NAFO 2016 Official Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm waiting for contracts to be signed, official announcement will be next week hopefully by Wednesday the 6th...

Here's what I can tell you...

Montrose, CO

Rooms will be ~ $120/night. ($110+8.85% tax). This INCLUDES a Hot Breakfast... Normally Rooms at this time of year run $149-$169. Rooms in Colorado in a place that is conducive to an event like this are NOT cheap. If you look at Wayne's EOM location discussion thread you can see what goes into finding a place. They have to be motorcycle friendly, have event space, be close enough to multiple eating/drinking options, and a bunch of other crap...

The rally fee will be separate from the shirt. The rally fee should be less than $40, probably less than $30 depending on a couple of things. Realize there's costs involved in just taking payment...

We believe this is very reasonable...

Please understand this post is only to try and provide information so people can gauge their costs associated with taking vacation...

No complaining...yet. AJ is setting up the Complaint Department.
I guess I don't know what conversations have happened off-line, but looking around quick the Days Inn in Montrose has 4 star reviews on Trip Advisor, has a conference center, and rates I'm finding for that time are $89 a night + tax. We stayed at a Days Inn I believe for NAFO 2014.
One of the reasons this town worked out was the availability of other hotels. Feel free to stay in any one you like. There's even camping nearby.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking...
cigar.gif

In light of the above posted route, we need help creating routes. Getting them into the different mapping programs isn't a problem. I'm pretty good at that. We need local expertise, maybe some scouting, and construction updates. PM me if you interested.

So the dates are July 28-31. As far as the 28th goes is that intended as a check-in in the evening or be ready to ride first thing in the morning day?

Oh boy, Three nice loops mapped out already. Looks like a guy will have to come a day or two early to hit it all. I'll have to toughen up if I'm going to close down the parking lot with Joe and ride those long loops the next morning.

So the dates are July 28-31. As far as the 28th goes is that intended as a check-in in the evening or be ready to ride first thing in the morning day?
The 28th would evening check in. Most people will probably ride in on Thursday and Friday. Some people may be there early though, so you could make Thursday a ride around day.

Last August:

HWY 92 not far at all from Montrose

SAM_0397_zpsdc7df65b.jpg

SAM_0402_zps7ed34181.jpg

Somewhere SW of Carbondale w/RPrice

SAM_0395_zps22a22c0e.jpg

RPrice Top of Monarch Pass

SAM_0418_zps1b61b122.jpg

HWY 133 NE of Montrose

SAM_0389_zps89aa1d42.jpg