How fast have you been

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You see!We could have avoided all this if we had just gave him a good clean dog piling from the beginning. But no! Some pease lovin admin had to come in a start quoting The Byrds (which was actually The Who) and now cooc-a-mungo hasent learned his lesson yet.
Just WHO are you calling an admin? :no2: The last time I checked the admins/moderators were Slappy, Iggy, Skooter and....oh yeah, how could I forget...Warchild. Yep, found this link!

If you thought I was an admin, I sincerely thank you for the compliment, believing I ranked with such esteemed company but you are mistaken. :mega_shok: I am just a member like everyone else. The frustration of moderating this place would make me more :crazy: than I already am!

Last edited by a moderator:
You see!We could have avoided all this if we had just gave him a good clean dog piling from the beginning. But no! Some pease lovin admin had to come in a start quoting The Byrds (which was actually The Who) and now cooc-a-mungo hasent learned his lesson yet.
Just WHO are you calling an admin? :no2: The last time I checked the admins/moderators were Slappy, Iggy, Skooter and....oh yeah, how could I forget...Warchild. Yep, found this link!

If you thought I was an admin, I sincerely thank you for the compliment, believing I ranked with such esteemed company but you are mistaken. :mega_shok: I am just a member like everyone else. The frustration of moderating this place would make me more :crazy: than I already am!
Oh my bad, it musta been your natural learership skills :rolleyes:

-actually never really check'd but hey lets celibrate you new found fame :drinks:

Ah shit! I knew I put my wiener somewhere.... Sorry! :unsure: :jester:
Oh i thought that was just a chunk of calamari :rolleyes:
Betcha don't have lunch at Fencers again now will ya :unsure:

:jester:
Was that where the calamari came from? all I remember was drinking some ice tea on the leather couch, feelin a bit dizzy and wakin up in a ditch. Thought I just a just had some bad seafoo... Oh GOD! I been violated :fie:

Saw 150 indicated on the FJR on a Utah trip a couple of weeks ago. Had both bags and a Givi trunk on at the same time. And it was still pulling.

Fastest ever on two wheels was quite a while ago. About 170 flat out on a Yamaha TZ-700 at the old Ontario Motor Speedway in SoCal. I was younger, but I remember how fast things happen at that speed, even for my then-quicker reflexes, especially when you consider the suspension and steel tube frames/swingarms of the era, factory-prepped bike or not.

Fastest ever in a car was 170 in a RUF Porsche on the autobahn. I was a passenger. I later drove a hotted Benz up to 160, but traffic was heavier so we backed off. The Porsche felt like every one of those mph. Except for the speed at which we were catching traffic, the Benz felt like a Sunday drive.

Ah shit! I knew I put my wiener somewhere.... Sorry! :unsure: :jester:
Oh i thought that was just a chunk of calamari :rolleyes:
Betcha don't have lunch at Fencers again now will ya :unsure:

Was that where the calamari came from? all I remember was drinking some ice tea on the leather couch, feelin a bit dizzy and wakin up in a ditch. Thought I just a just had some bad seafoo... Oh GOD! I been violated :fie:
Jesus in a Jeep! Why don't you two get a room or sumpin'?

Lick odots balls Howie, ya jellyass bastadge. Wishin ya could pal up wif a new crew?

Eight bucks.... CASH ... an I'll post up wif ya. :p

Well the General Calls their sorry assed excuse the H3. Inn'at that just a big Honda Oddesey? Thats what my oldest boy in Iraq tells me. Still no more than tin cans that LOOK tough.

Man I'm getting real pissed.

Lick odots balls Howie, ya jellyass bastadge. Wishin ya could pal up wif a new crew?Eight bucks.... CASH ... an I'll post up wif ya. :p

Eight bucks? You is one cheap whore!
Howie, In Michigan bucks, Eight of 'em would buy lunch for sixteen Chadsand four real Floridians (Plus both my Large aunts) But home is still Gibsonton

Nice shot dood.

Goddamn, I'm glad these threads pass the time. Now shouldn't someone be licking my salty balls?

FJR 105 two up, about the same single.'99 ZRX 1100 160 mph in eastern oregon where i could see for miles in all direction. Was able to stay with the R1 until about 120, then it took off.

In 1997 I was radared at the end of the straight-a-way at Pacific Raceways (in the old configuration) at 172mph on an RS250 with A kit cylinders and ram air modifications. I think the radar gun read high. Probably was actually about 165mph. Siezed it going into turn 3 at about 120 mph, fortunately there is a run off arear, so no crash (just needed a clean change of underwear).

145 mph on a Honda hawk (Built by Mike Velasco) at Daytona in '94

166 at Portland International Raceway on the RS250 in '96

Siezed it going into turn 3 at about 120 mph, fortunately there is a run off area, so no crash (just needed a clean change of underwear).
LOL, was there a run-off area in your underwear too?

As a mostly straight away experienced rider, I've hit 140mph (speedo reading) a few times briefly, with the bags on, windshield down on the interstate in the HOV lane- I couldn't find this closed course everyone refers to. Like others, I still had some throttle left but ran out HOV lane (and balls). A few weekends ago from Hartford to Bangor and back, with windshield fully up (factory larger shield), loaded factory trunk & bags (large tank bag too) 120mph was no problem, traffic turbulence and added weight made it feel a bit unstable at that higher speed. I found that 90 to 100mph was my safest [fast] travel speed with loaded bike and windshield in full up position (oh yes- I had radar detector/ scrambler).

But home is still Gibsonton
Oh Gawd, say it ain't so!

You one of them carny freaks? It would 'splain LOTS, Lucy! :)
Nope though I did spend time with em :p My Aunt owns an RV/ trailer park there, right along Bullfrog Creek. Don't know if you're familiar with the area but is the Giants Camp restaurant still there??