Let's go to Arkansas

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rolleyes: Bags are packed and loaded on motorcycle and ready to go as I am flying the next four days and won't have time to do that when I get home Thursday evening.

Friday 0930 meet point (Shell gas station U.S. 75 and Legacy) loaded into GPS, as I couldn't get file from Mark to load...,will get Saturday route information map from Mark on Friday and load it into GPS at hotel on Friday evening. I'll just follow the group to Russelville.

Looking forward to meeting and riding with everybody.

Now all I have to do is remember to bring enough change for anytime spent on Tollroads? :blink:

Just got in from a 150 mile ride to no place in particular. 95° out and it was fun. BUT (big one) I suspect that I'll be picking the slow group to ride with next weekend. My lines sucked and my knee thought that was a long ride (means more frequent stops than I'm used to). The best way to describe it would be like a rider in Spring after being off all Winter. My commutes over the past month of so just don't count for much, so I'll have to take it cautiously until I knock the rust off, get used to the new tires and brake pads, and get a feel for how different I feel after the knee surgery.
Bounce, if you need someone slow to ride with, I'm there. My wife (Debra) is coming with me and I don't ride to agressive with her on the back. The FJR is a LOT more capable than I am. I'm happy to do a decent pace these days and just enjoy the ride. Looking forward to this weekend and meeting everyone!

I messed up the toll charges on PGBT from Irving to Central Expressway (US 75), they should read:
The tolls at each toll plaza and the exit point are listed below.

(Plaza 10) Belt Line Road Irving Main Plaza 0.75/0.60

(Plaza 9) Sandy Lake Road Main Plaza 0.75/0.60

(Plaza 8) Frankford Road Main Plaza 0.75/0.60

(Plaza 7) Coit Road Main Plaza 0.75/0.60

Exit at Coit Road 0.40/0.30direct connection to northound Central Expressway from the Toll road, no more tolls

Total $3.40 $3.00 if cash from Beltline in Irving.

Sorry about that.

FJRayJ

I'll be bringing some route hand outs. HOWEVER - please bring an AR road map. The route sheets I'll have will be an overview of the whole route map with a detailed road/turn (text) listing. These may not be detailed enough for some riders, but I don't have the space to pack more paper.
Bounce perhaps we could save you having to carry all the papers & maps by letting each of us print them out before we leave from home. If you will e-mail me mine I would be happy to print it out at my end. Just a thought. I imagine others would also. If you send any out remember some of us are heading out Thursday morning. See you in Russellville and thanks for all of your work. Ron

edit-Our e-mail addresses are on the "2006 Fall Ride to Arkansas" spreadsheet that FJRChik sent out.

Last edited by a moderator:
For all those leaving in the Plano group: [SIZE=18pt]INCOMING!!![/SIZE]

For everyone else, no trees will be spared in our efforts to inform!

if anyone else is interested in joining us, i have 1 single king, non-smoking room still available in my block of rooms. PM if you want it and i'll call and get your name on it. i will give it back to the hotel tomorrow night if there are no takers.

be aware that HW 123 and 7 NE of Clarksville are being patched and are pea gravel on top of chip seal so it was kind of unnerving to ride on it the weekend of Sept 23rd.
HW 16 is a good road to ride and there is a little store at HW 7 and 16 with a nice country restaraunt we ate lunch at about two miles from that west on 16 in Deer.
Thanks Mike!

FYI, I called the local county maintenance office today and they confirmed the chip seal work is complete.

HOWEVER - They did caution that they will be mowing this week and next along Hwy 123 so watch out for convoys of mowers along the shoulder and loose clippings out in the road!

I'll be leading a small party based out of the Hampton Inn in Clarksville along many of the same routes. Hope to see some of you out and about!

I have an idea...

Lets jooin a chat room such as Yahoo to put the final touches on this and communicate in real time with everyone. How about it! 'Either tonight or tomorrow night.

T-minus 3 days and counting! :yahoo:

Yahoo? Google? AOL? Chatroom????

ACK!

11sumo.jpg

I have an idea...
Lets jooin a chat room such as Yahoo to put the final touches on this and communicate in real time with everyone. How about it! 'Either tonight or tomorrow night.

T-minus 3 days and counting! :yahoo:
Just curious, what's left to hammer out? This thread already has 15 pages of hammering, which is far more than I would have expected. Aren't we just showing up and riding? :rolleyes: :blink:

DBX this is the group riding down from west central Missouri. We still have a meeting point for one rider to select and also to fine tune the exact route. For Galaxyblue, FJR1300, & Beardo look for an e-mail. Ron

Just curious, what's left to hammer out? This thread already has 15 pages of hammering, which is far more than I would have expected. Aren't we just showing up and riding? :rolleyes: :blink:
Gee... we still need to talk about what color underwear we are wearing and stuff like that!

Actually while Bounce seems to have the Texas group all set... us "lazy" Missouri guys are just now planning our meeting locations and route.

if anyone else is interested in joining us, i have 1 single king, non-smoking room still available in my block of rooms. PM if you want it and i'll call and get your name on it. i will give it back to the hotel tomorrow night if there are no takers.
OK kids, the last room in my block is now spoken for! Heber guy is joining us Friday through Sunday. Welcome Al!

So whats the total count of people/bikes?
I think at last count, between the different groups, I estimated 25 bikes!

I have a suggestion for the group arriving Thursday... let's ride Push Mountain Rd on Friday. It's a weekday and it should be less "crowded" than Saturday. It's just a suggestion and I'll be happy ridding anywhere.

So whats the total count of people/bikes?
I think at last count, between the different groups, I estimated 25 bikes!

I have a suggestion for the group arriving Thursday... let's ride Push Mountain Rd on Friday. It's a weekday and it should be less "crowded" than Saturday. It's just a suggestion and I'll be happy ridding anywhere.
+1 on Push Mtn! :clapping: :yahoo:

I wonder how many riders would need to be registered to qualify for a "Regional Event". Should we consider ourselves a "Stealth Regional Event"? Naaa, we'd have to have a vendor tent, and beer garden, and a variety of contests..........

i got a PM from a rider that said 5 more bikers from Little Rock may be joining us. could be 30!