NAFO Dates Set!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any place except Denver and the surrounding area.

Estes Park, Steamboat Springs, Gunnison, Lake City, Glenwood Springs, Carbondale, Aspen, Vail on and on.

But not Denver, it is a pit. (the ninth wonder of the the world, a mile high hole)

I am sure that where ever they pick, the safety and well being of all will be taken into consideration.

Bob

If it's Leadville plan on an extra day for acclimation to the altitude. Staying above 8,000 feet flatlanders will often experience altitude sickness for a day or so as their bodies adjust to the lower oxygen levels in the rarified air. A quick trip back down below 7K generally clears up the symptoms. Stayed at 8600 feet in Utah in 2004. A little queasy and a headache appeared about 12 hours into the stay once we were at elevation. A trip to Cedar City at 5,000 for a couple of hours and then back up and all was fine.

If it's Leadville plan on an extra day for acclimation to the altitude. Staying above 8,000 feet flatlanders will often experience altitude sickness for a day or so as their bodies adjust to the lower oxygen levels in the rarified air. A quick trip back down below 7K generally clears up the symptoms. Stayed at 8600 feet in Utah in 2004. A little queasy and a headache appeared about 12 hours into the stay once we were at elevation. A trip to Cedar City at 5,000 for a couple of hours and then back up and all was fine.
After rethinking this, you are right of course. Leadville is a bit too far up there. So I got out the maps again and I drew an 80 mile circle centered at Denver. First we can eliminate everything to the east, because it is mostly at a lower elevation than 5280', and who would hold a gathering out there anyway (with apologies to those who might live there). Then if we are going to be doing some riding, we want to get out of the Denver metro area, which means we are headed to the hills.

I still think Estes Park is a viable location, but if we head to the west side of Rocky Mt NP, we are surrounded by great riding in any direction. So, my best guess at this time is Grand Lake, or somewhere between there and Granby.

Speaking of maps, and those of us who still use the paper variety. Go here for your Official Colorado Vacation Guide and Map.

John

I still vote Colo. Springs, also. Lots of hotels, restaurants, bars . . .

I was poking around on the member map today. Has anyone noticed that there is a green bubble named NAFO with a location of Tentative, CO. It looks to me like it is located between Winter Park and Fraser. Do I win a 2008 FJR? :yahoo:

I was poking around on the member map today. Has anyone noticed that there is a green bubble named NAFO with a location of Tentative, CO. It looks to me like it is located between Winter Park and Fraser. Do I win a 2008 FJR? :yahoo:
Nice catch, but that seems to be simply a place holder for a 'regional event'... Note the other green balloons for the other events.

NAFO 2008, July 10-13Tentatively, CO

Regional Event

That would be a great area for me as it is just down the road. Of course any were in Colorado would be great as long as it is west of Denver.

As Warchild stated here, the dates for the Inaugural North American FJR Owners Group Rally will be:
[SIZE=18pt]July 10 - 13, 2008.[/SIZE]

These dates are a bit earlier than we previously thought, but at last they are indeed set in stone. Make your plans in confidence.* I hope to have the venue and contractual details settled and signed in short order and I will announce the venue as soon as the ink dries. Rest assured, the leading venue has sufficient drinking establishments such that even Gunny, odot, fjrchik and cdogman combined, will not be able to drain the area of alcohol.

On behalf of the volunteer NAFO committee members, I want to thank all of you in advance for attending this Event. ;)

Your congenial NAFO Rally Master,

El Jefe

[SIZE=8pt]*All of the usual small print legalese implied. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]A blatant attempt to bring this back into line with the thread title.....[/SIZE] :spiteful: :whistle:

Whadya mean? It somehow got off track? :blink: hmmmm.

Actually those date are gonna work out just fine fer me :) a week later I'd be a no show :(

Scheduling the time off tomorrow :clapping:

:jester:

As Warchild stated here, the dates for the Inaugural North American FJR Owners Group Rally will be:

These dates are a bit earlier than we previously thought, but at last they are indeed set in stone. Make your plans in confidence.* I hope to have the venue and contractual details settled and signed in short order and I will announce the venue as soon as the ink dries. Rest assured, the leading venue has sufficient drinking establishments such that even Gunny, odot, fjrchik and cdogman combined, will not be able to drain the area of alcohol.

On behalf of the volunteer NAFO committee members, I want to thank all of you in advance for attending this Event. ;)

Your congenial NAFO Rally Master,

El Jefe

[SIZE=8pt]*All of the usual small print legalese implied. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]A blatant attempt to bring this back into line with the thread title.....[/SIZE] :spiteful: :whistle:
OK, I'll bite. My wife and I (and our 2 FJR's) are Tentatively planning to attend. By the way, where will this event be held? :D

John

I'm considering this!!! Someone, please, twist my arm. Afterall, this IS the National!!!

The only real question left for me at this point is can my ass handle a couple of weeks in the saddle. I would explore before and after the event. Suppose a day of doing twelve-ounce curls would be appropriate as a breather!

I'm considering this!!! Someone, please, twist......
"C'mon baby...let's do the twist...." or "Let's twist again, like we did last Summer."

And really.... This is the National. Numero Uno! The first one! Be a part of actual FJR history. C'mon down!

Location To Be Announced in a separate thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
is that the correct spelling of "Tentatively"? Cause i can't find Tentatively, Colorado on any map i have, what is it close to?

R

is that the correct spelling of "Tentatively"? Cause i can't find Tentatively, Colorado on any map i have, what is it close to?
R
Next to Ryecheer, CO.

SOooo, Tentatively-Ryecheer in CO. on....

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
R
Next to Ryecheer, CO.

SOooo, Tentatively-Ryecheer in CO. on....

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
:lol2:

As in I gotcher NAFO Ryecheer! :clapping: :clapping:

Status
Not open for further replies.