NAFO web site - Registration Open Until July 20th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOO HOO!!!!! All signed up.
I've got everything but the hotel code. I saw above tho that it's being done manually, so just waiting patiently for that.

If y'all read the passage where is says that you need to be patient and wait for a day or two at the end of the registration procedure, you'll know that the hotel code will be along shortly...

Thanks for signing up!

Just registered and paid. Looking forward to seeing the FJR group out in my neck of the woods. I'm from Woodland Park, 8600 feet, which is about 18 miles west of Colorado Springs on the north side of Pikes Peak. Although I'm not far away (about 75 miles south of Golden), I will be coming up to stay at the Marriott in order to hang-out with the group and also do some good riding starting in Golden. I have ridden all (or at least most) of the good motorcycle roads in Colorado over the past several years, riding my 1800 Wing, Valkyrie, or my FJR.

Rides would be loops that would include places such as:

• Poudre Canyon, North Park, Willow Creek Pass
  • Peak-to-Peak Hwy, Rocky Mountain National Park and Trail Ridge Road
  • A butt-kicker that would be about 500 miles, with many passes over 10k feet, such as Independence Pass -- I am always up for doing this!
  • And lots more
Only a few of the great rides have been posted to the NAFO web page -- over the next few weeks I'd be more than happy to pull together a number of great rides departing from and returning to the Marriott. I have most of them and would just need to make some modifications/adjustments. If the organizers would like this, please PM me with the formats that you would like, ie .gpx files, other maps (I really like to do maps in DeLorme Topo USA also), and also would be able to include some photos on many of the routes. I don't want to take the time to do this unless you want them, so please let me know.

I've included a few samplers below.

Independence Pass:

84424317-L.jpg

Gold Country -- Near Cripple Creek and Victor:

84439800-L.jpg

Wilkerson Pass:

84438637-L.jpg

Loveland Pass:

84417841-L.jpg

And a couple of shots from the Pikes Peak Hwy:

183209196-L.jpg

183211870-L.jpg

183212659-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave, I'm not speaking for anyone but myself, but I'd greatly appreciate your ride information... the more options we have, the better in my mind.

Ari,

I'm not really sure we need to hear about your 'enigma'. Isn't that a personal health problem? :lol:

Just registered and paid. Looking forward to seeing the FJR group out in my neck of the woods. I'm from Woodland Park, 8600 feet, which is about 18 miles west of Colorado Springs on the north side of Pikes Peak. Although I'm not far away (about 75 miles south of Golden), I will be coming up to stay at the Marriott in order to hang-out with the group and also do some good riding starting in Golden. I have ridden all (or at least most) of the good motorcycle roads in Colorado over the past several years, riding my 1800 Wing, Valkyrie, or my FJR.

• A butt-kicker that would be about 500 miles, with many passes over 10k feet, such as Independence Pass -- I am always up for doing this!
  • And lots more
Only a few of the great rides have been posted to the NAFO web page -- over the next few weeks I'd be more than happy to pull together a number of great rides departing from and returning to the Marriott. I have most of them and would just need to make some modifications/adjustments. If the organizers would like this, please PM me with the formats that you would like, ie .gpx files, other maps (I really like to do maps in DeLorme Topo USA also), and also would be able to include some photos on many of the routes. I don't want to take the time to do this unless you want them, so please let me know.

Please offer your route suggestions to beeroux or fjrchik so that they may be incorporated into the 'Rides' section of the NAFO website. Thanks!

I just sent the first round of hotel codes. People who registered AND PAID by midnight Friday were just sent their hotel code e-mail. Since the early adopters were so patient I'll give them a few hours to make reservations first. Then I'll catch up with people that have paid this morning.

As usual, a few people that have registered haven't paid yet...and that's OK if you're planning on paying later to [email protected]. I have 18 registrations and 7 paid this morning....so that means potentially 11 haven't paid. If you don't get an e-mail with registration codes and think you paid before midnight, check your PayPal statement first.

Otherwise, we're at 77 paid members coming to the event!!!!!! Not bad for less than 2 days! :clapping:

I can confirm the details as sent by Iggy work... I've got my room reserved. Are we there yet?

Got my room with a king bed, too. :yahoo:

MANY THANKS to Iggy, WC, TWN and everyone else donating their time and energy to make this happen for all of us!! Looking forward to getting on the road in July!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NAFO fee paid: CHECK

Hotel room reserved: CHECK

Sooooooooo, are we there yet?

Thanks Dale

all booked up, i got the only smoking room in the place ye ha.

R

did I mention it is in the parking lot.

Got my room with a king bed, too. :yahoo:
MANY THANKS to Iggy, WC, TWN and everyone else donating their time and energy to make this happen for all of us!! Looking forward to getting on the road in July!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JULY!!!!!!

i was thinking of leaving next week

R

• And lots more

I've included a few samplers below.
Awesome pics, Dave. I especially like the one from Pike's Peak.

I'd like to read ride suggestions, too. So, thanks!

got my room :thumbsupsmileyanim: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

many thanks to all who have worked so hard for this :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Great photos.

I just registered, and I don't even fucking know if I'll be able to get the time off! What the hell though.

It's like bungee jumping. It sounds like too much fun to not take advantage of. :D

"different hued livery" got me! I wanna be that!

Question - Will additional rally shirts be still available at the event? Will they have darts?

And yes, thank you all the crew who did all the work to put this together. Most of you will go to heaven.

The website is beautiful and functional. .

Question - Will additional rally shirts be still available at the event? Will they have darts?
Uh, maybe. If you want to have extra shirts, you need to order them at time of registration (on the NAFO site). We usually have a few extra shirts for sale at the registration check-in room, but don't bank on it or having your size.

As far as the darts: We are FJRForum.com. We don't do darts or pleats or cuffs. If you want those, go sign up with the Nancy-pants, wingtip crowd over at the BMW sites. ;)

We're slippin', peeps..... it took 36 hours for the first 100 registrations.... :lol:

PTO Requested and Approved = done

Registered for NAFO = done

Paid for NAFO = done

Get hotel = done

----

waiting on my russell seat from the group buy, a rack from the talented MR. Garauld and the 07 "new puter" warranty work...and July...

Warchild, except that it's Cold Fusion, helluva site :D (I'm a php-junky)

I did get an error accessing the 'thank you' page after clicking "return to previous site" (sic) button after paying on PayPal's site.

$155 too much? Pffftt... I'm guessing there are lanyards, nametags, conference room "rental", and other associated cool things. It's a bargain and probably just barely covering the costs.

Registered this afternoon -- received hotel code soon thereafter -- hotel booked! Great job folks. I know how much work this is as I organized a Gold Wing gathering in Montrose in July, and doing so again this year in early June. Little more low-key than this FJR gathering, but we do have about 130 bikes and 210 pepole registered for it already. Lots of great riding out that way also.

Status
Not open for further replies.