Let's go to Arkansas

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got a PM from a rider that said 5 more bikers from Little Rock may be joining us. could be 30!

FJRchik:

PM me with the group, coming from Little Rock. I can touch base with them to see what their plans are.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Route editing, GPS entries, and final collation, stapling, and map annotating of all the routes are done! The route hand outs are complete (only 20 of each, so some will have to share)!

I expect most folks will pick 1 or 2 routes for the weekend as they tend to be in the 200 - 400 mile range.

I think the different options will be appealing. All good stuff with a few choice highlights. Each loop has plenty of bail out point for those who want to make a route shorter. Those wanting a longer riding day can pick multiple routes or roll their own. We all have our AR maps, right?

Push Mountain

Pig Trail

14, 16, 27, 74 and so on

AR309

Maybe even a stop to pick up a jar of home made blackberry jelly along the way?

Now to start packing the bike!

Bounce and FJRChik, thank you both for all the work you've put into this. Looks like it's going to be a fantastic event. Can't wait till Friday.

I have a suggestion for the group arriving Thursday... let's ride Push Mountain Rd on Friday. It's a weekday and it should be less "crowded" than Saturday. It's just a suggestion and I'll be happy ridding anywhere.
At least 2 of us wil be there from Texarkana on Thursday evening, so a ride to "Push Mtn." on Friday sounds good to me. I have the list of cell #'s so I will call you Friday morning say around 8:00 or so. We can have a little breakfast and head out, if that works for everyone.

I have a suggestion for the group arriving Thursday... let's ride Push Mountain Rd on Friday. It's a weekday and it should be less "crowded" than Saturday. It's just a suggestion and I'll be happy ridding anywhere.
At least 2 of us wil be there from Texarkana on Thursday evening, so a ride to "Push Mtn." on Friday sounds good to me. I have the list of cell #'s so I will call you Friday morning say around 8:00 or so. We can have a little breakfast and head out, if that works for everyone.
It's a good thing i got some fresh rubber! Since i will most likely have them worn out by sunday! :yahoo:

This is shaping up to be 2 FULL days of great riding then head back sunday, For me and a few others.

Thanks FJRChic and Bounce for the organizing... It would be have been possible without you two.

PM me with the group, coming from Little Rock. I can touch base with them to see what their plans are.
Raclow... I hope you can join us. Thinking back to your PM from the other day... maybe I have met you before. I used to work for Oldies 106.3 in Little Rock and I was down in Arkansas last year for the big festival.

Anyhow... hopefully you can join us.

Oh... wish I had a little more time, I could have gotten some "Southern" FJR Owners Group patches made.

:lol:

i got a PM from a rider that said 5 more bikers from Little Rock may be joining us. could be 30!
I was just on the air with my co-host talking about our trip. After I finished the break, I received a call from a BMW owner who asked if he and his son could join our fun. I told him when I was leaving and gave him my cell phone number... so maybe 32 bikes?
This is gonna be fun... and the countdown is on. I'll be leaving Sedalia with RonBB and maybe a couple of BMW's at around 9:15 tomorrow morning.

:yahoo:

Anyone want to play some poker at night? If so, I will bring my poker set. :)
Dude... there ain't gonna be no smoking or poker playing in our room because it's lights out at 2000 hours!

:dribble:

Just kidding... but I'll probably be asleep by 8:00 each night, so count me out.

LOL

Just thought i would throw it out there... I am sure we will be somewhat blasted anyway.

Petey sent me a PM asking about where we are going for lunch saturday, And i think we agreed on the Cliff House right? He might meet there! :)

Wish I could make it... Are you planing on a ride on Sunday, or is everyone blasting home?? If riding, where is the lunch break on Sunday???? Just thinking out loud, may blast down for lunch... Smitty :)

Wish I could make it... Are you planing on a ride on Sunday, or is everyone blasting home?? If riding, where is the lunch break on Sunday???? Just thinking out loud, may blast down for lunch... Smitty :)
Not sure as of the sunday plan... But we "could" meet you somewhere. :)

Not sure as of the sunday plan... But we "could" meet you somewhere. :)
I guess we could be forced to go back up Push Mountain Road and meet in Mountain Home or meet in Mountain View and be forced to ride down Push Mountain Road after lunch.

PM or email me sundays route.. If I can I will ride it backwards and meet up with some of you.. Smitty

PM or email me sundays route.. If I can I will ride it backwards and meet up with some of you.. Smitty
We don't really have a route for Sunday... that was the day Adam and I were going back to Missouri. Let us know where you want to meet. We can eat lunch and then go for a little spin.

Looks like Smitty is going for another 500+ mile dinner ride. You should have gotten a Gold Wing instead of the FJR.

Edit: I think a few of the "players" were going to stick around Sunday... I'll see what they are up to for Sunday and I'll let you know. You've still got my number... right? Call me when you have time Friday night and I'll let you know what the others have planned.

anyone bringing a laptop with? just curious. i might like to borrow your usb port to charge up my ipod (no software needed for this). it won't last through 4 days of riding on one charge. nope, no way jose.