Let's go to Arkansas

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey folks,

Its too late now, but the next time you plan a ride into Arkansas, you might want to consider staying here:

https://www.hubinfo.com/index.htm. Its not just a harley hangout. I noticed in Oct, there is a Triumph Tiger group staying there. Great steaks, good location.

John

Hey folks,Its too late now, but the next time you plan a ride into Arkansas, you might want to consider staying here:

https://www.hubinfo.com/index.htm. Its not just a harley hangout. I noticed in Oct, there is a Triumph Tiger group staying there. Great steaks, good location.

John
I haven't been to the Hub, but I agree it's a great location, being on Hwy 7 just north of Jasper. For lunch, I'm partial to the Cliffhouse, which is just south of Jasper, but I'd be willing to stop at the Hub to see what the buzz is about.

ok guys, i just updated the Best Western. they now have dbx, fjrrider and bounce and myself staying til monday. in speaking with brandon at the BW, we are starting to have some confusion about rooms. so i will be faxing him a list of names that are to be registered under the fjr riders group. since i don't know all of your real names, can you please PM them to me along with the dates you want to stay. this way we can be sure that everyone has a room when they are supposed to. i need to hear from everyone that has a room under the fjr riders group. so if you called up yourself but took a room from my reservation, i need to know your dates and name so i can verify how many rooms are left on my reservation.

i'm heading to MN tomorrow morning until Tuesday and will have limited internet access during the trip but send the PM anyways. i will fax the list in when i get back. thanks everyone for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello

Well I have been checking out this forum for awhile.Don't post much,but would love to go AR.

In 03 road with a group only FJR in group so guess it's the FJR 06 AE turn. Still have maps for

03 out of Russellville AR.if you like the maps are at www.mctourer.com/mustdo/arkansas.htm

they were all great roads.I am comming from DFW area thur and returning monday,if anyone

would like to ride up or back EMAIL me with Phone # I'll try to find some good roads up and

back,may have to stop by Tonys Yamaha in Texarkana for the new mod on FJR06 AE.Also will

have wife Pat with me.

Ron Brown

Burleson TX.

FJR06 AE

Hello
Well I have been checking out this forum for awhile.Don't post much,but would love to go AR.

In 03 road with a group only FJR in group so guess it's the FJR 06 AE turn. Still have maps for

03 out of Russellville AR.if you like the maps are at www.mctourer.com/mustdo/arkansas.htm

they were all great roads.I am comming from DFW area thur and returning monday,if anyone

would like to ride up or back EMAIL me with Phone # I'll try to find some good roads up and

back,may have to stop by Tonys Yamaha in Texarkana for the new mod on FJR06 AE.Also will

have wife Pat with me.

Ron Brown

Burleson TX.

FJR06 AE
Ron,

I made reservations outside of the group and there are several more that will be there with Frances and myself and two more couples.

Tony

I made reservations outside of the group and there are several more that will be there with Frances and myself and two more couples.
Okay... does anyone know how many bikes are going to be there? If I'm counting correct, it looks like around 15+ bikes?

Okay... does anyone know how many bikes are going to be there? If I'm counting correct, it looks like around 15+ bikes?
There is 5 bikes including myself with me and I think there are 3 more that are from Texarkana. As for the rest I have no idea. I was told about it a few days ago and we decided to come along, but we got our rooms outside of the group.

Tony

There is 5 bikes including myself with me and I think there are 3 more that are from Texarkana. As for the rest I have no idea. I was told about it a few days ago and we decided to come along, but we got our rooms outside of the group.

Tony
Kinda funny really... We will have more bikes thanthe CFO this year!

Maybe CFO-2007 should be in Arkansas?? :good:

Kinda funny really... We will have more bikes than the CFO this year!
If you were to count Smitty's group that is going down the previous week, then we really would have more bikes.

Maybe if CFO was more Central...?
I could not agree more...

What's funny is a lot of people think Wisconson is centrally located?

Maybe one of us should step-up and volunteer to organize CFO 2007 in Arkansas?

There is 5 bikes including myself with me and I think there are 3 more that are from Texarkana.
Okay... it looks like there could be 23 bikes!

Since fjrchik is out riding, I'll volunteer to take a quick count. Send me a PM if you are going and I'll update this list.

As of Saturday 9/2 at 8:43 CST:

CFO Arkansas 2006

Bounce

fjrchik

FJR1300

GalaxyBlue

lotecredneck +5

dbx

fjrrider +1

mbottoms

TejasFJR

FJRayJ

EricR

beardo

Nosecone

foggy

FantasticJohnR

RONFJR06

It looks like maybe Fred H and SMC might join us as well.

Again, I will update this list as I hear from people.

I could not agree more...

What's funny is a lot of people think Wisconson is centrally located?

Kinda funny really... We will have more bikes than the CFO this year!
If you were to count Smitty's group that is going down the previous week, then we really would have more bikes.

Maybe one of us should step-up and volunteer to organize CFO 2007 in Arkansas?

There is 5 bikes including myself with me and I think there are 3 more that are from Texarkana.
Okay... it looks like there could be 25 bikes!

Since fjrchik is out riding, I'll volunteer to take a quick count. Send me a PM if you are going and I'll update this list.

CFO Arkansas 2006

Bounce

fjrchik

FJR1300

GalaxyBlue

lotecredneck +7

dbx

fjrrider +1

mbottoms

TejasFJR

FJRayJ

EricR

beardo

Nosecone

foggy

FantasticJohnR

RONFJR06

FJRRider and +1 is two of the Texarkana bikes.

Tony

Hey, I'm all for an CFO 2007 in Arkansas. However, no stepped up to the plate....so grnarrowe did so Wisconsin it was...

You guys will have a great time in AR, as I will with Smitty's group last weekend in September. It sounds like there is an active enough ridership within that area to be able to support it.

Then again, some of the best times are on group rides of 8 to 15 riders anyways, so maybe it's no biggie.

And then again there is the SUPPOSED National FJR Rally that is rumored to be in Colorado next year...

As of Saturday 9/2 at 8:43 CST:

CFO Arkansas 2006

Bounce

fjrchik

FJR1300

GalaxyBlue

lotecredneck +5

dbx

fjrrider +1

mbottoms

TejasFJR

FJRayJ

EricR

beardo

Nosecone

foggy

FantasticJohnR

RONFJR06

:rolleyes: Hello everyone,

I will bid for a flight selection that will give me October 6, 7, 8, off. Will know on September 25th if I have the days off to make it. I have already made reservations @ Russelville hotel where everyone is staying for the nights of October 6th and 7th.

If I get the days off, will anyone be leaving from the DFW are early the morning of the 6th? Has there been a definitive route established for the first day of riding on the 7th? If so could I get the route so I could plug it into my GPS?

Hope to see everyone there!

Scott