Grip Puppies...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They do take some getting use to but I like them. I have them on all my bikes. Between a throttle spring unwind, one inch bar risers,a heavy throttle meister, gel leather gloves and a good throttle sync its considerably more comfy....

Scott

Installed Sunline Grand Touring Grips last Thurs. After 800+ miles they are a definite improvement over stock. They are harder than stock so if you ride without gloves you may not like that aspect. I never ride without gloves so minimal issue for me. So far I haven't put the Bar Weights back on. NO additional vibration has been noticed. I don't think my 04 has the buzz that some seem to experience. May put the Weights on later. These Grips were $12 and well worth it to me.

FYI; Used the Grip Puppies for several weeks. OK but the contour of the Sunlines is more comfortable, too me.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 on the grip puppies. I usually get about 1.5 seasons out of set before i need to replace them. Definitly helps with bar vibration.

GreyGoose

I rode the first 1,300 miles on my '09 with the stock grips. I added the grip puppies before a long trip as I was getting some wrist pain. A 1,700 mile trip and no pain, so I left them on. Now I have approx 5,000 miles and I still like them. They do feel a little large, but way better then stock. For less then $10.00 it is definitely worth trying.

I use the grip puppies combined with a "throttle rocker" (best $8 I ever spent) and I find them great...no need for cruise or anything else to provide relief
Grip Puppies + Rocker + Throttlemeister works great for me. I find with the TMeister at near stiff, I can release most of the hand pressure from the throttle grip and rest my palm on the TRocker.

put a set on,rode to cfr with them,there ok but get a better feel for the bike in the lefts and rights ( i hate the fkn phrase "twistys" ).just my 2 cents worth.

arent twistys red rope licorace