Let's go to Arkansas

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smc...are you the one always riding around the northern part of dfw airport? I might have to run you off the road one of these days....just for fun, of course.

Smc...are you the one always riding around the northern part of dfw airport? I might have to run you off the road one of these days....just for fun, of course.
:derisive: :black eye: :fie: Guilty as charged ODOT.

OUCH ODOT, I am wounded, a fellow FJR rider threatening to run me off the road when I am on my Feejer with your white pick-up truck?

Where is the love?

Don't we read enough posts where unaware cagers have put our fellow brethren in the hospital or worse?

Has anyone else on this board been threatened like that and if by ODOT, how many beers did you have to pay for "protection".

ODOT what is your preferred swill? :drinks:

Where is the love?
Not to completely change the subject, but did you see where some of the families of the Kentucky crash last week are already suing the airline? Any news on the copilot? You know he's going to hate life because, according to reports, he was at the controls during the takeoff.

Where is the love?
Not to completely change the subject, but did you see where some of the families of the Kentucky crash last week are already suing the airline? Any news on the copilot? You know he's going to hate life because, according to reports, he was at the controls during the takeoff.
:unsure: I wouldn't want to be in his shoes, the guy is going through an emotional rollercoaster, all those lives will be on his mind for the rest of his life and I would presume he has been beating himself up already.

Well, there will be at least two more FJRs in the area. I'm leading a small group of frineds around the area the same weekend. We already had our plans in the works prior to this but I'm sure we'll see y'all out and about.

tentative plans are to leave out for AR from n of the airport (grapevine area) on that friday morning.

Bounce,

Just thinking about our route. I drove (cage) through Bonham, Paris, Clayton, Talihina, Mena, Broken Bow and back last winter and it went pretty slow. I haven't been to Russellville except passing near it on my way to free some Rainbow Trout from the confines of the White River downstream of Bull Shoals. Sure is pretty up there and the roads were fun in a car; they ought to be great on an FJR.

Are you thinking from north of the airport we should head up 75 and 69 through Atoka then through Talihina and Mena to Russelville on Friday? That route is about 330 miles. Or are you planning another route.

What do you think of us Tarrant County folks meeting, like you said, somewhere north of the airport (MacArthur and LBJ?) and then picking up the Plano/Carrollton/North Dallas folks at US 380 and US 75 in McKinney?

Since I haven't ridden in Arkansas or southeast Oklahoma, I definitely defer to your experience. Just curious what you are thinking?

FJRayJ

North Arlington

I drove (cage) through Bonham, Paris, Clayton, Talihina, Mena, Broken Bow and back last winter and it went pretty slow.
We're picking up people? :D

Nearly anything we try to take that gets us out of the metroplex will be a PITA. Just have to suck it up and live with it. I consideed 114 to 377 to 380 to mckinney and east. longer but avoids the PITA that is 121. More likely we'll just wait to worry about decent roads once we kick out past Paris. Bring toll fees to cover the wondermous changes to 121 that everyone begged to have.

Last edited by a moderator:

OUCH ODOT, I am wounded, a fellow FJR rider threatening to run me off the road when I am on my Feejer with your white pick-up truck?

Where is the love?

Don't we read enough posts where unaware cagers have put our fellow brethren in the hospital or worse?

Has anyone else on this board been threatened like that and if by ODOT, how many beers did you have to pay for "protection".

No protection needed. Swill? I resemble that remark. Anything with alcohol in it. Instead of running you off the road I am just going to flip you off. Riding around on your scoot while I have trudge around in the work truck. Grinds my gears.....grinds my gears.

Where is the love?

No protection needed. Swill? I resemble that remark. Anything with alcohol in it. Instead of running you off the road I am just going to flip you off. Riding around on your scoot while I have trudge around in the work truck. Grinds my gears.....grinds my gears.
:cray: If it makes you feel any better ODOT, if you see me riding the scoot at the airport, I am either going to work or going home from work...I live about 64 miles from the airport.

I just happen to use the Feejer as transportation to and from work sometimes. :rolleyes:

I'll get over it, smc...but, I am still going to flip you off next time I see ya.....just for good measure.

Maybe if CFO was more Central...?
But AR isn't central, it's south. So can we call this SFO? (Since there is already a CFO this year.)

Just waiting to hear from a couple of people who haven't responded yet and then I'll get everyone's names in to the hotel. Thanks for the replies guys!

:unsure: Hello FJRchik,

Hope I haven't gummed up the works for you as I have gone ahead and made my own reservations as per Bounce's instructions as you have enough on your hands and I'm not certain that I will be given a flight schedule that will give me October 6, 7, and 8th off.

That way if I get the days off, I have a hotel room and am good to go.

If I don't get the days off, I just have to cancel the room and not bother you.

P.S. bumped into one of our ticket agents who helped you with your last flight up to Minneapolis-St. Paul, he says "hi".

Scott

Hope I haven't gummed up the works for you as I have gone ahead and made my own reservations as per Bounce's instructions as you have enough on your hands and I'm not certain that I will be given a flight schedule that will give me October 6, 7, and 8th off.

P.S. bumped into one of our ticket agents who helped you with your last flight up to Minneapolis-St. Paul, he says "hi".

Scott
that had to be Armondo right? He's so awesome! I owe him big time for his help. :D

oh, and thanks for handling your own reservation. in your case, i think that was the best route to go.

sfo2006.gif

Scott
that had to be Armondo right? He's so awesome! I owe him big time for his help. :D

oh, and thanks for handling your own reservation. in your case, i think that was the best route to go.
:rolleyes: Yep, you should of sold him your 2003 FJR, he kinda wishes he had bought an FJR instead of an FZ1