Going to the Dark Side

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And here is SkooterG's FJR with that dumbass car tire on the back!
Senor Don S.,

I was just wondering...by any chance have you taken Mr. SkooterG's car tire FJR for a test ride yet???
No Doug, but I do plan doing that! I'll say this for Sir Crash-A-Lot, he doesn't ride through corners any slower than before!

He also seems to have adapted to it very quickly, considering he's not much smarter than a box of rocks (or RadioHowie!).

Last edited by a moderator:
6310218572_b5387ee581_z.jpg

Patriot:

You just had to go and get a sticker that's cooler than everybody else's...

Gary

darksider #44
A graphics friend of mine made these for me and will sell them at very reasonable prices

you too can be cool and have a CT at the same time

any color, any size >3 inches...reflective or solid...your choice

shoot me an email -> mholiver at patriotguard dot org and I'll hook you up

So, Mikey. What do ya think, sofar?
Exalto is the bomb

seriously, I dont realize the tire is there anymore after 1000mi

unless I'm on an irregular surface and the bike wants to track to the side a bit

but nothing that's a problem...its a natural reflex to grib a bit tighter

a concern I considered before was that I can relax cruising the slab with AVCC set and my left hand only lighty on the handlebars with right hand resting in my lap. I change lanes as gradually or as abruptly as I want. I can quickly change hands and waive with my left hand.

All that has not changed.

I couldn't be happier.

and the lowest price I've found for the tire is a mere $155...cheaper than a PR2

thanx to Eric and everyone that came to the darkside before me

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-NEW-205-50-17-MICHELIN-PILOT-EXALTO-A-S-50R17-R17-50R-TIRE-/190587585769?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Section+Width%3A205%7CAspect+Ratio%3A50%7CRim+Diameter%3A17&vxp=mtr&hash=item2c5fe7c4e9

Mike, that's pretty much the same impression I've had. I tried really hard to virtualize what Fred's impressions were about riding the windy roads, but really don't see it with this tire. I put mine on before going up to WCR on Vancouver Island last fall and now have 15k on it. It'll last another 20 at least. Wouldn't change a thing. :yahoo:

A graphics friend of mine made these for me and will sell them at very reasonable prices

you too can be cool and have a CT at the same time

any color, any size >3 inches...reflective or solid...your choice

Ed Morgan who is "Advantage Design" (info below) is who made the one's I have

Email Ed Morgan at email: advantage-design at att dot net

Ed Morgan

Advantage-Design

www.advantage-design.net

just let him know what you want...size, color, reflective or not; and your contact/shipping address

he has done a lot of stickers over the years that are on my bike and trailer...I couldn't be happier with his work and reasonable prices

a lot of his stuff on ebay which gave me ideas of what I wanted

he prices each job separately

6310218572_b5387ee581_z.jpg

RossonDragon.jpg

Non-extreme riding car tire on the Dragon. No problems from Skyline Drive, through Blueridge Parkway, Smokey Mtn NP, Dragon and Cherohala Skyway. Tire felt "planted" and I almost forgot it was there.

Non-extreme riding car tire on the Dragon. No problems from Skyline Drive, through Blueridge Parkway, Smokey Mtn NP, Dragon and Cherohala Skyway. Tire felt "planted" and I almost forgot it was there.
Ya gotta admit, though....that front is "ridging-up" pretty badly.

Ya gotta admit, though....that front is "ridging-up" pretty badly.

Yeah, I noticed that. The front PR2 is pretty much done; wasn't new when I put the CT on. Figure I'll go through about another three of them before the Exalto gets changed out. It will be interesting to see if the lifetime of the front is diminished because of using the CT. I thought it was a pretty good picture (Killboy).

Well here it is folks: Look at that happy, astounded, elated and impressed expression on the latest Darkside rider, I was so excited about just putting 50 miles on SkooterG's car tired FJR I almost shit myself (well actually, there was one little shart in my undies!). Papa Chuy Viejo is now a Car Tire Convert!

100_0815.jpg

I have to admit it though, if a person could ride blindfolded (only Fairlaner and FJRONAMISSION can do that!), I would have sworn I was on my own MT equipped Miss Lucy Liu. Seriously, even though I rode from Prescott to Cordes Junction, Arizona on roads which were sweepers: I could not really tell any difference.

100_0817-1.jpg

There were 50 miles on our Ranch House Restaurant Run through Yarnell Grade and White Spars that would have given me many extreme twisties to try out, GregM did offer me the chance however. The only negative aspects of riding a car tire that I found are the following: 1) I had an insatiable thirst to drink cat's blood. 2) I am now really looking forward to long soaks in the hot tub with RaYzerman19, doug5551 and Eric-OCFjr. 3) I have this overwhelming desire to engage in FJR Forum wife swapping. I am really beginning to think that the only reason that FredW did not care for the car tire is that he hates the taste of cat's blood.

100_0816.jpg

There was one very small glitch though: As I rode past the "Prancing Stallion" gay bar in Dewey, AZ the handlebars twitched towards the place. But I think that there is a good reason for this problem: Bustanut joker, wfooshee and RadioHowie's FJR's were parked at the front entrance to this Happy Cabaret.

FOOTNOTE: When my newly mounted Pirelli Angels wear out on my Miss Lucy Liu, I'm switching over to a car tire. I can find absolutely no valid reason not to go to a car tire on an FJR; REALLY! Riding 8.5K miles to CFR-Fredericton/Cabot Trail, NS completely wore out my Michelin Pilot Road 2's to the metal cords. There's no doubt in my military mind that I can make 3 trips to the Atlantic Ocean and back to Arizona on one car tire with the same or comparable handling!

There was one very small glitch though: As I drove past the "Prancing Stallion" gay bar...
Seriously, that about sums it up. You *drive* a motobike with a car tire. You *ride* a motobike with a moto tire.

There was one very small glitch though: As I rodepast the "Prancing Stallion" gay bar...
Seriously, that about sums it up. You *rode* a motobike with a car tire. You *ride* a motobike with a moto tire.
I fixed it, ya Fucktard! Don, I am not kidding: There really is no discernible difference between a CT and an MT on 90% of highway riding with sweepers. Now, I do have to go back to Yarnell Grade and White Spars with SkootyG to test it out on extreme twisties! But I would be shocked if the CT doesn't perform well on the tight/curvy stuff!