NAFO web site - Registration Open Until July 20th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
$155 Rally fee?? - and for that you get two meals and and a shirt??
Here you go Mike...

McD's - Super Sized meals x 2 - $20 (including dessert!)

Hanes Beefy T with customized - "I went to NAFO, and all I bought was this lousy T-shirt" logo - $35

Missing out on sharing the experience with your friends to save $100... definitely not priceless....

Hey, a couple cartons of cigarettes, a couple of lattes, a few less beers, one less farkle........... $155. No problemo!

OK, we're in. I hope i didn't screw this up. I wanted to sign up both myself and my wife. There isn't a place to enter information for a second person unless they are a pillion, but she has her own FJR. So I was going to register us both seperately, but then when I got to the end, it asked how many registrations I wanted to pay for, so I payed for two. Do, I need to go back and register my wife?

John

OK, we're in. I hope i didn't screw this up. I wanted to sign up both myself and my wife. There isn't a place to enter information for a second person unless they are a pillion, but she has her own FJR. So I was going to register us both seperately, but then when I got to the end, it asked how many registrations I wanted to pay for, so I payed for two. Do, I need to go back and register my wife?
John

See post #50 to clear it up some . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
John
Whatever you do, don't back and register again...that just adds confusion....believe me. Everybody should resist the urge to register multiple times just to be sure.

You registered and you paid (I confirmed)...you're done for now.

We offer the word "pillion" for people to sign up as a couple, a team, significant other, a ying and yang, two bits to a binary unit, book ends, Schlamiel and Schlamazel, you and your Uncle Bob ...pick your euphemism. We won't have the Pillion Police patrolling the event or anything.

If you paid for two...you'll get two at the event.

However, if you didn't include any information about your "pillion" then you're going to get to stand in line at registration a few extra minutes as we ask how to spell her name, print out her badge, etc.

----

..and now expecting a question if you have three or more people. Well, your choice. If you're Laverne, Shirley and Lenny? I'd register as Laverne with Shirley as a pillion. Then you either register and pay for Lenny or have him do it. You three will have to decide if you want to go ahead and register Squiggy as a pillion and forget his payment..and then remember to pay for him later by going to PayPal and adding more cash. Or all three or four register separately.

If you're Canadian, Californian, ....or ride a BMW--ignore everything I just said. ;)

John
Whatever you do, don't back and register again...that just adds confusion....believe me. Everybody should resist the urge to register multiple times just to be sure.

You registered and you paid (I confirmed)...you're done for now.

We offer the word "pillion" for people to sign up as a couple, a team, significant other, a ying and yang, two bits to a binary unit, book ends, Schlamiel and Schlamazel, you and your Uncle ...pick your euphemism. We won't have the Pillion Police patrolling the event.

If you paid for two...you'll get two at the event.

However, if you didn't include any information about your "pillion" then you're going to get to stand in line at registration a few extra minutes as we ask how to spell her name, print out her badge, etc.
Oops, I just went and registered her separately. Sorry for the confusion. There I go increasing the entropy in the universe again. :(

John

I don't know about the rest of you but I only have one wife so that's all I registered. And if the kid wants to go she'll have to pay for it and figure out how to get there :lol:

Is "entropy" and "verbiage" used with or without toilet paper? Hmmmmmm........ :p

Thanks to the folks who worked on getting this event going. Kudos! One round of beer to everyone courtesy of Iggy & WC! Here, here! :drinks:

[SIZE=14pt]It is TIME TO ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]ANNOUNCING: The Inaugural NORTH AMERICAN FJR OWNERS (NAFO ) Gathering!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=24pt]https://www.fjrtech.com/NAFO[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt][/SIZE]

Dates: July 24-27, 2008

Place: Golden, Colorado

B) B) B) [SIZE=12pt]Time to party like a Big Dog!!! WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE] B) B) B)

[SIZE=14pt]REGISTER TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]
w00t!!!!!!!!

Thanks, NAFO staff. See y'all in July. Oh man, this is going to be *GREAT*.

Registered, locked, and loaded.

I don't know about the rest of you but I only have one wife so that's all I registered. And if the kid wants to go she'll have to pay for it and figure out how to get there :lol:
Does this mean I have to leave one of the wives at home, or can I bring both of them? They have their own bike, they ride two up. :p

John

Well I just signed up and mow starting the waiting game for July.......

One question, is there going to be motoer cycle shop or a tire vender that will supply new tires if needed????

I will be needing new from the way things are wearing away??????

$155 Rally fee?? - and for that you get two meals and and a shirt??
That's right! Hella deal, no? That's not all you get, but in order to find out, you're gonna have to pony up the fee and show up. ;)

What more do you want? A complimentary bikini bike wash?!!?
Paging fjrchik, Ms. fjrchik to the nearest brass po... er, white courtesy phone, please!

:lol:

Gotta sign up! Gotta sign up! The countdown timer is watching me! Gotta sign up!
When I get the OK on vacation time from work, I'll be signing on the dotted line. Does the DH get registered as a pillion? Or is that just in case his BMW has problems with the final drive, and he ends up sharing my FJR? :) I trust that non-FJR riders are welcomed, in company with a forum member? To the uninitiated, the K1200S looks a bit like an FJR. We have been accused of riding matching bikes.

Jill
You better figger to bring that Andy feller who hangs around you all the time! Regardless if he has to ride bitch after that rear end blows it's innards all over I-40. :p

w00t!!!!!!!!

Bring your karting 'A' game. You're gonna need it, Enigma Boy. ;)

Well I just signed up and mow starting the waiting game for July.......
One question, is there going to be motoer cycle shop or a tire vender that will supply new tires if needed????

I will be needing new from the way things are wearing away??????
I will be mounting new tires before i leave this year, That or a new Wing.

R

w00t!!!!!!!!

Ari, Don't forget your Water Wings and Rubber Ducky this year, eh.

w00t!!!!!!!!

Bring your karting 'A' game. You're gonna need it, Enigma Boy. ;)
Heh. Imone be training for the Karting Champeenchip continuously until I win the NAFO Karting Champeenchip Trophy...in 2008.

Wait, did I tell you the Enigma story? I don't think I did. I have an Enigma story to tell. I think I'm the only one with an Enigma story to tell. It rocks.

Almost packed and gassed up! :yahoo: Thats a nice ride from here, about 450 up the back side of the mountains through Buena Vista, Salida, Leadville, hit I-70 east through the tunnel and we're there. Nice day ride, then kick back with my "peeps". See you there.

WOO HOO!!!!! All signed up.

I've got everything but the hotel code. I saw above tho that it's being done manually, so just waiting patiently for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.