Ist Annual Western Canadian Regional Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wallet and vacation time constraints have been talking to me, and I may switch from trying SWFOG to this shindig, to save on both counts. I'll try to get some time off. I may try to hook in with exskibum and MM2 as they drive by on the coast, if they'll let me.
You may want to amend that statement after you actually MEET us at WFO. :blink:
Well, Shiny's used to rootin' with goats, Mike, so our personal hygiene issues may not be that big a deal for him. But when do you wanna tell him about ridin' in formation with the catheters? :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
[

Hurricane Ridge? Lake Crescent? yeehaw

Better hope they can fix the road to Hurricane Ridge! As a big hunk just got washed away.

My wallet and vacation time constraints have been talking to me, and I may switch from trying SWFOG to this shindig, to save on both counts. I'll try to get some time off. I may try to hook in with exskibum and MM2 as they drive by on the coast, if they'll let me.
You may want to amend that statement after you actually MEET us at WFO. :blink:
Well, Shiny's used to rootin' with goats, Mike, so our personal hygiene issues may not be that big a deal for him. But when do you wanna tell him about ridin' in formation with the catheters? :huh:
I'm a nurse too.So, aAs long as the bags aren't full to the brim -- no problemo. Now if you just run th nose doen the frame to spray behind you... well, I might be taking the lead. :p

Hurricane Ridge? Lake Crescent? yeehawBetter hope they can fix the road to Hurricane Ridge! As a big hunk just got washed away.
When I was there a couple years ago they were fixing it all up and down that road. Bums insisted on keeping me at the head of the line while they set up to put down new tarmac. I asked to scoot around tosave my then-new FJR. NOPE. Half-hour later I got to ride over the freshly laid stuff, and then find a car wash quick to get the goo and rocks off my lower fairing. Sounds like that road is in continual repair. But still worth it. Snow at the top in the parking lot in July was cool. The views of the Olympic mountains and the alpine flowers were first rate.

EDIT: My vacation time is approved. It won't be a long vacation, but I'll get there and back. Thanks Barb!

I received my travel package in the mail from https://www.vancouverisland.travel yesterday and it's a good one! There were 13 pamphlets from vendors. Two medium booklets: 1) Parksville and Qualicum Beach & 2) Outdoor Guide 2010. And a large booklet: Vancouver Island - Victoria and the Gulf Islands - Vacation Guide 2010.

https://www.vancouverisland.travel/ Just discovered a nice travel resource for Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada.
Signed up for their quarterly newsletter and they are sending me a printed travel package. Also, if you subscribe to Road Runner Motorcycle Touring and Travel Magazine: Fantastic 7-page article starting on page 66 of the July/August 2009 issue.

The text and photography are by Robert Smith and James Bush and the title is: "The Road to Telegraph Cove." Other links:

https://www.drivebc.com

https://www.cyclebc.ca

https://www.hellobc.com/vi

https://www.destinationhighways.com

barb, have you had an opportunity to nail down if you're going to make this CA Event a Thursday through Sunday activity? September 9 through the 12th.

I know this is seven months away, but I share joint custody with my 13 year old son Seth with his Mother Jean. The sooner I can let her know when I am out of town, the easier it is for her to plan/book her work schedule; she is self employed. Also, I will need to be booking my flights in and out of Niehartville, Washington.

barb, have you had an opportunity to nail down if you're going to make this CA Event a Thursday through Sunday activity? September 9 through the 12th.
I know this is seven months away, but I share joint custody with my 13 year old son Seth with his Mother Jean. The sooner I can let her know when I am out of town, the easier it is for her to plan/book her work schedule; she is self employed. Also, I will need to be booking my flights in and out of Niehartville, Washington.
I can indeed confirm this is now a Thursday to Sunday event for those so inclined.

You may want to consider sanctioning this for your Los Robustos members as well. Mrs. Riches (a short ride away) has their famous "Mountain Burger":

"THE ORIGINAL MOUNTAIN BURGER- One pound of prime ground beef, heaps of lettuce, a whole tomato, a handful of onions, plenty of pickles, mayo, piles of ham, slices of cheese, bacon strips & a fried egg all stacked high on a custom- made MONSTER size bun!!

ALL OUR MOUTH WATERING BURGERS ARE SERVED WITH FRIES. IF YOU PREFER A GARDEN SALAD, POTATO SALAD, ONION RINGS, RICE, SCALLOPED POTATOES OR MASHED POTATOES, JUST ASK"

Sounds great, barb. "Mountain Burger" does meet exacting culinary standards of Los Robustos M/C. Of course our johnny80s, "El Presidente", will have to order two!

I can indeed confirm this is now a Thursday to Sunday event for those so inclined.

You may want to consider sanctioning this for your Los Robustos members as well. Mrs. Riches (a short ride away) has their famous "Mountain Burger":

"THE ORIGINAL MOUNTAIN BURGER- One pound of prime ground beef, heaps of lettuce, a whole tomato, a handful of onions, plenty of pickles, mayo, piles of ham, slices of cheese, bacon strips & a fried egg all stacked high on a custom- made MONSTER size bun!!

ALL OUR MOUTH WATERING BURGERS ARE SERVED WITH FRIES. IF YOU PREFER A GARDEN SALAD, POTATO SALAD, ONION RINGS, RICE, SCALLOPED POTATOES OR MASHED POTATOES, JUST ASK"
Sounds great with a diet coke.

Yeah, cause that will cancel out all the other calories. :rolleyes:

Yeah, cause that will cancel out all the other calories. :rolleyes:
Nah, the Aspertame is just an activater/catylist for the cholesteral. :blink:

the burger comes on a platter, like one you serve Thanksgiving turkey on. It's HUGE

a 1 lb burger, all the trimming and then a giant blob of scalloped potatoes?

the landscape that arrives at the table is purely obscene