Gathering Of The Clans, Part Deux?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you get a chance, follow "Mr. Smooth"  :D   and see how many of your recent lessons you can put into practice.
I was allowed to go only on the premise that I would not be "honing my skills" unless I was alone on the bike. No need to go advanced when taking corners at the posted speed recommendation. Exceptions can be made only when late for a meal meeting. :D

(one of us is wimping out--something about sleep deprivation).
A Venti Starbuck's would probably hold you 'til Fresno if you run 85-90, where you could pick up some of our world famous Meth, then you're good to go for about three days :D

Then you could change your handle to TweakerMike!

Turbo Dave,

I am in Diamond Bar, FatNakedguy is close by as well..we are planning on leaving here to meet the "NUT JOB" and the rest of the gang in Ventura for a group ride.

Let me know

BigD

[SIZE=14pt]Big D, Naked Fat Boy and DKirk,[/SIZE]

Sounds like a good idea to meet at the Shell station at the intersection of I/CA210 and Foothill Blvd. between La Vern and San Dimas at 0700 on Saturday morning 19 November. After meeting and saying hello, we will depart for Ventura to meet up with TWN for a real nice gathering of FJRs.

To each of you, please let me know if the place and time are ok.

TWN, if possible email me your cell phone number so I can keep you up to date on arrival time at Jack in Box in Ventura. If we all join up at San Dimas we should make Ventura by NLT 0830.

Thanks to all and look forward to riding with the group.

TurboDave

Something came up (long story) and I need to be home in the evening of Nov 19th (Sat).

What time will we all be meeting for lunch? I'm thinking of making the ride and then heading home after the lunch.

Thanks!

Lunch is at 1:00pm. I think most of the attendees are riding home afterward. We *might* throw the tent on board in case the weather is real nice. Mmm, seafood!

Rick, I will be heading back to L.A. after lunch, also. The 20th is my daughter's birthday.

I'm zooming back after lunch, too. Gonna main-line the 101. Boring, but true. Word. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be staying with friends in Long Beach Friday night, meeting at Jack's in Ventura Saturday morning for the ride up, then crashing at the Beast Western in Morro Bay. Seafood is my friend.

Just confirming (well, actually seeking information that I am too lazy to research by scrolling back through this entire thread and besides others might also appreciate cofirmation) that the gathering of the southern clan for the ride north will be at the Jack In The Box just east of the 101 off ramp at Victoria Avenue (near Cal Coast) at 09:00 h. If this information is not correct please let me know.

TWN:

Guarantied to be Harley free! 
HAH! Just for that I AM going to ride my ULTRA to the pier... no, not OFF the pier, but ON the pier, then be sure to park RIGHT NEXT TO YOU!

OK, so I won't really - have to make a right hand turn at the nuke plant just after the fine 'KwanaGeorge' feast to make some $$ to buy the 06 FeeJay...

Then again I sure am tempted.. just to take a quick pix of your FJ and the Ultra... kinda like ebony and ivory, eh? Heck, I might even post the pix here for all your fans :bigeyes: :D :lol:

Just Kiddin' TWN..

Then again....

The more I think about it...

Hope there is still time to jump into this "GATHERING"?

Anyone else from around Gilroy going?

Count me in if there is still room.

If things work out I will probably be able to share my house in Gilroy with some riders coming from Sacramento or from up north.

Let me know if anyone wants to stay and I'll check it out with the wife.

Best to email me at address below so that I know I will get the message.

Gilroy is a great ride to Avila. probably take HWY 25 and Indian Valley Rd to 101 then about a 30 to 45 min ride into Avila. Total time is about 3 1/2 hours. Great riding roads!!!

We have 2 extra bedrooms since both kids are away at college and a big garage to store our precious bikes.

Rogerc

[email protected]

Update, 14 November 2005

[SIZE=14pt]The List [/SIZE]

Twowheelnut

Dcarver

Highlander – 2-up

GunMD

Khunajawdge

Toecutter – 2-up

Rogue

Silveradoslick – 2-up

Ric n sac – 2-up

Bigdolma (Yey!!!!)

Fatnakedguy

Weekendrider

Bluestreak

Ojai Roy

Carla

MCML – 2-up

Effjay (Yey!!!!)

03Silverbullet

04FJR – 2-up

Khunajawdge

Tinker

Dkirk

TurboDave

Getsum

RogerC

JoeS - 2-up

Maybes:

Cisco

Pennark

33 ‘Ins’ and 2 ‘maybes’. Final head count is [SIZE=14pt]NEEDED BY WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON!!!! [/SIZE]

At the Jack-in-the-Box at 9:00 am, I have the following loons meeting me:

Rogue

Bigdolma

FatNakedGuy

Ojai Roy (We'll prolly pick him up in Ojai...)

EffJay

MCML

DKirk

TurboDave

Getsum

GunMD

Carla

(I will have a route plan for each of you should you get separated from the group. In short, we're heading east on the 126, west on 150, west on 192, west on 154, north on Foxen Canyon, north on Tepesquet, west on 166, then north on the 101 to lunch.)

Let me know if I've missed anyone!

What could be better than good friends, fast bikes, squiggly California roads and fresh seafood Paeija? Woot!

TWN :D