Going to the Dark Side

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I ever get down your way RH, Dragos is on the list for chow. I've had BBQ oysters from a local vendor at seafood festivals here, but he doesn't do them any other time. Last time I had 16 and had to fight off the GF after she stole 2 from my platter of 18. Beotch learned where my priorities are! Stay back from the food!!

I was getting a forbidden label on the pics too, but now they show up. Went to the site and checked out the full menu. OMG!

Lobster how it should be served

If I ever get down your way RH, Dragos is on the list for chow. I've had BBQ oysters from a local vendor at seafood festivals here, but he doesn't do them any other time. Last time I had 16 and had to fight off the GF after she stole 2 from my platter of 18. Beotch learned where my priorities are! Stay back from the food!!
I was getting a forbidden label on the pics too, but now they show up. Went to the site and checked out the full menu. OMG!

Lobster how it should be served
Eric, I just clicked the link you gave us and all that is there is a picture of RadioHowie wearing a red teddy, pearl necklace and a Cher wig! Steve is actually a very attractive and sensuous older man!!!

Eric, I just clicked the link you gave us and all that is there is a picture of RadioHowie wearing a red teddy, pearl necklace and a Cher wig! Steve is actually a very attractive and sensuous older man!!!
Freud would have a lot of work with you Don. I suggest you immediately head to the best rib joint in town to help balance your desires. ;)

Freud would have a lot of work with you Don. I suggest you immediately head to the best rib joint in town to help balance your desires. ;)
I think the word balance and Don in the same sentence...is kinda like matter and anti-matter. I just doesn't happen naturally.

Man OCfjr, ribs do sound really good! Closest good ribs are in South Phoenix at Honey Bear's; but that is in a bad part of town on a Saturday night, gangland territory. Link to lobster is "forbidden" again.

Tried Firefox, still can't see the food pics. WANNA SEE FOOD!!!!

IE is red X's, Firefox is just blank space. Don't have Chrome, it's useless for the secure sites I use at work, so I removed it.

Well, I'll go dig up some REAL food around here somewhere, then.

Ooh, look! Cinnabon! :D

Newbie here to this forum, i have been reading the Darkside thread for awhile now and have decided to go ahead and just do it. Just like the rest of the members i was tired of replacing the tire every year, so Sunday night I ordered the Bridgestone 019 Grid from Tire Rack ($129.04 shipped to my door). It came tuesday night and i brought it and the wheel with me to work today and mounted it. It went on a lot easier than i had expected. I had the old tire dismounted and the new one mounted and aired up in 15 minutes! I got home and went right to work installing it. I didn't make a new caliper bracket, instead i moved it "out" and used the same bolt from the inside with the nut in between the ears. I did have to grind down a little on the edge where it rubbed on the swing arm. To me that seemed like the easiest option and cheaper than buying one. Sorry, but i'm kinda cheap that way. Once everything was back together i backed it out and went down the road a bit and yes it's gonna take a little getting used to. But it's not all that bad. I have only put 20 miles on it tonight. It shouldn't be too long getting used to it as i drive 75 miles each day to and from work. that's probably nothing to some of you! So far i'm happy with it and it looks really good on there!

Darksider #24???

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the club. After a thousand miles or so you will completly forget it is there. It took me about 200 miles to get used to it. At 1000 I forgot about it except people keep asking me if I know it is there!

Another sees the Dark! Welcome, brother!

Brake arm handled exactly the same as I did, including the grinding to clear the swingarm.

Gee, wheredja get the idea? Post #1031, perhaps ??? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
dupontrob2000

Welcome to the Darkside. One note however, now you are going to have to carry cookies on the bike.

I think that big ass hunk of meat looks bitchn' on the back there ! :mace:

What's fun is when you don't tell anyone. I've had several people do a double take when the spot it. The look on their face is priceless.

As for this thread, I gave up trying to read all of it around about page 48.

Brodie

Welcome to the Darkside dupontrob. Yes, you are Darksider #24.

Don't forget, while cookies are the daytime offering, Frescaritas are the nighttime offering. (Tequila is involved)

I spent last weekend at the Hells Canyon Motorcycle Rally in Baker City, OR manning a booth for IBA info. Having the Feej out front of the booth for people to see got some interesting looks and double takes from the mostly V-twin cruiser crowd. My favorite response was to walk over and ask if they thought my tire was squaring off yet. Still some life left at 32k miles.

Ordered Pilot A/S yesterday from the local dealer who was kind enough to mount my last CT for $3.

Tire will be $190, he said he just had another 8% price increase. Gotta love these non-inflationary times!

That's $50 more than the Internet Yokohama, sounds like it could last longer (still incredibly cheap tire mileage). I got a little over 20,000 out of the Yokohama.

I spent last week riding in AR, noticed a nail in the rear the first night-holding air so I just kept riding and checking pressure each morning, never lost a pound. Possibly another plus for the CT. Ian, Iowa

Good to be on the darkside! so far it's going good. i did have to trim my center stand last night after i noticed some rubbing on the right side. i am getting used to it real quick, i got on it this morning and didn't even think about it and i was throwing it around just like before. I love it and can't wait to see how many miles i can get out of it. Thanks to everyone who tried and tested it before, that made it easier for me to do. :yahoo:

Here is my Yokohama AVS dB before and after 10500 km. The only issue so far has been the slight weave at high speed (200+ km/h) mentioned earlier in this thread. I must still up the pressure a bit and go and try it out again.

791360857_7Khqs-M.jpg
905497428_b4CoD-M.jpg

Local guy here who sold his FJR offered me his tire (20Km) and modified brake stay for a $100. I might try it if I decide to make the run out to WFO.

Here is my Yokohama AVS dB before and after 10500 km. The only issue so far has been the slight weave at high speed (200+ km/h) mentioned earlier in this thread. I must still up the pressure a bit and go and try it out again.
Nice to see minimal wear after 6500 miles. Many Moto tires would be shot by then.

Not a lot of chances for me to get to 200 kph or more for sustained runs in the US. At least w/o going to jail. Be careful during your testing. :D

Hey all,

Have read the DS FAQ, and a lot of this thread. I'm looking to DS my '05 soon, and just wondering if there's any developed consensus yet on which tire seems to be working out best. Is it still the 019, or are we thinking there's a better option? If there's no consensus. . of the tires that folks have tried, are there any you'd NOT use again?