Military FJR Owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a military, but I am returning a favor by teaching MSF at the Great Lakes Naval Station for military guys. There is way too many of you come back all pumped up and jump right on the bike with out any training and you know the results. :(
Have a body doing a tour in Iraq as we speak.

Stay safe.
Cougar, Hello from Wheaton, IL.

Reread your last line...do you need to fix something in that line...I hope? :eek: :unsure:

Not a military, but I am returning a favor by teaching MSF at the Great Lakes Naval Station for military guys. There is way too many of you come back all pumped up and jump right on the bike with out any training and you know the results. :(
Have a body doing a tour in Iraq as we speak.

Stay safe.
Cougar, I presume you mean, "Have a buddy doing a tour...

Come out to Wheaton sometime...I could definitely use taking the MSF sometime from an FJR Owner.

Come out to Wheaton sometime...I could definitely use taking the MSF sometime from an FJR Owner.
Gotcha, I guess I already got busted with English not been my first language. Thanks for pointing it out. ;) I am semi bikeless until I get my new FJR. I will have access to my little brothers CBR600RR. Maybe in the couple of weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gotcha, I guess I already got busted with English not been my first language. Thanks for pointing it out. ;) I am semi bikeless until I get my new FJR. I will have access to my little brothers CBR600RR. Maybe in the couple of weeks.
Sorry, not trying to be a jackass...really.

Some people might say I are one. :)

Mark

Former Marine, '81-85 active, '85-'88 reserve.

Small arms repairman, 9th Motor T in Okinowa, 1st MAW in SoCal, (El Toro), NCIC since E-2 in Oki running second echelon shops. Left as an E-5.

Army Infantry '69 to '71

'Nam with 1/27 Inf. Wolfhounds, 25 Inf. Div 13 1/2 months Combat, 60 gunner 8 + months, mostly in the bush(not the stinky kind)....2 months in Cambodia, unoficially...

Retired after 9 years in the Marines (A-4 Skyhawk, VMA-324, VMA-331, USS Independence) and 12 years in Air National Guard (F-4 Phantom, F-16 Falcon a.k.a. "Viper", Arkansas ANG "Flying Razorbacks").

The FJR, by the way, has so many of the same characteristics of the F-16--power, handling, honesty, dependability, versatility, sexiness, etc.--that I call my FJR "Viper".

Active USAF 2001-Present. Stationed at Pope AFB, NC. I load all the cargo aircraft that we have in the AF. Not a loadmaster... The ground load team. For all the 82nd guys out there I wear the red hat.

US Navy Retired...1978-1998 CTAC(AW) various assignments throughout the east coast and Europe. 4 year assignment as intell for an Army Special Ops group in Germany....now that was fun!

USMC 1971-1978

F4J and RF4B

2years on USS Midway 1977-78

Semper Fi fellow jarheads

USAF Retired Lieutenant Colonel

Served 1979-2002

Over 3000 hours in B-52H, RC-135S, EC-130H

Master Navigator/Electronic Warfare Officer :assassin:

5th Bomb Wing, 23 Bombardment Squadron Minot ND (B-52H)

6th Strategic Wing, 24 Strategic Reconnaissance Squadron Eielson AFB AK (RC-135S and RC-135X)

NSA...Fort Meade MD

Air Intelligence Agency, Kelly AFB TX

93rd Intelligence Squadron Lackland Annex TX

Commander, 31st Intelligence Squadron Fort Gordon GA

43rd Electronic Combat Squadron, Davis Monthan AFB AZ (EC-130H)

Commander, 41st Electronic Combat Squadron, Davis Monthan AFB AZ (EC-130H)

Test Director, OL-DA, Davis Monthan AFB AZ

After retirement...

2 years as DoD contractor with the Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) Fort Huachuca AZ

2 years to present as Army contractor with the Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM) Fort Huachuca AZ

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome LC. I may have shared the runway with you at DM. I was at the detachment next to the 41st ECS in the mid 80's. Back when it was the Det for the 5th Fighter Group out of WhyNot Minot.

Make sure and take highway 83 to Ft. Huachuca. Sure wish I was back at DM now.

Derek

Duluth, MN

Welcome LC. I may have shared the runway with you at DM. I was at the detachment next to the 41st ECS in the mid 80's. Back when it was the Det for the 5th Fighter Group out of WhyNot Minot.
Make sure and take highway 83 to Ft. Huachuca. Sure wish I was back at DM now.

Derek

Duluth, MN

Derek,

I was at Minot from 1981 to 1985 and at Eielson from 1985 to 1989 so we probably weren't sharing runways unless it was at Minot. My time at DM was from 1997 to 2002 on Active Duty.

I've taken highway 83 to Fort Huachuca many times. It's a hoot on the FJR but they post a highway patrol guy at the little rest area there quite a bit so you have to be aware of that. If you haven't been here in a while you might be interested to know that highway 90 is now two lanes in both directions now with a 65 mph speed limit. The trip to Fort Huachuca in the old days was horrible with one lane in each direction and a 50 mph limit. Much nicer now for cruising but you are right that highway 83 has some nice twistys.

Hope you are staying warm in Minnesota...it will be in the 80s here in Tucson today! ;)

Doug