I bet Ponyfool and Pigster know this guy...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Linda Tripp works as a stripper at Southern X-Posure in West Wendover, Nev.
PS: She's pretty hot, ..well as far as drugged-up strippers go ......never bought that much sex from her though
All fixed for ya Reno :lol:

:jester:
LOL, Ya, I figured if anyone was going to call me to the carpet it would be you :) .....when are you going to pilot that FJR out here so we can do a brothel loop??

PS: She's pretty hot, ..well as far as drugged-up strippers go ......never bought that much "X" from her though
20070821103902trippsilvfk9.jpg
I'm worried about you John. :ermm:
OK, so maybe not *that* hot but she's obviously hot enough for the head pig to marry ---Ya, police and high standards LOL LOL LOL what a joke, spare me.
...AND, you obviously haven't spent much time in Battle Mountain, Carlin, Wells ......this one *is* 'hot' compared to most of those 'working' girls. I'm sure a few cops out there that'll marry 'em up though. You know, that higher standard that they live up to.

I don't think cops should be held to a "higher level" Just the SAME level as the rest of us. He should get the same I would, no more or less.
I understand he may loose credibility as a traffic enforcement officer and may need a NEW position in the dept. but, personally I don't think he should loose his job, UNLESS he was RUNNING, but it doesn't sound like it IMO.

He should, however be smacked upside the head for doing it with his 16yo on the back, ESP since this was not a highway. I have done 90 w/ my wife on the highway and we were still being passed. Traffic conditions and all that...

I agree with this completely. I have been an LEO for quite some time. I am tired of hearing the "higher level" or "higher standard" being applied to LEOs. We are regular people enforcing the law, no more no less. If sombody does something stupid, no matter his or her profession, then he or she should get spanked. I beleive in equal protection under the law, as per the Constitution. I don't remember reading about an "higher standards" anywhere in the Constitution.

Rick
Speaking as an 18 year cop, I COMPLETELY disagree with you. Because we are the enforcers of the law, we have a DUTY to abide by the law. As I mentioned before, a violation is just that, a violation so cop or no cop doesn't really matter. However, if you have a cop who regularly, repeatedly, and continuously gets stopped for speeding, I'm sorry, he doesn't deserve to be a cop anymore.

A cop that commits a crime doesn't deserve to be a cop anymore.

I fully believe that there are some professions that NEED to be held to a higher standard. Teachers, police, etc are among them. I don't want a former prostitute teaching my children in school but couldn't care less if they are selling dish towels at the department store. I don't want a former drug dealer working as a cop but don't care if they work as a juvenile counselor trying to keep kids off drugs. There are certain public trusts that need to be maintained, and having integrity in and among the ranks of police work is one of those public trusts. Without integrity, in my opinion, a department is worthless.

And, contrary to the "thin blue line" theory, cops should be the ones holding other cops to that high standard. YOU shouldn't accept mediocrity in and amongst your ranks, and you certainly shouldn't allow criminal behavior, on or off duty.

As for your "constitutional" response, I'm not talking about a higher standard in the eyes of the court. There, I agree with you with a few exceptions. I'm talking about the ability to keep and maintain certification as a cop. Being a cop is NOT a constitutional right, it is a PRIVILEGE! Where I believe cops should be held to a higher standard in the eyes of the court are in times of malfeasance, misfeasance and nonfeasance. If a cop breaks the law under color of authority, he should be held to an incredibly higher standard than the average citizen. For example, a cop that uses his authority to commit a sex crime is far worse an offender than the guy on his first date committing the same crime. An off duty cop that gets in a bar fight and proceeds to pummel a guy should be treated the same as any other bar fight unless he produces his badge to people trying to stop the fight and says, "Police business" or some other bullshit statement. Then he needs to be held to a considerably higher standard.
You are saying the same thing I am saying. The law is to be applied equally to all, period. A department has the responsiblity to conduct its own internal investigation regarding this or any other alledged misconduct. This is where the higher stander comes into play, not on the law side. Again, I as I said if somebody does something stupid or illegal then they get what they deserve.

I have been an LEO a little longer than you. I work for a large agency in SoCal. I have seen officers get arrested for rape, murder, and drug dealing. They of course were fired, after their due process they were afforded under the government code law. I'm reffering to the department side of things. They also were also prosecuted with the vim and vigor their cases deserved.

As for the comment regarding the use of police business, here in CA there is a penal code that states one that uses their "color of authority" to a commit crime then that's its own enhancement. So, in essence the person is tried for more than the normal guy would be.

Rick

Well I guess I'll jump in here with my 2 cents. Was a LEO for 30 years (small - 100 person Dept - in So. Cal.) and I still remember one of the first things I was told -- watch out for the three B's (Boose - Bills - and Broads). I would guess that he had a few beers (drinks) to pull such a bone head move. Yea; he may have not know he was being pulled over but with all the passing, that one is hard to swallow.

Higher standard. Of course we are held higher. If a dock worker runs from the police he probably won't lose his job over it. This cop and any other who gets convicted of anything close to this can no longer have the badge. It will come up every time he testifies in court in every case.

What does irritate me is this notion that cops never get tickets. (I just got one last week in Colorado (Highway Patrol) for 79 in a 65 (radar)--- I know -- why was I going that slow --- well I just got out of the twisties and had slowed down -- that's all). I asked "her" if she ever gave retired cops "warnings" and she said not for RADAR. Oh well it doesn't go on my Calif. record. Besides I don't need to drive around thinking I "can't get cited" --- that would just be too dangerous for me.

More facts will come out and hopefully the Officer had his camera on and we will get to see more of what really happened. He sure didn't appear to put a lot of thought into what he was doing. He was arrested, as he should have been. I will wait for more facts; but he will be spanked more than the average "Joe" for this one.

Pity the fool, bad kharma i guess...we sure that sixteen year old was a daughter? I always made my kids ride in the basket up front...like nam...whats this world comin to? keep it coming guys..i lives for this...on laundry days anyway...

Bobby

Because we are the enforcers of the law, we have a DUTY to abide by the law. As I mentioned before, a violation is just that, a violation so cop or no cop doesn't really matter....A cop that commits a crime doesn't deserve to be a cop anymore.
Except speeding, right? I mean, if you have an FJR and always stay at or below posted speed limits, you gotta be queer or something.

Cop or no cop, FJR fun = Speed!

My wife and daughter have both experienced FJR upper-end velocity. If I thought it was dangerous, I wouldn't even do it when alone on the bike. WTF you think I am, suicidal? I must not be very good at it, because I'm still around after 30,000+ miles of risky business.

What's the opposite of DEATHWISH?

IMG_2172.jpg

I know several LEO's in south TX-one borrowed my cattle trailer to haul his cows-I realized it didnt have the license plate on it-called him and he replied dont worry about it if I am stopped I will "badge" it through. Thats a common phrase they all use for getting out of traffic offenses-pretty common occurance around here.

Does anyone have an update on this situation?? I would be very interested of the outcome.
I've gotten way behind on my reading so just noticed this thread. I live in Bend but don't personally know the officer involved. I have friends in law enforcement who do know him, though. They tell me the Bend LEO is a great person and great cop. It is highly unlikely he had been drinking. I have ridden that stretch of road twice in the last month and I can certainly understand how he may have been going 80+ while passing. Going 100+ is a bit much and would be pushing it considering the nature that stretch of road. I am a former LEO, too, and when my wife put the newspaper in front of me with this story, I told her I would never run from a cop as they have too many things in their favor no matter how fast your bike is. I don't have an update but will try to find out what is happening and report back when I get more info.

On October 23, the Bend LEO in this case pled guilty to two traffic violations--careless driving and speeding. He was fined $1190. The charges about eluding a police officer apparently were dropped shortly after this incident occurred two months ago. Case closed. I think the Bend Chief of Police was waiting for the court to do its thing before deciding if any further punishment would be levied by the police department. From what I understand, there is no chance he will lose his job.

Which indicates that perhaps he didn't know he was being chased, like was suggested earlier. Thus, he was simply speeding and driving with his head up his ass (otherwise known as Careless Driving). Both are merely violations, and not crimes, so there is no real reason for him to lose his job....unless it becomes a frequent pattern.

Which indicates that perhaps he didn't know he was being chased, like was suggested earlier. Thus, he was simply speeding and driving with his head up his ass (otherwise known as Careless Driving). Both are merely violations, and not crimes, so there is no real reason for him to lose his job....unless it becomes a frequent pattern.
+1 Pony,

I agree that those on the JOB should have a higher personal moral standard because that is what separates the cops and the crooks!!!

HOWEVER(here comes my take)!!! I actually read through this whole thread and I must say WTF!!!! There are reasons why Cops do not want (or should have) other people to know their private personal business because even when their are not guilty of something the press, tree huggers and bandwagon jumpers all want their badge and slander them day after day in the press. When is the last time you read about Billy Bob the plumber that got stopped for being STUPID on his bike and pissed the Cop off and wound up in Jail!!! Sure, it happens but never makes the front page or CNN. Wow!! What a World it could be if all street Cops were perfect non-sinners and perfectly law abiding folks. Should they be the type of person of a higher standard.. Absolutely YES!!! BUT... they are regular human beings with a difficult job to do and should be held to an equal standard under the law as an inherent right of our Constitution. We all know personal morals and a lot of Laws have nothing in-common. EVEN THOUGH THEY SHOULD!! I had a feeling that there was more to this story.. It just didn't add up.. Kudos to the State of Oregon's Court system for seeing through an over zealous cop's attempt at trying to make an example of another cop. Because he/she tried to hold them to a higher standard than the law called for. :angry:

Wicked Webby

Last edited by a moderator:
My take on the situation, is the Officer probably didn't Know he was being chased. Came around a corner behind some slower traffic, wicked it up to pass. May have exceeded 100 mph during the pass. Realized a LEO was behind him and pulled over.

NOW, How Many of the FJR Owners have ever passed a couple of vehicles( probably in excess of 100 mph) NO BIG DEAL.... It takes about 10 seconds ....

As far as having the daughter aboard, How many FJR Owners can say they have not exceeded the speed limit with a passenger on board??????? ( Not Freaking many)

Give the Guy a break, He wasn't doing anything that you or I haven't done numerous times.

Well then, if the canuck says it's ok.....then bygod....it must be ok.

Kudos to the State of Oregon's Court system for seeing through an over zealous cop's attempt at trying to make an example of another cop.
The arresting officer is a friend of mine - worked with him on/off for the last 9 or so years since he's been on. He's not over zealous. He still believes that the motorcycle was trying to elude. I think this is one where they'll have to be an agreement to disagree. None of us were there.

Kudos to the State of Oregon's Court system for seeing through an over zealous cop's attempt at trying to make an example of another cop.
The arresting officer is a friend of mine - worked with him on/off for the last 9 or so years since he's been on. He's not over zealous. He still believes that the motorcycle was trying to elude. I think this is one where they'll have to be an agreement to disagree. None of us were there.
Well It sounds like your "friend" was WRONG.. Egos and anger should always take a backseat to common sense when an officer is using descretion when determining a charge level... This being a big "Should" but doesn't always happen.. Hence the check and balance of the Courts. I guess your friends side of the story has been determined to be incorrect..at least for eluding... BY YOUR COURTS. What is he suppose to say? I stand corrected.... Over zealous trooper.

WW

Agreed about the arreting being overzealous.

I got a PA last week for doing 86 in a 50 (that 53 in a 31 if you speak miles) - the speed limit had just changed and I admit that I didn't notice the altogether too small sign. I'll be out $225 (that's about a gazillion US dollars these days) and I'll have 3 points. The first points on my license in more than 20 years.

Radar car was parked hidden, which tells me that they know perfectly well that the limit sign is too small and they milk it for revenue.

Had I been an officer I would not have received a ticket. If it hadn't been a revenue trap he probably would have agreed to give me a warning, like I asked.

I've often pushed the bike to pass as many cars as I safely could - and let's all be honest, if the traffic is doing 54 and you're passing, you don't do it at 55.

Reports said he MAY have exceeded 100 - maybe he did. Maybe he didn't. Maybe he didn't even accelerate when passing - 81 is fast enough to get by several cars - but I'd wager he did twist his wrist. I DO know that I don't check my rear views as often as I could - after all, I get a great view of my elbows and the shoulder of the road. He wasn't evading pursuit.

The bike is powerful and handles well enough that the current repressed speed limits will pretty much put a capable rider to sleep.

On October 23, the Bend LEO in this case pled guilty to two traffic violations--careless driving and speeding. He was fined $1190. The charges about eluding a police officer apparently were dropped shortly after this incident occurred two months ago. Case closed. I think the Bend Chief of Police was waiting for the court to do its thing before deciding if any further punishment would be levied by the police department. From what I understand, there is no chance he will lose his job.
Sounds reasonable to me. I would expect the same result if this situation happened to most people who had a previous clean record. Most of us talk about how we plead not guilty to a performance award so that we can later plee guilty to a lesser charge.

I am also a prior police officer and currently Federal employee. I have never written another officer or Emergency Room nurse or ER Doctor for an violations. Unlike most officers today, during the first initial contact with violators I determined their profession. The above occupations would get more consideration at the time of the stop. I am not saying that I would not write one of the above, I am saying that I determined at the time of the stop that a warning was effect enough at that time. I have to believe that the OSP was in the "Contempt of Cop" frame of mind when he arrested the Bend Officer. He could have calmed down a little after the stop and realized that if he wanted to site the officer for speeding and reckless driving he could have without taking the guy to jail and towing his bike and call the wife to pick up the daughter. I have seen this behavior several times in other police officers and in almost all cases that Officer is not the most liked guy on the force. He is usually the guy that does not get invited to the party.

Egos and anger should always take a backseat to common sense when an officer is using descretion when determining a charge level...
I'm sorry, but considering your posts as a whole, that's irony right there! :)

Hence the check and balance of the Courts.
You obviously have never been a patrol officer under the 9th Circuit, or you would also see how humorous THAT statement is as well!

Lastly, I'll just say, I am absolutely AMAZED that you (and some of the others here) are able to make CONCLUSIONS based on Internet "facts". You have a supervisor from the charging officer's agency telling you from the guy's work record and personal relationship that the guy is not overzealous, but that's instantly discounted because you clearly know all the "facts" as they are reported on the internet.

Amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.