thanks, Dan

Getsum..

I've heard of the Hearst Castle but have never been there, is this something that is worth doing?
Yeah, if you've not seen Hearst Castle before, it's pretty impressive. I know, to each his own, but the pure excessiveness of it is amazing. What the hell, you've already ridden all the way from SD, why not?

Also, Solvang has a nice motosickle musuem..

I always like to see and do as much as I can when I hit a destination.. Makes the trip, for me, more memorable.

Anyway you decide, the central coast area is pretty nice.. You'll have a good time.

Yeah, if you've not seen Hearst Castle before, it's pretty impressive. I know, to each his own, but the pure excessiveness of it is amazing. What the hell, you've already ridden all the way from SD, why not?
Also, Solvang has a nice motosickle musuem..
Yeah, I like to check things out as well. I made the reservation at the Motel 6 and the tour is only $20 so I'll check it out.

Welcome on board Dkirk, I'm also new here. I'll be leaving with several guys from san diego and orange county if we can figure out a place to stage a meeting place.

OK, my peeps, here’s the list of attendees as of 10/29/05

Twowheelnut – 2-up

Dcarver

Highlander – 2-up

GunMD

OrangvaleFJR – 2-up

Khunajawdge

Toecutter – 2-up

Rogue

Silveradoslick – 2-up

Ric n sac – 2-up

Bigdolma (Yey!!!!)

Fatnakedguy

Weekendrider

Bluestreak

Ojai Roy

ZZkenoman – 2-up

MCML – 2-up

Effjay (Yey!!!!)

03Silverbullet

04FJR – 2-up

Madmike2

Oopsie! ;)

Tinker

dkirk

Maybes:

Getsum

Cisco

Pennark

32 ‘Ins’ and 3 ‘maybes’. Post up, do I have this right so far?

O-Tay, folks! Here be da dealio!

Thanks to the suggestion of the local homie, Khunajawdge, we will now be meeting at Pete's Seaside Café and will be feasting on seafood paieja along with a special side of veggies w/ toasted sesame seeds prepared by the Khuna hissown bad self! It's 12 bucks a head not including your drinks. We have a limit of 35 people that he can feed on this batch so show up on time otherwise you'll have to scavenge with the gulls for leftovers!

To recap: November 19th, at 1:00 PM. Pete's Seaside Café on the pier of Port San Luis - N35 10.196 W120 45.242. Be advised that the Diablo Canyon Nuke Plant is located in this area so your GPS's will go flooey as you approach. Just keep heading toward the pier and you'll see Pete's on the left side. There is parking out on the pier for bikes, but not as many as we'll have. Some of us will have to park out in the main lot off the pier.

This joint ranks 'high' on the 'charm-o-meter' and from the aromas eminating from the kitchen when I was there we're all in for some good eats! There are limited tables and chairs, but plenty of great rails on which to lean and view the majestic Pacific Ocean! So, ladies and old folks get first dibs on the seats! (See Mike, I'm always looking out for you! :D ) When I was their on Tuesday, it was about 62 degrees with a good wind blowing outta the north. I would suggest that you all bring some warm clothes to add if it gets chilly; we're dining outdoors!

See you there!

TWN

Khuna - you have mail!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest that you all bring some warm clothes to add if it gets chilly; we're dining outdoors!
So, you think the outdoor dining part will be chillier than the temps with the 80mph wind chill we'll be experiencing on the way there? Thanks for the heads-up! :blink:

But seriously, it sounds like a great time!

32 ‘Ins’ and 3 ‘maybes’. Post up, do I have this right so far? We have a limit of 35 people that he can feed on this batch...
Sounds like the deal is sold out. I like a party, but don't want a bunch of extra mouths cutting into my "feasting". ;)