Gen II Crash Bar Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried calling stephine today and the number was disconnected, what number are you guys calling?
The number on their website... I just tried it and it's NOT disconnected...

Don't be scaring me like that....

For questions on our products, services, or to schedule an event contact:

Aaron Celiceo at (619) 210-4777

or e-mail [email protected] For ordering info contact:

Stephanie at (619) 210-3787

or e-mail [email protected]
I tried Stephanie today and the first time I heard a funny noise after it rang a few times and then it went dead. I called back and after it rang, it kicked over to her voice mail so I left a message. Stephanie has not returned the call yet so maybe she is not in today. I reiterated to her that, since mine were going to Garauld for painting, I want them to be sure of the AE fitment before they send to Garauld. I do trust them since they are working hard with everyone but did make note of my final dispute date on the calendar.

I arrived home tonight to find a box on my front porch which I assume is my replacement right side. It's like fooking cold here still, but is expected to warm up this weekend and I'll venture to install it then.

I encourage any of you who have questions, not to jump to conclusions, simply call them and/or email Stephanie. They have been very, very responsive. Sometimes it does take her a day to answer emails.

They are a smallish shop but have worked very very hard to make us all happy. In fact she said it has been a pleasure working with us. This is their first foray into the touring industry. The folks they tend to deal with generally fall into the immature, and impatient category. What I call generation 'E' the entitled generation :)

Treat racing905 and Stephanie with respect and a little patience and they won't disappoint.

-MD

Got my bars a couple days ago. Installed the fronts and they look great. The pictures in the directions should be closer to show more detail, especially the proper positioning of the clearance notch on the lower cross bar. The notched area clears good but there is one other spot that is real close to a screw boss on the front of the engine. Probably ok, just nit picking.

Has anybody come up with some good looking highway pegs and mounts yet?

I've only installed the right rear bar and I'm not digging it. It looks like they might cause more damage than without, like bent muffler and or broken aluminum upper muffler mount. I'm wondering when tested if the bike was "dropped" or gently laid over? Also there's no footpeg mounts like shown in the direction pics. I'm gonna call them later today but thought I'd see what you all have to say.

I tried Stephanie today and the first time I heard a funny noise after it rang a few times and then it went dead. I called back and after it rang, it kicked over to her voice mail so I left a message. Stephanie has not returned the call yet so maybe she is not in today. I reiterated to her that, since mine were going to Garauld for painting, I want them to be sure of the AE fitment before they send to Garauld. I do trust them since they are working hard with everyone but did make note of my final dispute date on the calendar.
I heard back from Stephanie by email since it was late evening here. Here is her note:

"Hello John,

Sorry I did not get a chance to return your call earlier today.  I realized after I looked at your information that you are 3 hours ahead of me and it might be a little impolite to call you during the evening.  I received your message about the bars going to Gary or Gerauld?? Your order was the only one I held back for the FJR 1300AE.  I know you are paying extra to have those bars painted by him, so I did want to make sure they were a perfect fit.  I know 2 individuals said that their bars were cut a little too close, however I had Adrian take the bars to the Yamaha dealer and they cleared the electronic box perfectly fine.   I have a 3rd guy who is going to measure them and install them, he has an 07 and the other 2 guys have an 06.  I'm not sure if there is a difference as of yet between the years.  It has been a little bit of a challenge for us to make these bars without having a bike at our shop to work off of, but we are trying our best to get them exactly the way they need to be .  I'll put the bars on hold from shipment until all is a perfect fit.  (If you don't mind waiting a little bit more.) "

Anyway, she is making sure my AE bars are right before they send them to Gary for painting. It sounds like Gary should have all of them now with the exception of mine. Gary will be an expert with these bars before he gets mine.

Sure hoping to see more pics of all these new installs...just saying... B)
If I post any more, people will start to think I am vain! :dribble:
You are, but that's beside the point ;) I would imagine some folks are waiting to see these bars on other color bikes. I may get mine on this evening and will take some pics this week.

-MD

Got my bars a couple days ago. Installed the fronts and they look great. The pictures in the directions should be closer to show more detail, especially the proper positioning of the clearance notch on the lower cross bar. The notched area clears good but there is one other spot that is real close to a screw boss on the front of the engine. Probably ok, just nit picking.Has anybody come up with some good looking highway pegs and mounts yet?

I've only installed the right rear bar and I'm not digging it. It looks like they might cause more damage than without, like bent muffler and or broken aluminum upper muffler mount. I'm wondering when tested if the bike was "dropped" or gently laid over? Also there's no footpeg mounts like shown in the direction pics. I'm gonna call them later today but thought I'd see what you all have to say.
Just got off the phone with Stephanie. She's so sweet it makes my teeth hurt! A+ customer service! They still plan to send out sliders as soon as they get them redesigned to fit the bars.

Rear bars: If you don't like them for whatever reason, return for refund, no problem. The original design did not have rear footpeg mounts, but George decided later that he wanted them so they welded mounts on his set. Stephanie said send them back and they will weld some on if I want. As for design, strength and drop testing, she said that was George's baby. 905 had very little input as to the design.

So now I need to decide whether to keep the rears or not. Guess I'll be staring at the bike for a few hours tonight!

Got my bars a couple days ago. Installed the fronts and they look great. The pictures in the directions should be closer to show more detail, especially the proper positioning of the clearance notch on the lower cross bar. The notched area clears good but there is one other spot that is real close to a screw boss on the front of the engine. Probably ok, just nit picking.Has anybody come up with some good looking highway pegs and mounts yet?

Just got off the phone with Stephanie. She's so sweet it makes my teeth hurt! A+ customer service! They still plan to send out sliders as soon as they get them redesigned to fit the bars.

Rear bars: If you don't like them for whatever reason, return for refund, no problem. The original design did not have rear footpeg mounts, but George decided later that he wanted them so they welded mounts on his set. Stephanie said send them back and they will weld some on if I want. As for design, strength and drop testing, she said that was George's baby. 905 had very little input as to the design.

So now I need to decide whether to keep the rears or not. Guess I'll be staring at the bike for a few hours tonight!
Oh Shite!

It never dawned on me that these used the rear foot peg mounts, and that the bars that I probably have don't have mounts.

Uh....

I won't be mounting them if that's the case.

Rear2.JPG

I left the Wild Bill footpeg mounting plates on the left and right side of the lower engine area and redrilled the mounting holes on the plate to relocate the footpegs. sorry no pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
bars shipped today! w00t...might be here by friday! yay!

course I just inherited another project bike, an old Honda Gyro-it's a three wheel scooter that pivots around the back wheels to lean.

so I'll have a choice between 1300cc s and 50ccs (or 80 if i figure out what 'big bore" kit will fit it)when I ride :)

{/ quote} I spoke to Stephanie last night about the rear setup and she never told me to send them back if I wanted the mount welded on. She told me she is sending mounts out neccesary for mounting the footpegs. I guess I have to call her back and get it straighened out.

{/ quote} I spoke to Stephanie last night about the rear setup and she never told me to send them back if I wanted the mount welded on. She told me she is sending mounts out neccesary for mounting the footpegs. I guess I have to call her back and get it straighened out.
She did say that might be an option, but the way I understood her the mounts weren't made yet. Maybe I misunderstood.

Alrighty... I just got off the phone with Aaron and Steph. Did I mention these folks have been outstanding to work with?

I tried to mount my fronts tonight and couldn't get them to fit... Partially because they sent me a right side (at my request) that had a smaller tube, and my rear engine bolt was literally backwards. In from the left side, not the right. Backwards from even the fiche drawings. Once I figured that out, it was game on. They fit perfectly.

The rears though will need to wait. I can't give up my pegs and the first 10 orders or so for the rears don't have peg mounts. Apparently George's original design didn't include them and that was the jig they used. He came back a couple weeks later and had some welded on. You can see this difference in the first set of pics from the last set of pics.

The are working on a couple solutions to get rear pegs on our bars. It may end up that we need to just send them back, have the brackets welded on and have them re-coated.

So except for the current rear peg issue, all bars have shipped as of today (according to Stephanie). Unless you've asked her to hold off on shipping them.

They will have a Gen 1 in the shop tomorrow for fitment. Apparently they'll only have it for 4 hours. It would be really sweet if anyone else is near by that they can test fit them on after they are made.

That's it for now.

-MD

Alrighty... I just got off the phone with Aaron and Steph. Did I mention these folks have been outstanding to work with?
I tried to mount my fronts tonight and couldn't get them to fit... Partially because they sent me a right side (at my request) that had a smaller tube, and my rear engine bolt was literally backwards. In from the left side, not the right. Backwards from even the fiche drawings. Once I figured that out, it was game on. They fit perfectly.

The rears though will need to wait. I can't give up my pegs and the first 10 orders or so for the rears don't have peg mounts. Apparently George's original design didn't include them and that was the jig they used. He came back a couple weeks later and had some welded on. You can see this difference in the first set of pics from the last set of pics.

The are working on a couple solutions to get rear pegs on our bars. It may end up that we need to just send them back, have the brackets welded on and have them re-coated.

So except for the current rear peg issue, all bars have shipped as of today (according to Stephanie). Unless you've asked her to hold off on shipping them.

They will have a Gen 1 in the shop tomorrow for fitment. Apparently they'll only have it for 4 hours. It would be really sweet if anyone else is near by that they can test fit them on after they are made.

That's it for now.

-MD
Just came in from the shop trying to get used to the look of the rear bars. They still look big and ugly but so do broken and scratched bags! Function over form I guess.

I did come up with an idea for the rear pegs though. The rubber on the stock pegs is screwed on from the bottom with 2 small screws. I didn't take it apart to try it but it looks like you could drill 2 small holes through the bar and use longer screws to mount the rubber directly to the top of the bar. No welding, feet stay in original position, good grip. Would drilling 2 small holes weaken the bar? I think the bar attachment points will bend or break before the bar itself will bend. What do ya think?

Also there's no footpeg mounts like shown in the direction pics. I'm gonna call them later today but thought I'd see what you all have to say.
What?! I have to give up passengers if I install the rears? Or does this only apply to early deliveries? I can no longer find the pictures originally posted for the rears but I will keep looking.

Also there's no footpeg mounts like shown in the direction pics. I'm gonna call them later today but thought I'd see what you all have to say.
What?! I have to give up passengers if I install the rears? Or does this only apply to early deliveries? I can no longer find the pictures originally posted for the rears but I will keep looking.
Someone tell me this is a bad dream? Mine are on their way to Garuald now. If I can't have a pillion I'm done with them. Did I miss something during the course of this "group buy" that said we'd have to give up the passenger footpegs??

I found the pictures in a prior thread (see below). The passenger footpegs are clearly preserved. I guess I do not understand what the issue was with footpeg mounts?

I can not figure how to insert photos as a reply in this FJR website.
These are pics George emailed me, looks pretty nice and functional IMHO.

IMG_00391.jpg

IMG_00401.jpg

IMG_00421.jpg