My 2013 FJR has arrived.....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the painted front fender......

file_zps658966f6.jpg

file_zps57e09375.jpg

file_zps2d24ba86.jpg

file_zps30b8880d.jpg

R

Looks factory all the way, very nice. Fairlaner did your man spray that from his own paint collection or did you get the paint for him? I guess I'm really just wondering if that was rattle can or from pro equipment. Rattle can for smaller projects is very good these days.

Did he also spray your smuggler trunk (I think I remember you having one of those). My can of yellowish metallic gray is supposed to be here tomorrow so I can spray my smuggler and I'm hoping for results as good as your fender.

Wheaton, the S mode setting and TC off will get you a good multi gear wheelie that is the equal of anything of those shorter and lower geared POS Gen I bikes can muster.
punk.gif

Tom i think you are right, my top case will be here on Monday and then i will figure out if i want to separate it or mask it for paint....

20V look on previous page you will see the painted smuggler..and yes it is Colorrite paint and i have half a pint left.

R

That front fender does look a lot more "finished" and/or "deliberate" than the factory black. ie; The way it should have looked in the first place.

That front fender does look a lot more "finished" and/or "deliberate" than the factory black. ie; The way it should have looked in the first place.
Agreed. It's been fun watching Richard make his '13 better and better.

Betcha a dollar next year's model will come painted to match the rest of the bike.

The mounting plate is the same as all Gen II and I don't think you can use a Gen I mounting plate. Richard bought that nice dark gray top case that I think went to 2010 AE models. Since they didn't sell, they were on clearance for $199 with free shipping. All you had to do was put it on a mounting plate and repaint if you choose to.

Last edited by a moderator: