My 2013 FJR has arrived.....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats exactly what i plan to do when it arrives on Monday.....The mounting plate arrived yesterday and is mounted already....

My only quandary is, do i take the top box aprt for painting or do i just have them mask it up......

R

So the box just arrived....Not sure if i need to paint it.....
file_zps548a20d5.jpg

file_zps3421d8c7.jpg

file_zpsa344d401.jpg

file_zps067d189f.jpg

file_zps1ad5dfc9.jpg

What do you think?

R

Why bother. You won't own it long enough to get it dirty.
no.gif
Let me know when you're ready to get rid of that POS Honda.

Paint it. For me I'd leave it, but for the work you've put in so far, go ahead and get it painted. No sense having that one mismatched part when you've even had the fender painted.

Get rid of it! What the hell do you want a topbox for? It's FUGLY! And you WILL feel it back there, especially with at freeway speeds and crosswinds.

You had the super-duper POS Gen III looking good, especially with the Smuggler and now you go and ruin the lines with that ungainly topbox. WTF?

I figured the topbox was just for when he has a passenger, right?

So without one, when the topbox is off, nobody's the wiser. At least the Yamaha top box mount isn't quite as fugly as my Givi rack mount.

And so it begins..... I'll take my Givi mount over a broken subframe any day!!!!

On-topic. Paint it. It's only money! And you already have the paint.

So without one, when the topbox is off, nobody's the wiser. At least the Yamaha top box mount isn't quite as fugly as my Givi rack mount.
I have a wing for passengers.......I really only bought it because it was a steal......

R

I have a wing for passengers.......I really only bought it because it was a steal......

R

In that case sell it for a nice profit and move on to something more useful. ;)

R

In that case sell it for a nice profit and move on to something more useful.
wink.png
Great minds think alike!

The tosser never fills his sidebags! Rarely puts anything in them. And only occasionally fills his Smuggler. And now he has that fugly topbox, or big piece of ugly black plastic on there.

His lack of taste is increasing with his waste size........
haha.gif

I think that big-ass black box look perfect on a bike that even has a painted front fender and paint-matched Smuggler. For a guy as anal as Richard, this was a rhetorical question.

For the rest of you posers, it's not like you'd ever get to see it for very long going down the road.

Last edited by a moderator: