Gen II Crash Bar Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received rear bars without footpeg access. Do we send ours back or will we be contacted about this oversight. Thanks

I received rear bars without footpeg access. Do we send ours back or will we be contacted about this oversight. Thanks
I would give them a call. I don't think they know just how they are going to handle it yet. But you want to make sure you let them know you do want the rear pegs.

-MD

I just installed my protection bars today on my 07 FJR AE today. Here are a few observations, the left side bar is hitting the plastic cover which is on the AE, the right side bar where it installs on the rear bolt doesn't have a angle cut on tube looks unfinished, but I think they may have forgotten to make that angel because I noticed it on other pics on forum. I also had a hard time getting the lower bar into position, I had to loosen up the left side bar to get it into position, I finally got it. The rears have to be exchanged for ones with rear foot pegs. And without the sliders in also looks unfinished.

I just installed my protection bars today on my 07 FJR AE today. Here are a few observations, the left side bar is hitting the plastic cover which is on the AE, the right side bar where it installs on the rear bolt doesn't have a angle cut on tube looks unfinished, but I think they may have forgotten to make that angel because I noticed it on other pics on forum. I also had a hard time getting the lower bar into position, I had to loosen up the left side bar to get it into position, I finally got it. The rears have to be exchanged for ones with rear foot pegs. And without the sliders in also looks unfinished.
I would take a photo of the bars if unfinished to share with racing905, anything that doesn't fit either.

I had to loosen both sides to get the middle bar in. I put the little caps in that they provided. I think it looks fine, but am still waiting on the sliders.

Has any ones AE bars fit properly on the shift side? also has any ones bars came pillion peg ready? It has been to damn cold here for me to work on mine yet.

Has any ones AE bars fit properly on the shift side? also has any ones bars came pillion peg ready? It has been to damn cold here for me to work on mine yet.
Bumped up for answer

I talked to Adrian at Racing 905 last week. He told me that they had modified the

left crash bar that would now fit the AEs. He said he would send me one. I have

not received it yet.

i emailed the ever-friendly and helpful Stephanie about the rear set footpeg issue...

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 13:28, <stephanie905@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Your set already has them welded on there.

Everyone might want to check if you haven't already. The news keeps getting better!

Has anyone attached some clamp-on pegs to these yet? I've been looking at them to put highway pegs on. I have the wb brackets on now, but they make me somewhat uncomfortable being bolted to the engine. If anyone has put pegs on, pics would be nice.

Has anyone attached some clamp-on pegs to these yet? I've been looking at them to put highway pegs on. I have the wb brackets on now, but they make me somewhat uncomfortable being bolted to the engine. If anyone has put pegs on, pics would be nice.
check post # 329, 5 March, this thread for pics for install of guards and mounting of WildBill pegs.

I have not, but that is my intention. I had Wild Bill pegs and found them woefully uncomfortable. All they did was bash my shins into the fairings. I did add pegs to my aluminum sliders, while they were ugly as hell, they worked out great last summer for my trip out west.

I could probably make these work on the bars but will likely look at some clamp ons. Should be fairly simple. Yet I have not had time.

-MD

check post # 329, 5 March, this thread for pics for install of guards and mounting of WildBill pegs.
I did see that post, but I am looking at eliminating WB pegs altogether. They worked good for my trip out west last year, but I just don't like the idea of them bolting to the engine. I have offsets on them and I'm worried about the torque I'm putting on them when I rest my feet on them. That's why I like the idea of clamp pegs on these crash bars, you could probably stand on them without hurting anything. Not that I would ever actually stand on them.

I have not, but that is my intention. I had Wild Bill pegs and found them woefully uncomfortable. All they did was bash my shins into the fairings. I did add pegs to my aluminum sliders, while they were ugly as hell, they worked out great last summer for my trip out west.

I could probably make these work on the bars but will likely look at some clamp ons. Should be fairly simple. Yet I have not had time.

-MD
I added offsets to keep my shins from hitting the fairing, and it helped, but they still hit some. If you get some mounted, please post some pics.

I'm waiting for the 905 sliders which Stephanie says will be coming as soon as they redesign them to fit the crash bar. I'm hoping they will mount by drilling a hole through the bar which you could also use to bolt on hwy pegs.

I'm waiting for the 905 sliders which Stephanie says will be coming as soon as they redesign them to fit the crash bar. I'm hoping they will mount by drilling a hole through the bar which you could also use to bolt on hwy pegs.
I don't have any "inside information", but I understood the sliders to be a bolt-on using extended engine mounting bolts. Not sure if this would help your cause. That said, why COULDN'T you just drill the tubing and bolt on a set of pegs? The best bet would be to drill a hole large enough for a small sleeve to be slid in, weld it and bolt through there. I have some shock-shims in mind that would do the trick. <_<

I got my rears mounted Saturday. On the left side, the hole in the guard for the stock footpeg mount was too far "inboard" so it was snugged against the mount but couldn't get the bolt in-took a few seconds with a dremel to correct that and fits nice now.

Was there supposed to be a replacement bolt/nut to mount the pillion footpegs? Mine came with the mount for them but I needed to use the stock bolts to mount the guard. If they're not supposed to be included, does anyone have the sizes I need to look for or order?

Got my bars today. Peg mounts included. Will post some pictures this weekend if I get the time to put them on.

A question if I might, ...what's the O.D. [& maybe I.D. or wall thickness too] of the main [large tubing] that these are made from?