Members Pets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Playing with my new-to-me 30mm f:1.4 lens. For photogs, a couple of household ceiling lights is all there was here, although I had to fix white balance; ISO3200, 1/100 @ f:1.4.

This is Gizmo, a 4-1/2 year old Papillon. I posted him a couple of years back.

DSC_9442.jpg

Papillons,French for Butterfly because of the their ears are shaped like the wings of a butterfly. Neat little dogs.

The Japanese sidw of the family breeds them.

Here's Mika picking up another ribbon from the Japanese Kennel Club.

320221_376594662411743_2024604626_n.jpg

Playing with my new-to-me 30mm f:1.4 lens. For photogs, a couple of household ceiling lights is all there was here, although I had to fix white balance; ISO3200, 1/100 @ f:1.4.

This is Gizmo, a 4-1/2 year old Papillon. I posted him a couple of years back.

DSC_9442.jpg

Papillons,French for Butterfly because of the their ears are shaped like the wings of a butterfly. Neat little dogs.

The Japanese sidw of the family breeds them.

Here's Mika picking up another ribbon from the Japanese Kennel Club.

320221_376594662411743_2024604626_n.jpg
Feline version of the Papillon (actually the breed is Ragdoll)

PIERRE5-1.jpg

2 dogs:

Camron, almost 4 Years old Bichon Frise. Camron serves my wife as a service dog for her post war conditions on PTSD and TBI.

Ripley, 3.5 Years old Morky, hybrid of a Maltese and a Yorkshire. Ripley is a puppy mill rescue, he was bred so the operators of that mill could make more Yorkies and Maltese.

8158580551_1536c1f568.jpg

Oh and a 40 gallon fish tank.

bub..

random062.jpg

Ginger..

random038.jpg

B.. x's in her eyes now..

random031.jpg

E..Always happy

holes008.jpg

Jingles AKA "DUKE"

421526_225724517517817_223813892_n-1.jpg

Sundown AKA Turk.. just before she went away

SDC10035.jpg

And the best one? Mug.. 30 years ago

Ycat001.jpg

img3131ru.jpg

We just got back from the vet this morning. Our Daisy has completely torn her right rear ACL and will need surgery. Anybody have this done to their dog?

Road trip to Houston today to pick up Reese our new Leonberger. Down today, and back with pup tomorrow.
Man, that's going to be quite the dog! Nice pup there. With training you will have Golden Retriever disposition, without good training you will have a well protected house and the neighbor's kids will provide little snacks ;) This breed is on my short list for a dog.

img3131ru.jpg

We just got back from the vet this morning. Our Daisy has completely torn her right rear ACL and will need surgery. Anybody have this done to their dog?
I'm so sorry...yes, being a hound guy and rescue supporter, I've heard of others getting that fix and it going well. Lotsa worse issues with car accidents go well under a competent surgeon. There is a guy here all the rescues recommend for ortho (& eye) problems which are his 2 specialties.

I know it's obvious, but just be comfortable with the surgeon and check out his track record.

best to ya

arrroooooooooooooooo (healing drool from my basset, Alley Oop)

Mike in Nawlins'

img3131ru.jpg

Yes! 4 times on 3 dogs: 2 Goldies and a smal terrier mix. No issues. ACL tear /rupture is a common orthopedic complication in dogs and it's often painful.

Gotta git 'er done - for Daisy's sake. Dear little pet :)

img3131ru.jpg

I'm so sorry...yes, being a hound guy and rescue supporter, I've heard of others getting that fix and it going well. Lotsa worse issues with car accidents go well under a competent surgeon. There is a guy here all the rescues recommend for ortho (& eye) problems which are his 2 specialties.

I know it's obvious, but just be comfortable with the surgeon and check out his track record.

best to ya

arrroooooooooooooooo (healing drool from my basset, Alley Oop)

Mike in Nawlins'

As with everything in life, we are faced with a couple of options. The local guy can perform a surgery that stabilizes the knee and gives her most of her mobility back, but she'll probably always have a bit of a limp. Option 2 involves a 3 hour drive to a different surgeon and a much more involved repair at 10x the price. I really hate to have to take money into part of the decision, but we're talking the difference between $500 and $5,000. Any idea what an ACL surgery on a dog should cost?