• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Heli Group Buy..... (ends 11/15/2008)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine was delivered today, Thanks again Chris_D! Hopefully I'll get it installed this week and tested this weekend. Woo Hoo!

Mine was delivered late yesterday.

Now I only need time to inatall it.

Thanks again Chris.

Joe

im in the middle of installing, not enough time in the day, i raised the tank slightly, do not think it needs to come off totally......am i right? the only thing you need is access to the plugs for the IGN ?

Last edited by a moderator:
im in the middle of installing, not enough time in the day, i raised the tank slightly, do not think it needs to come off totally......am i right? the only thing you need is access to the plugs for the IGN ?
Just raise it up and then you can get to the plugs. They are on the left side if you are sitting on the bike. The hardest part is drilling the original bolts. Punch them square in the middle then make sure you have the three correct drill bits. Also make sure the bits are sharp.

thanks Johnny, oh and dont worry about having the right bit. My only problem is which type.....could never pass up a sale on new bits ;-)

Just raise it up and then you can get to the plugs. They are on the left side if you are sitting on the bike. The hardest part is drilling the original bolts. Punch them square in the middle then make sure you have the three correct drill bits. Also make sure the bits are sharp.

Thanks Johnny :angry2: (J/K) im looking and looking & saying WTF no wires on the left side. Not your fault,you where just upping my skills. Mine where on the right side of the tank. anyway mine are on, i havent put the seat on yet cause i have a few things under there to play with. :assassin: Did anyone notice that on turning fully right axis the cluch hose is tight?

and does anyone know the threads of the 2 ram mount holes?

Oh and i measured befor and after on the centerstand. It seems i only gained 1/2" up on the bars, but the important part is 1" back. :yahoo: my short arms are happy.

Thanks Bob

CHRIS D.

I cant thank you enough for this group buy! I was too late on the last one but now, I have the Heli installed and absolutely love it! For me it is the most comfortable farkle so far!! :bike: :clapping: :bike: :bike: :bike: :bike:

Thanks Johnny :angry2: (J/K) im looking and looking & saying WTF no wires on the left side. Not your fault,you where just upping my skills. Mine where on the right side of the tank. anyway mine are on, i havent put the seat on yet cause i have a few things under there to play with. :assassin: Did anyone notice that on turning fully right axis the cluch hose is tight?

and does anyone know the threads of the 2 ram mount holes?

Oh and i measured befor and after on the centerstand. It seems i only gained 1/2" up on the bars, but the important part is 1" back. :yahoo: my short arms are happy.

Thanks Bob
I meant my other left. :rolleyes:

I'd love to order one of these. It'd definately help on the reach. But with the way things are right now, I just can't afford it. It's definately on my wish list. You ran group buy back in June or so and it ended right when I bought the bike so I hadn't had a chance to test the bike out to see if I needed something like this. After riding a while I decided I'd get one with the next group buy. Unfortunately, timing and lack of funds just isn't going to allow me to do it this time. Hopefully you'll run one again in the spring and I'll pick one up then. Everyone appreciates that fact that you set these up.

Even though I'm not able to take advantage of this great deal THANK YOU!!!