Gathering Of The Clans, Part Deux?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim, would you know who I can talk to at Cal Coast Motorsports regarding purchasing new Avons prior to the trip?

Ojai Roy gave me a contact name at CCMS and told me they were the best place to purchase tires, but I've misplaced the information and haven't seen Roy on any message boards for quite some time (is he OK?).

Thanks!

Call the parts counter and ask for Tim. I think he's the top dog behind the counter. They may not have the Avons in stock, but if you call them today, they should have them in by Friday.

And yes, Roy is alive and kicking! He'll be with us Saturday. He's left the boards due to 'too many opinionated dick heads to deal with'. IIRC, he made a simple, harmless post in the gulag known as EZboard and got unjustifiably slammed by a bunch of asshats. Forget the exact deal, but I do remember his frustration...

Looks like I can't make it on the 19th, still here in colorado looking for a house. So you'll have to deduct my wife and I. Hopefully I will make the next one if I haven't moved yet! Thanks for the invite, I was totally looking forward to meeting new folks, now I have to find out if there are any FJR owners in colorado.

Avon 45/46 combo

$86.95 front

$116.95 rear

plus tax

No charge for mounting/balancing. That is a good price, right?

I remember that thing with Roy on the other board. As you say, I recall a couple asshats riding him. Makes sense that he bailed. It'll be good to see him again this weekend!

DKirk and I will depart the Shell Station at Foothill and CA 210, San Dimas, at 0715 to head for Ventura. Should make JITB o/a 0830, ready to head to Avila Beach. If others from Inland Empire want to join up, then please advise. :assasin:

Avon 45/46 combo$86.95 front

$116.95 rear

plus tax

No charge for mounting/balancing. That is a good price, right?

I remember that thing with Roy on the other board. As you say, I recall a couple asshats riding him. Makes sense that he bailed. It'll be good to see him again this weekend!
:good: But, you have to bring them the rims for N/C M & B...

Looks like I can't make it on the 19th, still here in colorado looking for a house. So you'll have to deduct my wife and I. Hopefully I will make the next one if I haven't moved yet! Thanks for the invite, I was totally looking forward to meeting new folks, now I have to find out if there are any FJR owners in colorado.
Sorry you can't make it! Good luck with the house hunting. :good:

Still looking for some San Jose area FJR riders to meet up with this Saturday the 19th for the "Gathering of the Clan". :huh:

Just post here or email me at [email protected] so we can make arrangements.

Also my house is available Friday night for anyone needing a place to stay.

I live in Gilroy so it is a very comfortable ride to Avila with great roads etc.

Sorry won't be able to offer a place on Saturday night.... already have other duties I have to attend with the wife.

Just email me so I can give you the info.

Rogerc

[SIZE=21pt]LAST CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

Update, 16 November 2005

[SIZE=14pt]The List [/SIZE]

Twowheelnut

Dcarver

Highlander – 2-up

GunMD

Khunajawdge

Toecutter – 2-up

Rogue

Silveradoslick – 2-up

Ric n sac – 2-up

Bigdolma

Fatnakedguy

Weekendrider

Bluestreak

Ojai Roy

Carla

MCML – 2-up

Effjay

03Silverbullet

04FJR – 2-up

Khunajawdge

Tinker

Dkirk

TurboDave

Getsum

RogerC

JoeS

rdfrantz

Pennark

Maybes:

Cisco

34 ‘Ins’ and 1 ‘maybes’. Final head count is [SIZE=14pt]NEEDED BY THIS AFTERNOON!!!! [/SIZE]

At the Jack-in-the-Box at 9:00 am, I have the following loons meeting me:

Rogue

Bigdolma

FatNakedGuy

Ojai Roy (We'll prolly pick him up in Ojai...)

EffJay

MCML

DKirk

TurboDave

Getsum

GunMD

Carla

JoeS

rdfrantz

(I will have a route plan for each of you should you get separated from the group. In short, we're heading east on the 126, west on 150, west on 192, west on 154, north on Foxen Canyon, north on Tepesquet, west on 166, then north on the 101 to lunch.)

Let me know if I've missed anyone!

[SIZE=21pt]Paeija!!! [/SIZE]Woot!

TWN :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: JoeS's is riding alone...

OK, boys and girls. I just got a PM from rdfrantz, who looks to be an 'in'. That brings the count to 33, which means we have two more slots for the paeija feast. This is not to say that you can't come, but rather paeija is being made for 35 peeps. Others will have to order off the regular menu.

And there ain't no way in Hell I'm giving up my bowl-o-paeija!! ;)

Departure day friday the 18th. 2005 between the hour of 7am to 8am route I-5 to 152 than hwy. 1 to Monteray next stop . Next stop San Simeon. On saturday, than to Morrow bay, see yah at the restraunt on saturday

:clap: :clap: :clap: weekend rider

Pennark slid in under the wire! It's official, head count is 34 for paeija on Saturday!!!!!!!

See y'all then! Ride safe, ride fast and don't be late; Toecutter is bringing a big appetite and extra utensils!!!!!! :D ;)