Members Pets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
th_IMAG0001.jpg
th_IMAG0137.jpg
th_AliceMay08001resized.jpg

Gumbo Missy Mae Maggie Jo

Maggie Jo went to the ''Rainbow Bridge'' last Easter....God needed a great Squirrel dog..

(A story that has made the rounds, I did not write this.)

The Purpose of a Dog

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish wolfhound named Belker. The dog’s owners, Ron, his wife, Lisa, and their little boy, Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn’t do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker’s family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker’s transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker’s death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives.

Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, “I know why.”

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I’d never heard a more comforting explanation. He said, “People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life – like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?”

The six-year-old continued, “Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don’t have to stay as long.”

Last edited by a moderator:
About a year ago my grand kids lost their dog Shep a 14 year old Lab mix to a brain tumor. Shep had been part of the family since before the kids where born. The kids grew up with Shep, and they missed their pal badly.

So I, being the most caring and loving Grandpa in the world decided that there was a big black hole in their lives than needed filling.

Two more weeks and this new to the world Wire Fox Terrier will have a fine home with three great kids.

Wirefoxmale11-22-2013PEZc_zpsbcc7d4c0.jpg

And I hope my Daughter will be speaking to me again before next Christmas.

Just give it a little while, and she'll be calling it "her dog"! Anyway, having the grand kids thinking they have the greatest grandfather on the planet, makes it worth it.

...Shep had been part of the family since before the kids where born. The kids grew up with Shep...So I, being the most caring and loving Grandpa in the world...this new to the world Wire Fox Terrier will have a fine home with three great kids...I hope my Daughter will be speaking to me again before next Christmas.
They should love you to death for not giving them an Airedale(1). What a good little doggie for the family! And, what a good Grandpa you are
smile.png

(1) Ya HotRodZ, another acronym that you hate.

Two registered, altered Bengals. Ming is about 13 lbs,. Brown Spotted male and pretty much is in charge. Except when Ronni, about 6.5 lbs.#, Brown Marbled female decides to re-assume control of everything. Great cats, both like their afternoon walk around the neighborhood on their leashes. Greet pretty much everyone and every dog they meet except the little, bouncy ones who have never met a cat up close and personal and don't know how to behave. Great companions and endlessly entertaining.

Got the Christmas puppy home today. He's having a grand time messing with the three kids. He's already decided that they are his kids and Mom don't interfere.

Megan's long hair seems to be his favorite toy for now!

004_zps9e69b6b6.jpg

My Daughter the Crazy Cat Pug Lady.

Never let her visit an animal shelter alone. She was suppose to drop off some donated pet food and bedding.

Stuff happens.

The two in back are the rescue Pugs she came home with. See how thin they are..........."I mean I couldn't just leave them there"

10606135_10204664191101990_831329298042193627_n.jpg

Airboss - my daughter in Philly is the same way. BUT she comes home with Great Danes and Cane Corsos.
uhoh.gif

My Daughter the Crazy Cat Pug Lady...The two in back are the rescue Pugs she came home with...
Can someone tell me why so many Pugs need rescuing? A neighbor that abuts the back of our property runs a Pug rescue organization. Her car license plate is PUGLDY. Don't get behind her, she has no idea what the gas pedal is used for.